Hungerford Style Goings On In Cumbria

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:re. this whole shooting incident...

am I alone in being irritated by the way these things are reported nowadays? ............. at lunchtime today they introduced a psychiatrist with the words...

"nobody knows what motivated him to do this" but we have dial-a-psychiatrist here to speculate...

she then told us that we didn't really know anything

when asked how people would react - would they all need counselling? she said - some might, some might not.

when asked how children would react - she basically said they were all diferent and would react in different ways...

there's a total waste of 10mins airtime.
Some fckg bozo on BBC Morning News today was speculating that, as he'd heard the shooter had received A&E treatment for a bang on the head 3 (THREE) years ago his sudden out of character actions this week could be the result of a delayed reaction to that.

He then spent an age explaining that this was simply a possibiity, not that he had any evidence, nor knew any more facts, but that it could, possibly, just, maybe the reason.

Fck ... I'd have shot this time wasting tosspot if I'd had the opportunity.
today on Radio 4's flagship news programme - the World at One - they were mostly interviewing a crime writer about what she thought about it all....

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:37 pm

thebish wrote:
today on Radio 4's flagship news programme - the World at One - they were mostly interviewing a crime writer about what she thought about it all....
That would have been insightful.

Did the crimewriter think it was a Good Thing, or a Bad Thing?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm

After all the specultion, turns out the killer was deeply in debt to the taxman and was relying on his mother's inheritance to pull him out. When she left the bulk to his brother he flipped. Or so it is reported by...The Sun. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Puskas wrote:
thebish wrote:

she thought it would have been better had they invited a little irritating old lady to ferret about in a country house for a while and sip tea whilst peering over her glasses or earwigging on conversations at the next table... or a moustachioed Belgian...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 pm

thebish wrote:
Puskas wrote:
thebish wrote:

she thought it would have been better had they invited a little irritating old lady to ferret about in a country house for a while and sip tea whilst peering over her glasses or earwigging on conversations at the next table... or a moustachioed Belgian...
Wonderful - can we make it into a series? :twisted:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 am

At least now, we're getting to the root of objectivity from Murdoch's machine.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... 6115643595

Pictures of the card left by grieving relatives, up on the Sky website for all to see.

And some objectivity from Martin Brunt who's just taken the lead in the "I'm a cnut" stakes for me, as he rants about the non-communicative Cumbria police. Maybe all investigations should be carried out at a pace that suits Brunt's schedule.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime/P ... b83b95404e

Wankers.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:32 am

Worthy4England wrote:And some objectivity from Martin Brunt who's just taken the lead in the "I'm a cnut" stakes for me, as he rants about the non-communicative Cumbria police. Maybe all investigations should be carried out at a pace that suits Brunt's schedule.
I watched the Police press conference yesterday afternoon in which the copper giving it even corrected what we've been given to believe by the media as being order of the first two shootings.

How much information are shithouses like Sky News expecting the Police to dole out as they go about the investigation? Furthermore, what actual good can any of it do? What's been done has been done.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:And some objectivity from Martin Brunt who's just taken the lead in the "I'm a cnut" stakes for me, as he rants about the non-communicative Cumbria police. Maybe all investigations should be carried out at a pace that suits Brunt's schedule.
I watched the Police press conference yesterday afternoon in which the copper giving it even corrected what we've been given to believe by the media as being order of the first two shootings.

How much information are shithouses like Sky News expecting the Police to dole out as they go about the investigation? Furthermore, what actual good can any of it do? What's been done has been done.
Indeed, they seem to be getting more aggressive and worse as time goes on, beating the "we have a right to know everything" drum. And we need to know everything you know "NOW". It's in the public interest...

Tosspots.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Indeed, they seem to be getting more aggressive and worse as time goes on, beating the "we have a right to knoeverything" drum. And we need to know everything you know "NOW". It's in the public interest...

Tosspots.
Amazing. To my eye the cops have played a blinder in these very difficult circumstances and been as up-front as it's possible to be. The 'the public have a right to know' knobs piss me off. I feel an input into the 'Angry' thread coming on ... assuming that's moved from being the 'Politic' thread in disguise.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote: Tosspots.
Amazing. To my eye the cops have played a blinder in these very difficult circumstances and been as up-front as it's possible to be. The 'the public have a right to know' knobs piss me off. I feel an input into the 'Angry' thread coming on ... assuming that's moved from being the 'Politic' thread in disguise.[/quote]

The public rarely want to know half as much as the media seem to think we need to know. Translate it as "If we didn't tell you things, whether you want to know or not, we wouldn't sell newspapers or win air-time. Where would we all be then, jobless?"
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Aldridge Pryor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aldridge Pryor » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:46 am

that was a strange day, took a bullet myself actually but managed to dive down a pothole and escape. luckily i had nicked a sewing kit from the hotel so could patch myself up in the cave.