Ask Mar

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Ask Mar

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:So what are the bloke related cues, just so i know what to look out for... :P I presume that men do have some other then just dropping their pants?!
Posture.
Smile.
Resonating Tone. (Verbal cue but a cue nontheless), (not nasally).
Scent.
Eye Contact. (Held for longer than usual)
Amonst others..

Women are much more attuned to detecting non verbal cues without having to be told what they are. Men however aren't as attuned towards detecting it. This is probably down to the fact that rape has been commonplace over the centuries (caveman days especially).

Body language is key.

Women get approached more so they just think its natural. Whereas men have to work on the approach. A man who knows his stuff won't get blown out instantly by his body language seemingly too aggressive (e.g. directly facing).

Heck women don't need telling this sort of stuff to find a suitor. The main reason that guys start a conversation outside of a work environment such as a club is basically saying 'wanna fk' because men generally don't approach and start a conversation unless they wanna screw. If he says 'Nice handbag', it actually means 'wanna fk', because he probably really doesn't give a crap, its an ice breaker and a bad one at that.

Males get approach anxiety and women get the same anxiety before sex with a new person. This is pretty much down to will being blown off by one woman wreck chances with others (caveman days this was a big problem for males) and for women its will he bugger off after sex and leave me to raise the baby alone (caveman days this was a big problem for women).

Its the difference between this..

and this..

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:14 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Bugger, its gone all complicated again :?
Do you mind if i just ask Mar quickly what you mean?
Depends. What time of month it is really. Hormones play a massive part in womens reasoning.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Mar wrote:
Heck women don't need telling this sort of stuff to find a suitor. The main reason that guys start a conversation outside of a work environment such as a club is basically saying 'wanna fk' because men generally don't approach and start a conversation unless they wanna screw. If he says 'Nice handbag', it actually means 'wanna fk', because he probably really doesn't give a crap, its an ice breaker and a bad one at that.
You do your sex down Mar, i can't believe they are all like that! :shock:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Nice handbag :)

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mar wrote:
I'm guessing you're the sort of girl who thinks they don't get hit on frequently and yet goes to football matches and is oblivious to it.

I'm not saying its our only reason for chatting to women but lets be honest here, looks count.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 pm

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Mar,

Is that an extremely big snail or an extremely small tortoise?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Mar wrote:snip: pic of snail and tortoise
:lol:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Mar, Hoboh wrote somewhere that 'wise old owls are vicious preditors', so I tried your google tip - define:preditor . The answer came back, to my great surprise, from Wiktionary

preditor (plural preditors)

In the entertainment industry, a job title that combines both the duties of an editor and a producer.

So my questions are what was Hoboh on about and what did it have to do with the Two Ronnies?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:14 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Mar,

Is that an extremely big snail or an extremely small tortoise?
It's a small tortoise. The snail however got addicted to speed.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Mar, Hoboh wrote somewhere that 'wise old owls are vicious preditors', so I tried your google tip - define:preditor . The answer came back, to my great surprise, from Wiktionary

preditor (plural preditors)

In the entertainment industry, a job title that combines both the duties of an editor and a producer.

So my questions are what was Hoboh on about and what did it have to do with the Two Ronnies?
Clearly you have missed a typo in what Hoboh was talking about. What Hoboh actually meant to say was Owls are great predaters in that Owls have this natural ability to spot mistakes in our supposed timelines. After all, according to Owlology Jesus was born in (what we call 5 BC), people however haven't come around to the fact that Christ was born 5 years before Christ. The official response was 'Jesus Christ'. Apparently they haven't managed to figure out whether that was a criticism of said belief or whether they were paying credence to the change. With regards to the Two Ronnies the official listing of the first airing came in 1971 however Owlologist Orly and Senior Owlologist Yarly credit it with 1969. Most wiki changes are made due to Owlology.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/predating

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Nice handbag :)
Look Jimmy, i've told you if you're a good boy you can borrow it next week along with the matching dress and hat... ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Mar wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mar wrote:
I'm guessing you're the sort of girl who thinks they don't get hit on frequently and yet goes to football matches and is oblivious to it.

I'm not saying its our only reason for chatting to women but lets be honest here, looks count.
I don;t get hit on frequently - and people go to football to watch football surely, not chat up the opposite sex!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

The Two Ronnies comment was mine and obviously went over a few heads (including the owls). The exit line was : "So it's goodnight from me, and goodnight from him" The inference being that it was time Dan the man gave it a rest and went off to his little bed, with its Bob the Builder duvet cover and Little Noddy bedside lamp. Just thought I'd clear it up. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:So what are the bloke related cues, just so i know what to look out for... :P I presume that men do have some other then just dropping their pants?!
Dear Mar,

I am filled with anxiety by this post. The possibility that I might have needed to be doing something other than "just dropping my pants" is frightfully worrisome.

