Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Just been to see Limehouse Lizzy (Thin Lizzy tribute band) round the corner from my house in the field next to a local Primary School. One of the best open air gigs I've attended and the first one for the young enfieldian.

Highlight of the evening was discovering the lead singer (and bloody good Phil Lynott look/sound alike) is an Bolton boy too!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:28 am

Sydney on Friday. For 10 weeks. :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:17 pm

jimbo wrote:Sydney on Friday. For 10 weeks. :D
you may well put a big smiley up there.

V V jealous.

Enjoy it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Last night to blackburn college to see the final projects of the art and design Students (inc my own daughter's work). Was very proud of her.

Tonight at Bolton Uni it's the Creative Arts Degree Show - one of my favourite annual events - artists, designers, animators, photographers, final year and foundation syudents. Wonderful celebration of creativity.

On until Saturday, and open to the public.

:D

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 am

See you in 10 weeks! :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 am

William the White wrote: On until Saturday, and open to the public.

You haven't the times for Saturday have you, William?
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote: On until Saturday, and open to the public.

You haven't the times for Saturday have you, William?
It's an Open Day tomorow, Bruce, so I'd say 10.00-3.30 or so.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:50 pm

The Octagon - The Hired Man. Last play of the season.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm in the pub. I'll more than likely be here tonight. Cricket's on.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:54 pm

clapton is god wrote:The Octagon - The Hired Man. Last play of the season.
Did you enjoy? I loved the acting and the singing and the music, but thought the script a bit thin...

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:02 pm

The pub after work, then to my birds, in anticipation of a heavy weekend on the pop......marvellous
Troll and proud of it.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:51 pm

William the White wrote:
Did you enjoy? I loved the acting and the singing and the music, but thought the script a bit thin...
Enjoyed it very much! I'd forgotten that it was a musical and that it was by Melvyn Bragg so when we sat down and read through the program I pulled a face as I suddenly thought I didn't fancy it. Once it started with that opening number though I thoroughly enjoyed it! The cast were very well picked for their roles, full of character and energy. We had seen that main man twice before recently in The Comedians and in Midsummer Nights Dream at the Royal Exchange. Just shows how versatile these acting types are! I thought the script okay and it held my interest throughout. At half time I guessed correctly that she would stay with him when my wife had condemned her to running off with the other chap :)

Looking forward to next season now and got all our tickets lined up. We bought them the week before my wife got made redundant so just in time there or it may not have happened.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:03 pm

clapton is god wrote:
William the White wrote:
Enjoyed it very much! I'd forgotten that it was a musical and that it was by Melvyn Bragg so when we sat down and read through the program I pulled a face as I suddenly thought I didn't fancy it. Once it started with that opening number though I thoroughly enjoyed it! The cast were very well picked for their roles, full of character and energy. We had seen that main man twice before recently in The Comedians and in Midsummer Nights Dream at the Royal Exchange. Just shows how versatile these acting types are! I thought the script okay and it held my interest throughout. At half time I guessed correctly that she would stay with him when my wife had condemned her to running off with the other chap :)

Looking forward to next season now and got all our tickets lined up. We bought them the week before my wife got made redundant so just in time there or it may not have happened.
Shirley Valentine lives? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

The Ghost of Burnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Ghost of Burnden » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:09 am

I am off out tonight - being taken to watch Jarred Christmas.

I saw him on Mock The Week, a couple of weeks ago, but has anyone seen him live and if you have was he any good?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:33 am

Spamalot at the Opera House :D

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:31 am

First time in 5 years that I'm not in Gloucester for the Air Tattoo then off to Bristol for a night out afterwards - instead Im at work, but its made a bit easier by listening to the radio saying the weather is bad and there's a 9 mile queue on the motorway to get to the event so it's not all bad!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

P.O.S. wrote:First time in 5 years that I'm not in Gloucester for the Air Tattoo then off to Bristol for a night out afterwards - instead Im at work, but its made a bit easier by listening to the radio saying the weather is bad and there's a 9 mile queue on the motorway to get to the event so it's not all bad!
was that why there were about 7 million caravans and motor homes in a big dock off field beside the M5 nr Glouster on Friday?

Think ill have a saunter out to Weston-Super-Mare later? never been, whythefucknot.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:49 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:First time in 5 years that I'm not in Gloucester for the Air Tattoo then off to Bristol for a night out afterwards - instead Im at work, but its made a bit easier by listening to the radio saying the weather is bad and there's a 9 mile queue on the motorway to get to the event so it's not all bad!
was that why there were about 7 million caravans and motor homes in a big dock off field beside the M5 nr Glouster on Friday?

Think ill have a saunter out to Weston-Super-Mare later? never been, whythefucknot.
It's highly likely yeah, unless some other festival was on down there too.

By the way, I'm liking your Battle Royale themed avatar! Im sure there were some t-shirts knocking about at one time with a picture of various characters' demises from the film and their name and number underneath, quality!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Learning everything that I can about the NHS, with a particular focus on primary care and community nursing. In anticipation of a new job.

Is anyone on The Wanderer active in this area, I wonder?

Anwers on a postcad. Or a post will do.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 pm

:D I have said t-shirts. The boy one as my avatar, and my sig is the wording on the back.

Got the girl one too, collectors items. 8)

Fkg LOVE that film!