The Office Christmas Party

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

shevchenko54
Hopeful
Hopeful

The Office Christmas Party

Post by shevchenko54 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:28 pm

It's that time of year again and everyone's work xmas parties are just around the corner (unless the company are skin flints and have it in January....)!

Now i always have a problem with these parties. I seldem talk to any of my colleagues outside of work, often even ignoring them (blatantly) outside of the 9-5. Hence when it comes to the "big day" i find them tedious and awkward!

My work likes to hire out a room in town, invite people to dress smartly then get insanely drunk and do things they will regret for the next 12 months!

I have 2 problems with the party!

1) it is difficult for women (mainly the back office/hr team) to look good at any time. Encouraging them to buy a new outfit is just cringworthy and in my opinion in-humane! These women are attrocious, and should literally be locked in their offices for as much of the year as possible, not encouraged to raid Dorothy Perkins and wear high heels.............there is the odd exception to this point mind, and it leads directly to number 2!

2) I am a young single gent who in the main is well respected by my peers. However by continously avoiding any sort of contact with said people, I have made a rod for my own back! I tend to get pretty pissed at weekend and chase skirt around Manchester. Now the robots i work with no little more about me than the fact that i drink a lot of starbucks and like to leave early on a Friday!

Every year i fall in to the horrible trap at these "parties" of following my usual weekend routine of getting bladdered and then trying to get in to any reasonable looking girl (there are probably 3 in marketing). Now this would be ok but as i lie in the management tier of the business, i am probably supposed to refrain from doing this!

Now this leaves me in a dilemma, do i go and potentially scar my reputation at work, and then have a few very awkward days in the office or not go and miss out on a free bar??

Can anyone help?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 pm

There is the option to go and drink a very modest amount and drive home afterwards, having on your mob evidence of atrocious misbehaviour of more senior management who may want to do you down at some time in the near future and need deterring...

On the other hand, a free bar...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:48 pm

at our place, out of repspect to all the folk they have made redundant this year, the management are not allowing any christmas celebrations to take place on their time or money - a few teams have taken afternoon holidays here and there, and are paying for their own meals etc themselevs. which is absolutely fair enough in my opinion.

thats what were doing, just booked an afternoon off, a group of us who are friendly at work, and we'll just get smashed round manc - this way you swerve all the awkward chitchats with freaks you spend all year trying to avoid!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:50 pm

You can't be considered part of the management, unless you get insanely drunk and try to scuttle any bird who flirts with you. That's what managers do, that's what they should do. That's how they set themselves apart from the minnions.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Next week I'm having to drive from North London to nr. Swindon for a Christmas Meal which I'm paying for. Once over I am driving back to North London to then pick up the family to then drive North for as long as it takes on a Friday F***ing evening to start my Christmas B***ard festivities properly!

Still, I get nearly two weeks off, paid leave. :roll:

By the way Shevvy, as a single man in that situation I would take advantage of the free bar then invite a select few (1) to go on somewhere. Get stuck in, Son!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Shevvy

Get absolutely bladdered before you arrive. Make a dramatic entrance with your cock in your hand and your trousers around your ankles.

That should do it. You'll be parking in the executive car park before you can say "Sod off copper!"

Good luck! 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Shevvy

Get absolutely bladdered before you arrive. Make a dramatic entrance with your cock in your hand and your trousers around your ankles.

That should do it. You'll be parking in the executive car park before you can say "Sod off copper!"

Good luck! 8)
Bloody hell - were you there when I did that one?

:shock:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bloody hell - were you there when I did that one?

Asleep. Under the piano. :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Crazyhorse is still the Christmas party expert. :mrgreen:
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:49 pm

You go to Starbucks?

Gay-boy!
Troll and proud of it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Crazyhorse is still the Christmas part expert. :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:44 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Okay, sorted. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Okay, sorted. :mrgreen:
Just thought he was traded in for a better model every December!! That could really harm somebody's self esteem!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

as wrote:You go to Starbucks?

Gay-boy!
ohhh - you beat me to that one!

fagchops.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:32 pm

I mean yah defo, it's all about Costa Coffee, they put marshmellows in your hot chocolate.

I hate coffee shops, they're everywhere and they ruin folk. We're British, we don't DO coffee, we do tea. TEA dammit. None of this mochygayboychino rubbish. The lenth of time it takes somebody to say their Starbucks order is directly proportional to how much of a tw*t they are. "With a vanilla shot", oh do f*ck off.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:I mean yah defo, it's all about Costa Coffee, they put marshmellows in your hot chocolate.

I hate coffee shops, they're everywhere and they ruin folk. We're British, we don't DO coffee, we do tea. TEA dammit. None of this mochygayboychino rubbish. The lenth of time it takes somebody to say their Starbucks order is directly proportional to how much of a tw*t they are. "With a vanilla shot", oh do f*ck off.
Indeed. Why would any right thinking individual choose to go to these? Have they never heard of the pub?

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Before the thread is hijacked and quickly turns into a debate about the pros and cons of Rainforest Alliance coffee and tea I've got two word's for you

"FREE BAR"

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm

dave1980 wrote:Before the thread is hijacked and quickly turns into a debate about the pros and cons of Rainforest Alliance coffee and tea I've got two word's for you

"FREE BAR"
98% of other Bolton fans have 2 other words going round in their heads at the moment. Well done for being original!

It's a free bar and it's Christmas, therefore dive in!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Ours was last Friday

I avoided people I didn't want to talk to (nearly)

Made a successful suggestion to my boss they looked tired and should go home so I could enjoy myself even more

And fell over trying to breakdance

Seemed to work out ok

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Crazyhorse is still the Christmas party expert. :mrgreen:
:oops:

Dancing in just my undercrackers in front of the full office in a Chinese restaurant on a Friday afternoon says you're proabably right. Yep, those free bars sure are the work of the Devil.
Businesswoman of the year.