Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:50 am

clapton is god wrote: Pre-interval was average, I thought, but it livened up considerably after the break and turned into an excellent show well worth going to. Star of the show for me was David Birrell as Ezra Fitton, the brides father. He has all the best lines and played the part to a T. Also worth mentioning is Akshay Gulari on his acting debut. He didn't have much to do but we had our eyes on him and he did it very well. Star of the future!

I was surprised the place wasn't full with it being a well known local play but on a Saturday night it was 75% at best. And it was red hot in there. One woman in front of us left part way through the second half looking decidedly unwell and I felt poorly myself too.

Someone had a bright idea to add a row of old dining chairs, high backed wooden ones with straight back and vinyl seats, to the front of the fitted seating to give an extra row and make the place look like the 1960's I suppose. It was a very bad idea and everyone sat in those seats looked very uncomfortable throughout. If your ticket is for row D, unlucky!

Good season opener though and I enjoyed it very much.
Landed a last minute complimentary last night. Have to agree with all you say there, Clapton (with the exception of Ezra Fitton being the bride's father ;) ) Strange that it was only 75% full on Friday though as it was pretty much a full house last night. And yes, it's way too hot in there. They could save themselves some money there.

So glad that we didn't land Row D seats. Very awkward and most undoubtedly uncomfortable for a 2 & 1/2 hour play.

Brilliant performances both David Birrell and Barbara Drennan as Erza and Lucy Fitton.

The second half is without a doubt the funniest thing I've seen to date at The Octagon.

I'm due to see it again on Friday and, if anything, am really looking forward to doing so.
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
clapton is god wrote: Pre-interval was average, I thought, but it livened up considerably after the break and turned into an excellent show well worth going to. Star of the show for me was David Birrell as Ezra Fitton, the brides father. He has all the best lines and played the part to a T. Also worth mentioning is Akshay Gulari on his acting debut. He didn't have much to do but we had our eyes on him and he did it very well. Star of the future!

I was surprised the place wasn't full with it being a well known local play but on a Saturday night it was 75% at best. And it was red hot in there. One woman in front of us left part way through the second half looking decidedly unwell and I felt poorly myself too.

Someone had a bright idea to add a row of old dining chairs, high backed wooden ones with straight back and vinyl seats, to the front of the fitted seating to give an extra row and make the place look like the 1960's I suppose. It was a very bad idea and everyone sat in those seats looked very uncomfortable throughout. If your ticket is for row D, unlucky!

Good season opener though and I enjoyed it very much.
Landed a last minute complimentary last night. Have to agree with all you say there, Clapton (with the exception of Ezra Fitton being the bride's father ;) ) Strange that it was only 75% full on Friday though as it was pretty much a full house last night. And yes, it's way too hot in there. They could save themselves some money there.

So glad that we didn't land Row D seats. Very awkward and most undoubtedly uncomfortable for a 2 & 1/2 hour play.

Brilliant performances both David Birrell and Barbara Drennan as Erza and Lucy Fitton.

The second half is without a doubt the funniest thing I've seen to date at The Octagon.

I'm due to see it again on Friday and, if anything, am really looking forward to doing so.

Oops :oops:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Future Islands tonight. He what dances funny and growls somewhat. Funny old band (I'm not paying).

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:19 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:pLanded a last minute complimentary last night. Have to agree with all you say there, Clapton (with the exception of Ezra Fitton being the bride's father ;) ) Strange that it was only 75% full on Friday though as it was pretty much a full house last night. And yes, it's way too hot in there. They could save themselves some money there.
You up to your 'spoiler' tricks again Rioja ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Last night, Yankee Stadium to watch the FOOTBALL

to watch NYCFC v Toronto. Jozy Altidore played (out wide!) and nutmegged a guy once, but apart from that was woeful and spent most of the time moaning at players around him.

Lampard scored the shittest goal of all time and missed a similar one in the second half. Pirlo was rubbish, barely moved from the centre circle and was still MoTM. Some amazing passing when he looked arsed.

Michael Bradley wanted to dribble past everybody and took every set piece and looked like he was someone who did that at school to everyone's chagrin.

