Ask Mar

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:50 pm

Which one is Jack then. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:59 am

Gravedigger wrote:Which one is Jack then. 8)
Ooooh dear Lord :roll:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:22 pm

Mar, Why does nobody ever ask you anymore??

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:05 am

Mar - Why are slug pellets always a hideous shade of bright blue? A colour completely incongruous to anything naturally occurring in the garden, they stand out and look awful. Why don't they come in green or brown or summat? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Mar - Why are slug pellets always a hideous shade of bright blue? A colour completely incongruous to anything naturally occurring in the garden, they stand out and look awful. Why don't they come in green or brown or summat? :conf:
So people don't eat them when picking up fallen gooseberries? Slugs are fatally attracted to the colour blue? Why didn't Mar answer Sluffy's question? So many questions, so few answers.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:09 pm

sluffy wrote:Mar, Why does nobody ever ask you anymore??
Didn't know this thread was still running thats why. :roll:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:13 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Mar - Why are slug pellets always a hideous shade of bright blue? A colour completely incongruous to anything naturally occurring in the garden, they stand out and look awful. Why don't they come in green or brown or summat? :conf:
So people don't eat them when picking up fallen gooseberries? Slugs are fatally attracted to the colour blue? Why didn't Mar answer Sluffy's question? So many questions, so few answers.
Thats what the experts want you to think. Its really more a case of them trying to terraform our planet into their own. They take the green and turn out the blue, there comes a time when you'll have to pick sides. Just watch out for those slimy gits!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:26 pm

Mar wrote:Thats what the experts want you to think. Its really more a case of them trying to terraform our planet into their own. They take the green and turn out the blue, there comes a time when you'll have to pick sides. Just watch out for those slimy gits!
Crikey! :shock: Anybody know where I can get some paving slabs from then? And quick! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Slug pellets are coloured blue to deter birds.

Other ways to get rid of slugs.

1. Pick them off by hand
2. Aluminum Sulphate, which is a white powder and comes in a container like Shake n Vac
3. Nematodes. These are parasites which kill slugs. They come in blocks which are dissolved in water.

I found out last week, by accident, that slugs are flammable. When ignited, they sizzle.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:16 pm

warthog wrote:Slug pellets are coloured blue to deter birds.

1. Pick them off by hand
2. Aluminum Sulphate, which is a white powder and comes in a container like Shake n Vac
3. Nematodes. These are parasites which kill slugs. They come in blocks which are dissolved in water.

I found out last week, by accident, that slugs are flammable. When ignited, they sizzle.
PUT A RING OF SALT AROUND THE HORRIBLE BSTARDS

THEN WATCH EM SIZZLE :twisted:
Sto ut Serviam

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:30 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
warthog wrote:Slug pellets are coloured blue to deter birds.

1. Pick them off by hand

PUT A RING OF SALT AROUND THE HORRIBLE BSTARDS

THEN WATCH EM SIZZLE :twisted:
I tipped quite a bit of salt on a slug on one the other day. After about five minutes of fizzing the slug emerged from the frothy mess as if nothing had happened. They're changing, I tell ye...

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Little Green Man wrote:I tipped quite a bit of salt on a slug on one the other day. After about five minutes of fizzing the slug emerged from the frothy mess as if nothing had happened. They're changing, I tell ye...
NOW, THAT'S WORRYING

VERY WORRYING

Sto ut Serviam

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:39 pm

yeah and f*cking NASA already know anout it!!!!!!!!!!

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_mm/mr_content.html
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:41 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:I tipped quite a bit of salt on a slug on one the other day. After about five minutes of fizzing the slug emerged from the frothy mess as if nothing had happened. They're changing, I tell ye...
NOW, THAT'S WORRYING

VERY WORRYING
It's alright for you - a shouty key too close to the Tab key for its own good - they'll eat me alive!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:42 pm

communistworkethic wrote:yeah and f*cking NASA already know anout it!!!!!!!!!!

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_mm/mr_content.html
Sweet Jesus! We're doomed!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:46 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
NOW, THAT'S WORRYING

VERY WORRYING
It's alright for you - a shouty key too close to the Tab key for its own good - they'll eat me alive!
:lol: :lol:
Sto ut Serviam

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:01 am

Two other slug-busting options:

Cucumber

Beer

I advocate the former, naturally

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 am

ratbert wrote:Beer

YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION

IS IT SUP LOADS THEN STAGGER AROUND THE GARDEN SQUASHING EM?
Sto ut Serviam

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:28 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
ratbert wrote:Beer

YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION

IS IT SUP LOADS THEN STAGGER AROUND THE GARDEN SQUASHING EM?
You're supposed to embed an empty yoghurt pot or similar container in the garden and then fill it with beer. The theory is that the slug drinks the beer, gets pissed, falls in and drowns.

The ones in my garden drink the beer, survive and then invite their mates around for a piss up the night after. I hear them talking sometimes.

"It's great that warthog's garden. Loads to eat and free beer. We were fecking slimeless last night"

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:12 am

Get some frogs they love to eat slugs

Try this too

Nematodes

Nematodes have been used by commercial growers for over 10 years as an effective means of pest control. These products have been developed and are used underground to treat the source of the infestation before it reaches the surface. Nematodes are aggressive organisms which attack the slug by entering the body cavity and once inside they release bacteria which stops the slug from feeding and bringing about a quick death. The nematodes then carry on reproducing inside the dead slug and so a new generation is released to hunt down more slugs. Once the area is rid of the slugs the nematodes will die back to their natural numbers. Nematodes are totally safe to use on food crops, they are harmless to wildlife, birds, children and pets and as such assist wildlife like hedgehogs to combat pests without any risk.
http://www.bcbfc.co.uk/ Bolton County Bears FC