Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:14 pm

You didn't buy them did you you lunatic?!

They're not for me but they have a few songs and I get that people like them. Like them enough to pay to go and see them live even. But surely not for £300+?! I'm assuming that wasn't the face value price? I'd want to be able to have a go on the drums for that.

Though that is the best gig in the band:

(Nish Kumar actually being funny warning)

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:22 pm

No, I didn't (I was genuinely looking at Peter Gabriel tickets). It was a passing curiosity. And yes that was face value on Ticketmaster at the Ethiad....Stood up...They seem to have sold out now. The cheapest "Resale ticket" currently on Ticketmaster is £762.45...I kid you not!

I'm a little unsure how you could dis Coldplay and post a Nish Kumar video! :-) :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:34 pm

Who are these people?!

Nish, much like Coldplay, has very occasionally made me enjoy myself against me will. Ooh-er missus, etc.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:21 pm

I paid just under £70 to see Counting Crows play The Apollo a couple of months back, which I 'think' is the most I've ever paid to see a single band. As it happened, it was without a doubt the best performance I've seen them give in around 30 years of following them. Just outstanding.

Regarding the Roger Waters gig thing, I'm advised by my brother that it'd cost me considerably less to get wound up by, launch a bottle of piss at, and walk out of a Billy Bragg gig instead of a Roger Waters gig! :D
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Well I love Coldplay. There, I've said it. I think they're great :D . They were great live at the Bok many moons ago and I'd love to see them again but for £300? Feck off!!

On the subject of eye watering prices, BP was telling me this week that Charlton were advertising match day parking at the Valley for £45 :shock:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:37 pm
On the subject of eye watering prices, BP was telling me this week that Charlton were advertising match day parking at the Valley for £45 :shock:
https://www.charltonafc.com/matchday-ex ... ar-parking

Robbing fecks!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:27 pm

Oh, you can park there for just £36 if there is no match on. Bargain!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:02 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:20 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:37 pm
https://www.charltonafc.com/matchday-ex ... ar-parking

Robbing fecks!
Parking has always been a fvcking nightmare round Charlton. All the retail parks have 2 hr max and the side streets are not unlike round the old Burnden Park. My advice would be to park near Greenwich and train in to Charlton. You can tap in on your credit card to save a Travelcard. Reckon it will be cheaper and there's lots of lovely places to eat afterwards. For a cheap pint go to the Liberal Club just up the road from The Antigallican. You can sign in as a day member and you have a subsidised bar.

* Ignore that, just checked, it closed in 2018. :roll: :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:39 am

Off to see 'A Man Called Otto' this evening. By the looks of things, it follows a very similar structure to films such as 'Gran Torino'.

Still, it has Tom Hanks in it who I'm always more than happy to watch.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:07 pm

First go at Hawksmoor. Heard good things. One thing I can't work out...

Your table will be booked for 1 hour 30 minutes for parties of up to 2; 2 hours for parties of up to 4; 2 hours 30 minutes for parties of up to 6; and 3 hours for parties of 7+.

How come 4 people eat 4 meals 30 minutes slower than 2?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:32 pm

^^ Mind at seven quid for a 330ML stubby can of IPA, maybe I'm happier not being here for more than 90 minutes...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:27 am

Last weekend I went to see a band called Robert Jon and the Wreck at the Met Centre in Bury. I didn't know much about them other than a few tracks on the radio but they sounded like one of the types of music I like (Southern Rock with a Blues twist). I was very pleasantly surprised. Not just with the band (supported by the songwriting core of a grouo called Bywater Call whose singer sounds like the blend of Elkie Brooks and Grace Slick) but also the venue. Great sound, not too big a room and excellent food in the bar/ restaurant next door. I heartily recommend the Southern Fried Chicken y'awll!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:06 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:27 am
Last weekend I went to see a band called Robert Jon and the Wreck at the Met Centre in Bury. I didn't know much about them other than a few tracks on the radio but they sounded like one of the types of music I like (Southern Rock with a Blues twist). I was very pleasantly surprised. Not just with the band (supported by the songwriting core of a grouo called Bywater Call whose singer sounds like the blend of Elkie Brooks and Grace Slick) but also the venue. Great sound, not too big a room and excellent food in the bar/ restaurant next door. I heartily recommend the Southern Fried Chicken y'awll!
Yeah The Met is a great little venue. They've had some decent artists on there over the years too. Reminds me that, pre covid, I used to get their annual brochure showing who was on. The food is good too isn't it? Went on a few do's there when I worked in Bury and it was always good. One time we were sat on the next table to the group we were there to see. I was too shy to go over though :oops:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:12 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:06 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:27 am
Yeah The Met is a great little venue. They've had some decent artists on there over the years too. Reminds me that, pre covid, I used to get their annual brochure showing who was on. The food is good too isn't it? Went on a few do's there when I worked in Bury and it was always good. One time we were sat on the next table to the group we were there to see. I was too shy to go over though :oops:
Twas the case on Sunday. The band were eating in the bar. Knew so little of them I couldn't tell the drummer from the bassist. :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:47 pm

Having dragged our Maude to the last ever Genesis concert. It's payback. The Prodigy at the AO...I have base dampening ear plugs, which given the tinnitus, I now wish I had when I saw Motorhead on the Bomber Tour...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:36 pm

On the subject of music (very loosely) we went to youngest son's Christmas Day . Grand daughter entertained us with her presents; One of them was a junior drum kit. She's three years old. You can imagine, bless her... :shock: ........... :D

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:42 pm

Might not be quite up to Pru's last couple of nights fine dining, but we have a group of old fellas going to see a group of older fellas. Stranglers 50th Tour...

Dunno about walking down the beaches, these days, just watching where I land my feet!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 pm

Is there a holiday thread? Just back from
Costa Adeje - any self respecting wanderers fan should know the Giddy Goose… got a mention in here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chips.html

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:40 pm

Went to York for a couple of days with the kids and just got back. Absolutely knackered but I do love the place.

Proper f-you money though. Absolutely everything costs a bomb. Since when weren’t museums free of charge?

Loved doing plenty of activities with the kids and trampling around the city looking for little nods to the past.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:40 pm
Went to York for a couple of days with the kids and just got back. Absolutely knackered but I do love the place.

Proper f-you money though. Absolutely everything costs a bomb. Since when weren’t museums free of charge?

Loved doing plenty of activities with the kids and trampling around the city looking for little nods to the past.
Lots of museums are free in London but prices for everything else even more expensive there! Entertaining kids isn’t cheap in the holidays!