NYCFC keeper is listed under 'camera-saves' in the dictionary. Stop punching it in front of goal man.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
clapton is god wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:pLanded a last minute complimentary last night. Have to agree with all you say there, Clapton (with the exception of Ezra Fitton being the bride's father ;) ) Strange that it was only 75% full on Friday though as it was pretty much a full house last night. And yes, it's way too hot in there. They could save themselves some money there.
You up to your 'spoiler' tricks again Rioja ???
mea culpa - he's the grooms father.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:23 am

Off to see me Mum who has just got back from France,
Then off to a footy Match!!!

Winners of each state league have a match against in a knockout cup style...
The winner of each league competition (top of the table) in the NPL will compete in a single match knockout tournament to decide the National Premier Leagues Champion for 2015. The participants will be matched up based on geographical proximity. The winner will additionally qualify for the 2016 FFA Cup Round of 32

It's South Melbourne Vs. Hobart Olympia!!!

Go South!!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:38 am

2399 wrote:Off to see me Mum who has just got back from France,
Then off to a footy Match!!!

Winners of each state league have a match against in a knockout cup style...
The winner of each league competition (top of the table) in the NPL will compete in a single match knockout tournament to decide the National Premier Leagues Champion for 2015. The participants will be matched up based on geographical proximity. The winner will additionally qualify for the 2016 FFA Cup Round of err 32

It's South Melbourne Vs. Hobart Olympia!!!

Go South!!!
Did you ever see Ivanhoe play down there?

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:47 am

No I haven't.

South lost 1-2...

and I got given a Barcelona Top which I cracked it and upset me Mum! :oops:
(Before she went I made sure to say not to get me one as I dislike Barcelona!)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:37 pm

last night, went to the Exeter Corn Exchange to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain...

it was a fantastic night - their musical talent is immense - and their understated, dry humour as real joy!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:35 pm

To(morrow)night I'm off to see The Wildhearts (for the umpteenth time)

This band never fails to deliver.

First half of the set is a live rendering of their (20 years old) second full studio album P.H.U.Q. and the second part an eclectic mix of other favourites from the last 25 years.

Me, Mrs GtE and Little Miss GtE will be in attendance.

Altogether now ''I wanna go where the people go yeah-eh''

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Royal Exchange tonight for The Crucible, but first a tasty morsel at Wahacacaca in town.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:28 pm

clapton is god wrote:Royal Exchange tonight for The Crucible, but first a tasty morsel at Wahacacaca in town.
You arer aware that the dance event of the year starts tonight Clapton? I assume you will be taping it? Daniel O'Donnel dancing, who could miss it? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:02 pm

clapton is god wrote:Royal Exchange tonight for The Crucible, but first a tasty morsel at Wahacacaca in town.
When did this happen? I emailed the bastards and they told me that they had no plans to open up here. That's my next night out in Manchester sorted! :pray:

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
When did this happen? I emailed the bastards and they told me that they had no plans to open up here. That's my next night out in Manchester sorted! :pray:
Corn Exchange on the outside near the fountains, just across the way from Harvey Nicks. I can recommend the 'British Steak done the Mexican Way'! Excellent grub!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
You arer aware that the dance event of the year starts tonight Clapton? I assume you will be taping it? Daniel O'Donnel dancing, who could miss it? :wink:
I will be watching it, but not tonight. I see Jeremy Vine is involved this year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Could I put my name forwards Tango? :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Could I put my name forwards Tango? :-)
Well, I was actually meaning in a more Daniel O'Dare way than Freddie Astaire, Worthy.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:35 pm

From the match to Bridgewater Hall.

Manchester Camerata is a lovely chamber orchestra with an exuberant conductor. The programme was familiar - including Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez and Beethoven's lovely Pastoral symphony. But they played beautifully - and our (me and my wife) Year of Live Music gains its first September entry. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:To(morrow)night I'm off to see The Wildhearts (for the umpteenth time)

This band never fails to deliver.
Indeed. I wanted to see them at The Academy the Friday before last. However, LeverEnd has metamorphosed into the most gigantic nice person that it's possible to imagine. These days he's given up on running, he's given up on gigs...... The nice person. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way