Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:England v Scotland in a home international on T.V....I ain't going anywhere.... :wink:
I watched it in a Glaswegian bar. Never kept as quiet in my life. :D
How was your sign language? :D
I sat on my hands and just nodded when I was ready for another drink. It worked very well :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:England v Scotland in a home international on T.V....I ain't going anywhere.... :wink:
I watched it in a Glaswegian bar. Never kept as quiet in my life. :D
How was your sign language? :D
I sat on my hands and just nodded when I was ready for another drink. It worked very well :D
My Dad was stationed up that way in the Fleet Air Arm and had to escape out the window in the bogs more than once :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Not sure I've been able to trust my motormouth by the second half after a few pints. I'd have ended up dead.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Lessons learned well, Gentlemen. I even remembered to open a tab up and settle it by card - so no pictures of The Queen ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:04 pm

You'd have been fine it they were Rangers. TBF I find Glasgow to be more sectarian than just about anywhere...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:35 am

Cat Stevens last night on my Birthday. He did a hell of a set, although TD would have been slightly disappointed at the lack of Lady D'arbanville. :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Beefheart wrote:Cat Stevens last night on my Birthday. He did a hell of a set, although TD would have been slightly disappointed at the lack of Lady D'arbanville. :)

I guess he sees that number as too personal now and past history. Always be vintage Cat for me though. Glad you enjoyed it, he still has pelnty more to offer. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Cat Stevens last night on my Birthday. He did a hell of a set, although TD would have been slightly disappointed at the lack of Lady D'arbanville. :)

I guess he sees that number as too personal now and past history. Always be vintage Cat for me though. Glad you enjoyed it, he still has pelnty more to offer. :wink:
He said his wife was in the audience and doesn't let him play it :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Beefheart wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

He said his wife was in the audience and doesn't let him play it :D
Understandable, I suppose... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 am

Sean Lock at Blackburn last night. Absolutely superb again (bar the bit about ballet :)).

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:53 am

went to see School of Rock last night int west end. those kids playing live were sensational!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:33 pm

So, I'd been looking forward to last night for a while. The Wildheats supported by Ginger Wildheart's side project, Hey. Hello at The Ritz. 20 minutes into Hey. Hello's set when towels and a big fan are being dragged onstage. Clearly struggling. the next thing you know and Ginger's collapsed to his knees. He gets taken offstage and the band attempt to crack on without him until the inevitable announcement's made. I do hope that the guy's OK. I'm struggling to find an update.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:So, I'd been looking forward to last night for a while. The Wildheats supported by Ginger Wildheart's side project, Hey. Hello at The Ritz. 20 minutes into Hey. Hello's set when towels and a big fan are being dragged onstage. Clearly struggling. the next thing you know and Ginger's collapsed to his knees. He gets taken offstage and the band attempt to crack on without him until the inevitable announcement's made. I do hope that the guy's OK. I'm struggling to find an update.
I've sent you a link to a facebook page All things Gingee Wildheart.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:27 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:So, I'd been looking forward to last night for a while. The Wildheats supported by Ginger Wildheart's side project, Hey. Hello at The Ritz. 20 minutes into Hey. Hello's set when towels and a big fan are being dragged onstage. Clearly struggling. the next thing you know and Ginger's collapsed to his knees. He gets taken offstage and the band attempt to crack on without him until the inevitable announcement's made. I do hope that the guy's OK. I'm struggling to find an update.
I've sent you a link to a facebook page All things Gingee Wildheart.
Ta Dude.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:20 pm

And tonight is the rescheduling of this :oyea:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Hope it's a good in.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:56 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Hope it's a good in.
Absolutely superb, mate. Did just under 2 hours too. :oyea:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:29 am

Last night was Black Sabbath at the 02.

Bad traffic and a bloody long walk from the car park (which cost £33! meant we missed the support, Rival Sons.

However the concert was great. Ozzy was on form with a few classics from the back catalogue dredged up.

1 and 3/4 hours was too short and I wish they'd done more than a 1 song encore but if this is to be The End then I'm happy that was the epitaph.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:56 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:Last night was Black Sabbath at the 02.

Bad traffic and a bloody long walk from the car park (which cost £33! meant we missed the support, Rival Sons.

However the concert was great. Ozzy was on form with a few classics from the back catalogue dredged up.

1 and 3/4 hours was too short and I wish they'd done more than a 1 song encore but if this is to be The End then I'm happy that was the epitaph.
They did three for us last week!

Great do. As an aside, as you do on Facebook, got asked "do you want to write a review" etc. I logged on to see what folks were saying, and they generally ran like this...

"Great gig, pricey beer BUT people spoiled it by standing up dancing with air guitars".... I mean, really, at a Sabbath gig? Who would have though that might happen? Dickwads.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Last night was Black Sabbath at the 02.

They did three for us last week!

Great do. As an aside, as you do on Facebook, got asked "do you want to write a review" etc. I logged on to see what folks were saying, and they generally ran like this...

"Great gig, pricey beer BUT people spoiled it by standing up dancing with air guitars".... I mean, really, at a Sabbath gig? Who would have though that might happen? Dickwads.

I can only think it was the 10.00 pm curfew at the 02 that did for us.

As for standing up and headbanging? Would take a brave man to do that where we were sat up in the gods! It's so bloody steep up there.