fox attack

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:19 pm

A badger?

Or THE badger?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:39 pm

:shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:19 pm

Tsk,

It was obviously the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog - pictured here in the wild...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... attack.jpg

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm

I used to live in East London in 2006-7, there were urban foxes everywhere. Their horrific screeching during mating was terrible during the night. It's true that they aren't scared of humans like nearly all other animals, they just stare you down.

Wonder what the relationship is between them and the millions of rats in London too, competing for the same rubbish etc.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Maybe their mum read them a chapter from Tango's Future of Britain as their bedtime read and they just that they might as well make an early start on the self-harming? C'est possible! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Is it possible that the children were left outside on the patio as it was a warm night and they were attacked there by the fox?

The parents, on hearing the screams, and fearing a Madeleine McCann style furore, transported the kids upstairs and then reported the attack.

Just a hypothesis, but just as feasible as a fox climbing two sets of stairs.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:14 am

Lots of conspiracy theories on this, but let's just put this on the bullshitometer.....

Has Max Clifford got involved yet?

If so, we know everything. Move along. please. Don't feed the troll.

If not, then let's just put it down to the fact that something, someone, was able to get into a child's bedroom, without forcible entry, while the parents were in the house. Which could - or could not be, I'm not going to give a view either way until the facts and evidence are put in a concrete way beyond all reasonable doubt - be the fault of the parents, for being blase about their childrens' security.

And that we'll never know, and therefore we should not speculate about it in any way, shape or form until the facts come to light. As we all know, talking about something without painstakingly making it obvious it is either opinion or a joke, is a dangerous thing.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:As we all know, talking about something without painstakingly making it obvious it is either opinion or a joke, is a dangerous thing.
Especially when we have not got the benefit of Sky's world experts, who have CLEARLY told us it was foxes after nappies, oh no it wasn't, oh yes it was.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Is it possible that the children were left outside on the patio as it was a warm night and they were attacked there by the fox?

The parents, on hearing the screams, and fearing a Madeleine McCann style furore, transported the kids upstairs and then reported the attack.

You really think that's what someone would do upon seeing their child mauled? "Gee, this'll look bad in the press. You carry them upstairs, and then we'll leave them bleeding there while we clean up all this blood". Really?

Again, simplest answer - usually the right one.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Raven wrote:No you are not alone at all, stinks to me. I find it hard to believe a fox entered a house let alone went upstairs and climbed into a cot (never knew canines could climb)
If you'd ever seen what a fox can do to caged hens in a battery you wouldn't.
Being a country boy I know full well what a fox can do and will do esp to a run full of chickens, still find it hard to believe it entered a house and went upstairs etc.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 pm

just to be clear - I am not saying it didn't happen as described - just that the story gives me pause for thought - perhaps unfairly, but it just doesn't sound quite right...

I am also intrigued that the news reports are still using phrases (both I have heard today) like:

"the two girls are making good progress after an apparent fox attack"

"the girls are now thought to be making good progress after an alleged fox attack"

if it is all so obvious and certain - why the equivocation?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:54 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it wa the normally placid and loved, family dog
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Simples, pay the drug gangs in London a bonus to shoot foxes instead of people! it may catch on.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:04 pm

boltonboris wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it wa the normally placid and loved, family dog
Aye the placid dog that was usually muzzled and kept away from small children and other animals.

Wouldn't harm a fly like!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Is it possible that the children were left outside on the patio as it was a warm night and they were attacked there by the fox?

You really think that's what someone would do upon seeing their child mauled? "Gee, this'll look bad in the press. You carry them upstairs, and then we'll leave them bleeding there while we clean up all this blood". Really?

Again, simplest answer - usually the right one.
Call me cynical but, yes, sadly I can see this happening which is why I posted the hypothoesis.

Maybe I've been watching too many NCIS/ CSI programmes.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Any hints of conspircy theories seem to act like flies/jampots syndromes to media. I really hope, for the parents' sakes this is just a simple "exception to the rule" on fox behaviour and happened as reported. Nothing can undo the event for the poor kids, but anything else is just unthinkably disgusting. Made me think of the dingo dogs case in Australia years back and the furore that caused.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Hobinho wrote:Simples, pay the drug gangs in London a bonus to shoot foxes instead of people! it may catch on.
So everyone would start smoking brush?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hobinho wrote:Simples, pay the drug gangs in London a bonus to shoot foxes instead of people! it may catch on.
So everyone would start smoking brush?
London gangs were shooting foxes years ago. :wink:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Be careful - Liam and his children (the twins Megan and Jamie) are all intending to sue over this.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"