What should I do about it?

Yours

Worried of Bolton.

P.S. I've posted this on behalf of a friend who doesn't have an internet connection.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Nice handbag :)
Look Jimmy, i've told you if you're a good boy you can borrow it next week along with the matching dress and hat... ;)
and i've told you...if it's not primark, i wil fckng kill you :wink:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Dear Mar,

I am filled with anxiety by this post. The possibility that I might have needed to be doing something other than "just dropping my pants" is frightfully worrisome.

What should I do about it?

Yours

Worried of Bolton.

P.S. I've posted this on behalf of a friend who doesn't have an internet connection.

Pants can still be used but you will get less takers. If you want someone of quality though however you need to do some work.

Not to worry though options for work and pant dropping are available.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:46 pm

You b'stard. You promised never to speak of this again !! :whack:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I've been hunting, well foraging anyway, and I found this thread four pages back. Wow.
I have a number of questions:
1 Do you still exist?
2 Do you still answer questions?
3 Can you answer me the following question?
In a land ruled by a cruel and vicious king there are three court philosophers who claim to be the best most logical philosophers who have ever lived. One day the king is annoyed by his philosophers so he threatens to kill them, but in order to have a bit of fun for himself first, the king sets a test and gives the philosophers a single chance to escape from execution.

The philosophers are forced to sit around a table. Two of the philosophers are blindfolded while the other philosopher is blind and cannot see anyone. The king tells the philosophers that he has five hats: three of the hats are black and two of the hats are white.

A hat is then placed on each philosopher's head. The two hats left over are taken away and hidden. The king then removes the blindfold off the first philosopher and he is asked if he can tell the king what colour hat he is wearing and tell the king how he knows that, and if he can then they will all be allowed to leave unharmed.
The first philosopher who can see both of his other philosopher friends' hats but not his own thinks long and hard but in the end concludes that he doesn’t know. "I don't know, logic cannot inform me" he tells the king.

The king then takes the blindfold off the second philosopher and asks him the same question, promising the same reward. The second philosopher, who also can see both of his other philosopher friends' hats but not his own thinks even longer and even harder than the first philosopher but in the end confesses to not knowing. "I don't know, and I have no way of knowing how to work out the answer" he tells the king.

The last philosopher, who cannot see ANYBODY'S hat, is asked by the king if he can tell him what colour hat he is wearing and how he knows that, with the same promise of release for all of them if he can. The blind philosopher thinks for a second and says "I know!" He then amazes the king by telling him the correct colour hat he is wearing and how he knows that.

Mar, explain how he knew the colour of his hat, and what colour it was?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I've been hunting, well foraging anyway, and I found this thread four pages back. Wow.
I have a number of questions:
1 Do you still exist?
2 Do you still answer questions?
3 Can you answer me the following question?
In a land ruled by a cruel and vicious king there are three court philosophers who claim to be the best most logical philosophers who have ever lived. One day the king is annoyed by his philosophers so he threatens to kill them, but in order to have a bit of fun for himself first, the king sets a test and gives the philosophers a single chance to escape from execution.

The philosophers are forced to sit around a table. Two of the philosophers are blindfolded while the other philosopher is blind and cannot see anyone. The king tells the philosophers that he has five hats: three of the hats are black and two of the hats are white.

A hat is then placed on each philosopher's head. The two hats left over are taken away and hidden. The king then removes the blindfold of the first philosopher and he is asked if he can tell the king what colour hat he is wearing and tell the king how he knows that, and if he can then they will all be allowed to leave unharmed.

The first philosopher who can see both of his other philosopher friends' hats but not his own thinks long and hard but in the end concludes that he doesn’t know. "I don't know, logic cannot inform me" he tells the king.
The king then takes the blindfold off the second philosopher and asks him the same question, promising the same reward. The second philosopher, who also can see both of his other philosopher friends' hats but not his own thinks even longer and even harder than the first philosopher but in the end confesses to not knowing. "I don't know, and I have no way of knowing how to work out the answer" he tells the king.

The last philosopher, who cannot see ANYBODY'S hat, is asked by the king if he can tell him what colour hat he is wearing and how he knows that, with the same promise of release for all of them if he can. The blind philosopher thinks for a second and says "I know!" He then amazes the king by telling him the correct colour hat he is wearing and how he knows that.

Mar, explain how he knew the colour of his hat, and what colour it was?
He has a black hat (in case Mar is asleep).

The possibilities for the last two are:
W W
W B
B W
B B

If the first chap saw two white hats he would know his was Black. He did not know so W W is eliminated.
If the second chap saw the third was wearing a white hat, he would then know his was Black, but he did not. So B W is eliminated.
So the third must have a Black hat on regardless of what the other two have, since they must be either W B or B B.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.