Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
William the White
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8454
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Trotter Shop

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:Shoulder of Mutton I reckon.
on Holcombe hill? good choice!
Last time I went it was closed.

Is it reopened?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:52 pm

William the White wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:Shoulder of Mutton I reckon.
on Holcombe hill? good choice!
Last time I went it was closed.

Is it reopened?
certainly is, and its better than ever!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon
Posts: 5043
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:58 am
Location: 200 miles darn sarf

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Tonight I'm assistant referee in the United Counties Premier League game between Cogenhoe United and Raunds Town (who?)

Oh, and "Cogenhoe" is pronounced "Cuckno" - so there you go.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Worryingly close to Old Tr*fford.
Contact:

Post by clapton is god » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Tonight I'm assistant referee in the United Counties Premier League game between Cogenhoe United and Raunds Town (who?)

Oh, and "Cogenhoe" is pronounced "Cuckno" - so there you go.
Fogenhoe's who they are!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon
Posts: 5043
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:58 am
Location: 200 miles darn sarf

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Tonight I'm assistant referee in the United Counties Premier League game between Cogenhoe United and Raunds Town (who?)

Oh, and "Cogenhoe" is pronounced "Cuckno" - so there you go.
Fogenhoe's who they are!
Sweet! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19814
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:51 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Tonight I'm assistant referee in the United Counties Premier League game between Cogenhoe United and Raunds Town (who?)

Oh, and "Cogenhoe" is pronounced "Cuckno" - so there you go.
Fogenhoe's who they are!
That, sir, was magnificent.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3057
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Im goin pub.

shevchenko54
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:54 am

Post by shevchenko54 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Im goin pub.
Ditto.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19814
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:14 pm

The place what does the things in the glasses the things what you drink in the place the place with the people.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 am

Been over to Burnley to watch Chess the Musical. I didn't even know what it was about. Turns out that it's an absolute piece of toe-curling mid-eighties faux political shite of the first water in terms of a storyline. Oooh, Russians are all baddies, look. :roll:

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it was absolutely superbly well performed by the Burnley Light Opera Society, so well very done them.

And now I'm sat here at gone midnight, eating breakfast cereal and typing on here. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 15355
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:42 pm
Location: Vagantes numquam erramus

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:37 am

I love Chess (musical not board game).
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Been over to Burnley to watch Chess the Musical. I didn't even know what it was about. Turns out that it's an absolute piece of toe-curling mid-eighties faux political shite of the first water in terms of a storyline. Oooh, Russians are all baddies, look. :roll:

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it was absolutely superbly well performed by the Burnley Light Opera Society, so well very done them.

And now I'm sat here at gone midnight, eating breakfast cereal and typing on here. :?
Was it at the Burnley Mechanics Institute Bruce? Been to a couple of enjoyable concerts there in the past.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Been over to Burnley to watch Chess the Musical. I didn't even know what it was about. Turns out that it's an absolute piece of toe-curling mid-eighties faux political shite of the first water in terms of a storyline. Oooh, Russians are all baddies, look. :roll:

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it was absolutely superbly well performed by the Burnley Light Opera Society, so well very done them.

And now I'm sat here at gone midnight, eating breakfast cereal and typing on here. :?
Was it at the Burnley Mechanics Institute Bruce? Been to a couple of enjoyable concerts there in the past.
It was indeed, Tango. Cracking little venue.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Been over to Burnley to watch Chess the Musical. I didn't even know what it was about. Turns out that it's an absolute piece of toe-curling mid-eighties faux political shite of the first water in terms of a storyline. Oooh, Russians are all baddies, look. :roll:

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it was absolutely superbly well performed by the Burnley Light Opera Society, so well very done them.

And now I'm sat here at gone midnight, eating breakfast cereal and typing on here. :?
Was it at the Burnley Mechanics Institute Bruce? Been to a couple of enjoyable concerts there in the past.
It was indeed, Tango. Cracking little venue.
I once booked two front row seats there to see a Juan Martin guitar concert. I was so close I could see the guitar strings vibrating. As you say, a cracking venue.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6335
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Im off to watch the live recording of the X-factor, planning to run on stage during Jedwood with a pineapple, look out for me!

William the White
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8454
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Trotter Shop

Post by William the White » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Been over to Burnley to watch Chess the Musical. I didn't even know what it was about. Turns out that it's an absolute piece of toe-curling mid-eighties faux political shite of the first water in terms of a storyline. Oooh, Russians are all baddies, look. :roll:

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it was absolutely superbly well performed by the Burnley Light Opera Society, so well very done them.

And now I'm sat here at gone midnight, eating breakfast cereal and typing on here. :?
Was it at the Burnley Mechanics Institute Bruce? Been to a couple of enjoyable concerts there in the past.
It was indeed, Tango. Cracking little venue.
I once booked two front row seats there to see a Juan Martin guitar concert. I was so close I could see the guitar strings vibrating. As you say, a cracking venue.
Juan Martin twangs a good guitar! :D

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:30 pm

William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Been over to Burnley to watch Chess the Musical. I didn't even know what it was about. Turns out that it's an absolute piece of toe-curling mid-eighties faux political shite of the first water in terms of a storyline. Oooh, Russians are all baddies, look. :roll:

However, that doesn't distract from the fact that it was absolutely superbly well performed by the Burnley Light Opera Society, so well very done them.

And now I'm sat here at gone midnight, eating breakfast cereal and typing on here. :?
Was it at the Burnley Mechanics Institute Bruce? Been to a couple of enjoyable concerts there in the past.
It was indeed, Tango. Cracking little venue.
I once booked two front row seats there to see a Juan Martin guitar concert. I was so close I could see the guitar strings vibrating. As you say, a cracking venue.
Juan Martin twangs a good guitar! :D
I've seen him several times and had a decent chat with him at the Bridgewater after the show. He always chats with the audience and once horrified Sir John Barabarolli by telling him he couldn't read music. I have a CD signed by him and his cante (flamenco) singer.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

William the White
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8454
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Trotter Shop

Post by William the White » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Finally going to see GHOSTS at the Octagon.

YES!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35512
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:55 pm

William the White wrote:Finally going to see GHOSTS at the Octagon.

YES!!!!
I say that you're in for a treat, Clapton less so.

I look forward to your review, William. Have a fantastic evening.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 pm

tonight I am mostly going to Dagenham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest