English Defence League plans Bolton protest

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

English Defence League plans Bolton protest

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 pm

On March 6. Our (potential) fa cup quarter final day.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... on_protest

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Perhaps someone could explain the word 'irony' to them (hint; its not for your shirties etc).

Then they could ask them why they as the English "defence" league would use the Nazi salute. Perhaps they could also explain that their hero WSC is half yank.

Irony is a f*ckin great word, ya know.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Let 'em get on with it. Ignore it. They'll go away.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:55 pm

In a town as multi-national as Bolton it won't be the most popular protest ever.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:In a town as multi-national as Bolton it won't be the most popular protest ever.
Bolton is not a multi-national town. It's an English one.

It has a diverse ethnic population. :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:In a town as multi-national as Bolton it won't be the most popular protest ever.

You been up Halliwell Road, Blackburn Road or Crescent Road lately, Worthy? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You been up Halliwell Road, Blackburn Road or Crescent Road lately, Worthy? :wink:
In think you miss his point - merely a question of terminology....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:05 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

In think you miss his point - merely a question of terminology....
Indeed good Sir.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Christ.

These morons won't go away will they?

I live in the hope that, maybe one day, the press will get wind of the fact that should you deprive extremist groups the oxygen of publicity they thrive on, they'll shrivel up and die a lot quicker.

Alas, I won't hold my breath waiting for that rational thinking from our tawdry newsrooms.
Viva La Portable Radio!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm

mofgimmers wrote:I live in the hope that, maybe one day, the press will get wind of the fact that should you deprive extremist groups the oxygen of publicity they thrive on, they'll shrivel up and die a lot quicker.

Alas, I won't hold my breath waiting for that rational thinking from our tawdry newsrooms.
Logic doesn't come into it - if they fail to report it, then other organisations have a 'scoop' on them. It's not as if all media outlets will enter a pact to ignore the EDL, so if one covers it they all will. I'm sure they all know that the more they talk about it the more it inflames the situation and are either a) resigned to having to do it, or b) gleeful at the storm of publicity, and therefore sales/profit, that they generate

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 pm

mofgimmers wrote:Christ.

I live in the hope that, maybe one day, the press will get wind of the fact that should you deprive extremist groups the oxygen of publicity they thrive on, they'll shrivel up and die a lot quicker.

This is basically the premise for this weeks (brilliant, as always) Newswipe - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_2/

I think newsrooms could give a feck really about any long term effects of handing out free publicity to any old mentalist. If it's a good story then it'll do.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:04 am

The EDL are boring. If people are so against them - then they should simply ignore them - it's the best way. But the scumbag media will be all over it, making a big deal over a few hundred skinheads (in a town with over a quarter of a million people), and trying to make out that American History X is happening on our doorstep :roll:

But those bloody students, who'll have their own demo planned now, will be a pain in the arse. I'll be trying to get smashed in town during our FA cup winning season (:wink:) & I'll have Tarquin and chums mithering me about 'those nasty racists'. I don't care what they believe, but you annoying c***s are only here to get yourself on telly or in't paper.

Pah!
Troll and proud of it.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:22 am

Tossers the lot of them
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 am

As a semi-related aside, I just got a "constituency newsletter" from Nick Griffin (which is more than I've got from Owen Coyle) as apparently I live in the North West constituency region.

Before hitting the "bin" button, I had a little look to see what he was waffling on about. All fairly nondescript until the bit about him wanting to reverse the smoking ban in pubs and cutting tax on alcohol.

I couldn't really be THAT fickle could I?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 am

I liked the guy on that link who said there were only a very few giving nazi alutes and most of those were really just waving their arms in the air because of the song they were singing... the Horst Wessel song, presumably...

If there's the possibility of a peaceful protest against them (unlikely, i suspect), I will join it... If not, i hope they get driven out of Bolton...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:01 pm

mofgimmers wrote:Christ.

DEMOCRACY

Love it or hate it, but it's what folk have died to protect.

(Before anyone gets carried away I'd just modify it slightly :mrgreen: )

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 pm

I've said it before but why don't we just let 'em go at each other? EDLoonies v Islamnutpots (with support from United Against Freedom) in a fight to the death. We could run a book.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:As a semi-related aside, I just got a "constituency newsletter" from Nick Griffin (which is more than I've got from Owen Coyle) as apparently I live in the North West constituency region.

Before hitting the "bin" button, I had a little look to see what he was waffling on about. All fairly nondescript until the bit about him wanting to reverse the smoking ban in pubs and cutting tax on alcohol.

I couldn't really be THAT fickle could I?
Griffin in trying to appeal to the lower class thickos shocker!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Well this lower class thicko kinda likes that idea.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Infact I'd even consider voting fooking Labour if they did it.