Paint drying

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Paint drying

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Start with a large surface, ideally an interior wall that is exposed to available light. Artificial light should be avoided since it makes it difficult to judge the paint color correctly, especially with shades of white.

Step 2: Choose your paint. Latex gloss, semi-gloss or flat. White is basic, but a pastel color such as light blue is also popular.

Step 3: Using a brush or roller, apply the paint to the wall. Rollers are preferred since they cover a greater area and apply the paint more evenly.

Step 4: When you've covered the entire area, it's time to watch the paint dry. Select a comfortable chair like a rocker or lounge chair, facing the area you've painted.

Step 5: Turn off your cell phone and unplug your land phone. Put on a CD of soothing mood music. If you like, use headphones to best experience the music and block out any distractions.

Step 6: Now sit comfortably in the chair and watch the paint dry.

... or come here and read about Art, Politics, or now fukking cricket! :D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm painting my house at the mo, top to bottom. I'm thinking of charging to come and see me finish the final coat on our next match day. What would be a competitive pricing structure?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm painting my house at the mo, top to bottom. I'm thinking of charging to come and see me finish the final coat on our next match day. What would be a competitive pricing structure?
That's a tough one. If your try to introduce a multi pricing structure you will get a lot of complaints and everything will get bogged down in politics. Make sure you don't use any commercial paint brands otherwise the art lovers will get upset. Finally how many days do you expect to complete the job. I hope it's not 5.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm painting my house at the mo, top to bottom. I'm thinking of charging to come and see me finish the final coat on our next match day. What would be a competitive pricing structure?
Start with the following:

2 x adult + 2 x children = £65.00

That's £1 under the price Bruce paid on Sunday for much less entertainment.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Why am I not surprised? What would a fecking Finnish general know about God's game anyway? :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:06 pm

I'd start with banding the various seating areas according to quality of view, comfort etc... Obviously your favourite chair comes under the executive box category and is charged for accordingly. You should expect to provide tea and biscuits as part of the package though.

You may also wish to consider collective bargaining for the tv rights with the General. Get the time right and you could have an international market for your 'product'

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:

I'm worried that I might not be able to compete with the pub trade, though. Keg in, maybe? I'm thinking that whilst it'll still be expensive, with a beer in hand they'd gladly pay not to have to watch that dross.

The two paints this week are Natural Calico vs Chalk White, btw.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:

I'm worried that I might not be able to compete with the pub trade, though. Keg in, maybe? I'm thinking that whilst it'll still be expensive, with a beer in hand they'd gladly pay not to have to watch that dross.

The two paints this week are Natural Calico vs Chalk White, btw.
In which case you could easily get another fiver per person. Beer or not.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Are you adopting the 4-4-2 brush stroke policy (4 upward strokes followed by 4 downward strokes and finishing with two sideways) for maximum coverage or the more complex 4-3-2-1 favoured by our european brethren.

The stroke direction and therefore drying time will be radically different and therfore more time consuming, ergo you can charge more for more.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 pm

I use the route-one equivalent - the roller!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I use the route-one equivalent - the roller!
I've got a much better labour-saving alternative. Mrs Zulu! 8)
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Remind me to mention that to her.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Gary The Beaver wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:
Remind me to mention that to her.
No, I think we'll keep it as our little secret.
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:09 pm

If you're really smart you'll make it a paint-in. Collect your brushes and cans at the door and you could get the whole room done for nothing and still make a profit while you just sit and watch.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm

You could double the pleasure by putting a plank in the bath and charging to watch it warp...

You might be able to get an arts council grant, especially if you attach wheels to the bath and push it down the A666.

And give the artwork a name...

'Waterboarding' perhaps? This might strike an appropriate contemporary poltical note... perhaps you could have a device whereby little splashes of animal blood, obtained fresh every day from a halal butcher, trickle persistently down the plank and, as the water gets redder and redder, the Artwork eventually changes its name to 'Bloodbath'...

Wow, really went off on one there... :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:52 pm

I could of course just get a dart-board with Megson's Face on. More universal appeal.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 pm

William the White wrote:You could double the pleasure by putting a plank in the bath and charging to watch it warp...

You might be able to get an arts council grant, especially if you attach wheels to the bath and push it down the A666.
that would be dangerously close to an episode of last of the summer wine.... careful!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:50 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:You could double the pleasure by putting a plank in the bath and charging to watch it warp...

that would be dangerously close to an episode of last of the summer wine.... careful!
Really? Arts council grant n all? :shock:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Feck all that, we should just not bother with the players anymore and charge the saem prices at the Reebok for your grass growing experience. If it kicks off, once a season we could go abroad and watch the grass grow in Dubai or somewhere.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:Feck all that, we should just not bother with the players anymore and charge the saem prices at the Reebok for your grass growing experience. If it kicks off, once a season we could go abroad and watch the grass grow in Dubai or somewhere.
I thought he was painting not grass growing? :?

Not paying bugger all for grass growing, as I have enough of the stuff out front that needs shaving.