Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Dujon » Tue May 11, 2021 4:16 pm

Good lad, TANGO, my wife and myself get our first injection tomorrow morn.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Dujon wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:16 pm
Good lad, TANGO, me and the wife get our first tomorrow morn.
Nothing much to it Dujon. Jab in the upper arm near the shoulder and that's it. Good luck.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:53 pm
Sorted. Had my second jab today. Me and the wife have both had two each now.
Nice one, Tango. Hope you're both feeling chipper. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 11, 2021 7:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:02 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:53 pm
Sorted. Had my second jab today. Me and the wife have both had two each now.
Nice one, Tango. Hope you're both feeling chipper. :)
Cheers Bruce. Didn't have much reaction to the first one; just a slight ache for a couple of days. I'm assuming/hoping this one will be the same. Figures for Bolton and district, in general, are a bit worrying

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 24, 2021 11:36 am

Just had the call to go in for my second jab at 14:25 this afternoon. Nursey S-I-L has advised taking paracetamol prior to going in so as to combat any kind of a reaction. Just glad to be getting it done, really.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon May 24, 2021 1:15 pm

Nice one, Bruce. Got my first coming up this coming Sunday. Hopefully brighter days ahead.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:36 am
Just had the call to go in for my second jab at 14:25 this afternoon. Nursey S-I-L has advised taking paracetamol prior to going in so as to combat any kind of a reaction. Just glad to be getting it done, really.
I suppose we're all different mate, or maybe I'm just fortunate, but neither me or the wife have had any noticeable reaction. Good luck anyway. :)

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:44 pm

Just back from a short trip west to Stratford's Westfield shopping centre. Not to buy anything, but to receive; in particular my first dose of the ol' Pfizer. I did wonder why they chose a densely populated shopping centre to pop open a vaccine clinic, but then I guess there's a lot of empty retail space to be used these days. Indeed, noted separately that in the centre itself was a completely independent NHS Plasma donation centre.

Not a fan of needles given I have a penchant to faint afterwards, but everything allright so far. Did think on the way home that this felt like a concrete step back to something that resembles life prior to all this. Hopefully in the home straight.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 pm

London today! Playing the tourist with the kids on their inset day! We had a great time, sun shone, wasn’t too busy, saw loads of the sights, managed not to lose any children. Twins are getting to the age now (10) when they can take in and piece together more of the history and are genuinely interested, youngest just enjoyed travelling by train, bus, boat, DLR, tube and cable car - and the McDonald’s!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:16 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 pm
London today! Playing the tourist with the kids on their inset day! We had a great time, sun shone, wasn’t too busy, saw loads of the sights, managed not to lose any children. Twins are getting to the age now (10) when they can take in and piece together more of the history and are genuinely interested, youngest just enjoyed travelling by train, bus, boat, DLR, tube and cable car - and the McDonald’s!
Credit to you, G.G. for giving the kids what sounds like a lovely family day out. :pray:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:16 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 pm
Credit to you, G.G. for giving the kids what sounds like a lovely family day out. :pray:
Thanks Tango, never a cheap day out 😬 but our capital city is well worth looking round and it’s easily done via train fairly quickly from here. We had a lovely half term actually - beach, farm trip, swimming, dog walks in the forest, library, seeing friends and family. Life really felt more like normal.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Back from a weekend in the Lake District. In retrospect, while I preparing for all weathers is sensible, I rather think packing two jumpers and a raincoat was excessive.

Got there Friday morning and we topped Blencathra in the afternoon. Nice, even if the scramble up Sharp Edge was more nerve-wracking than I'd like.

Saturday, sore head in tow, we did Hellvelyn. The heat made it brutal, especially the first half which is just two hours straight of climbing direct from Glenridding, a lovely little town on Ullswater. Some poor lad had clearly had too much the night before and bailed halfway up the first bit. The heat turned my pack of jelly babies into a single, amorphous gelatin baby. Bad times.

Then with the first half over the top itself comes into view.

I honestly thought my mate who organised this was taking the piss. :lol: but some moaning and dissatisfied grunts later we all carried on, up Striding Edge, which wasn't as frightening as the one the previous day; surprising, given the overall height difference on Hellvelyn is much greater. The views were the ultimate reward though.

After that we scrambled back down the other side and, given the heat, took a dip in the tarn. F*cking belting.

The next two hours of walking down hill back to Ullswater were pretty tedious overall but still pleasant, although rather tough on the calves and knees. Still, can't wait to go back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Belting pics them Keyser.

Great weather for photos, not so much for exertion! Hope you managed 1 or 2 well deserved scoops afterwards :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:46 pm

That does look nice. Had a nice weekend in Eskdale recently, need to get to the lakes more often. 2 weeks camping in Wales coming up. St davids. Sounds idyllic.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:46 pm
That does look nice. Had a nice weekend in Eskdale recently, need to get to the lakes more often. 2 weeks camping in Wales coming up. St davids. Sounds idyllic.
Pembrokeshire is lovely! Can I recommend Tenby for a visit! We went last year on holiday. Just lovely. Beaches are stunning.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:05 pm

Lane district looks stunning KS. Not been since I was a kid. Would love to go again.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:05 pm
Lane district looks stunning KS. Not been since I was a kid. Would love to go again.
I do keep telling you to get your arse up there. Still, whilst there’s postal deliveries of gingerbread you have no real need. 😉

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
need to get to the lakes more often.
I don't think I ever 'not' said this when leaving the place. Keswick remains my favourite town in all the UK.

A few of us looked at buying property there between us a while back but there's a covenant on properties (quite right too, btw) so that they can only be sold to locals, who were being priced out of their own town by the likes of me and my mates.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:15 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
need to get to the lakes more often.
I don't think I ever 'not' said this when leaving the place. Keswick remains my favourite town in all the UK.
Last day on Sunday we went there. Bit of pitch and putt, pissing about on a boat, some scoops in a local watering hole and then lazing around admiring this:

What a place it would be to live!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Quaffing a few Growler IPAs with our old mate Ratbert down at the Green Man Festival, in the stunning Brecon Beacons. This whole thing wasn't on until three weeks ago and is rather reduced from previous years, but God bless every fecking one of the people who've made it happen.