feck off neville..

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

feck off neville..

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:23 pm

as if the town of Bolton wanted Neville peering down at it from the moors....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 409372.stm

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: feck off neville..

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:15 pm

thebish wrote:as if the town of Bolton wanted Neville peering down at it from the moors....

Though I agree, I'm afraid "laughing last & laughing loudest needs considering.
Officers from Bolton Council recommended its approval - subject to government backing - because of "its exceptionally high quality of design" and "sensitive relationship with the surrounding landscape".

However, planning committee members ignored the report's advice and voted 14-6 to refuse the application.
He will appeal to the national Government now & will win.

You know, for some reason, the idea of Gary Neville being under the ground quite appeals to me.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: feck off neville..

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:19 pm

thebish wrote:as if the town of Bolton wanted Neville peering down at it from the moors....

See - I'd allow it on the proviso he knocks down the moorside carbuncle from which he currently peers down at the people of Bolton from; Image

And builds it there instead.
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:31 pm

and so he should win. dont get me wrong, i despise the horrible little nice person as as much as much as the next scouser - but i really admire his house proposals, such innovative and sustainable design should be applauded and encouraged rather than condemned and refused.

FFS, you can hardly even see his existing house from any surrounding roads anyway, and from the glimpse you do get, it certainly dosen't look out of place despite all the grief that caused, now this new project will be even more inconspicuous as is under-friggin-ground!

if it wasn't Neville's house id be quite pissed off about this.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:40 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:and so he should win. dont get me wrong, i despise the horrible little tw*t as as much as much as the next scouser - but i really admire his house proposals, such innovative and sustainable design should be applauded and encouraged rather than condemned and refused.

FFS, you can hardly even see his existing house from any surrounding roads anyway, and from the glimpse you do get, it certainly dosen't look out of place despite all the grief that caused, now this new project will be even more inconspicuous as is under-friggin-ground!

but - it is - and, like on his other house - he will write MUFC across the moors in heather....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:57 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:FFS, you can hardly even see his existing house from any surrounding roads anyway,
No you can't, it the rest of the town that you can see it from and it's a fecking eyesore.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:and so he should win. dont get me wrong, i despise the horrible little tw*t as as much as much as the next scouser - but i really admire his house proposals, such innovative and sustainable design should be applauded and encouraged rather than condemned and refused.

Yes, you can. Yes it does.

It's just up the road from me and a pathway i used to take often, for a pint in affetside skirts it, and was rendered into a building site for over two years... one of the cottages in 'the grounds' was the nursery run by the wife of the dairy farmer whose land this once was, where my daughter went for a couple of happy years...

i hate it... and hate it more cos it's neville's...

iknow, i'm a NIMBY... :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 am

I loathe the shite hawk.
I don't like the fake design of this property.
I suspect it's motives and doubt he's being honest about it.
I fear that it'll be far more intrusive than the way he presents it.
I think the wind turbine will look monstrous.
I am concerned that, with the conurbations and 'brown field' opportunities people like him think they are above it & still seek greenfield sites.
Did I say I thought he was a shite hawk ?

But, the way the planning system is, he WILL win his appeal when he takes it to non-local review.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:21 am

I was drinking up in Affetside a couple of weeks ago with a mate of mine. They f*cking hate him up there, to a man. Good on 'em.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 am

bobo the clown wrote:I loathe the shite hawk.
I don't like the fake design of this property.
I suspect it's motives and doubt he's being honest about it.
I fear that it'll be far more intrusive than the way he presents it.
I think the wind turbine will look monstrous.
I am concerned that, with the conurbations and 'brown field' opportunities people like him think they are above it & still seek greenfield sites.
Did I say I thought he was a shite hawk ?

But, the way the planning system is, he WILL win his appeal when he takes it to non-local review.
Possibly, but it needs emphasising.

If I were you, I'd drop the "I thought" business and just go straight for "he is..." - it removes any elements of doubt. Your first sentence does it pefectly.

As for the obscene messages in heather that the bish is concerned with - can't someone dig up the offending plants, and rearrange them to spell "c*nt"?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 pm

All this is surey more about he applicant than the building (except for the Affetside folk who have my full sympathy.) Neville is such a detestable (and thoroughly miserable) xxhole that most people surely just don't want him and his Rag associations anywhere near Bolton. Isn't Alderly Edge big enough these days? Surely Manchester Council would happily let him build his futuristc Teletubby castle in the middle of Heaton Park or somewhere? I blame " Lord of the Manor" Cisse . :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Been speaking to a woman at work who lives up there, she's not against him or his house but the concern is over this big windmill and the noise it might generate.

Does say that she's had people knocking on door/pushing leaflets through every day arguing against it though.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I was drinking up in Affetside a couple of weeks ago with a mate of mine. They f*cking hate him up there, to a man. Good on 'em.
At the Pack Horse, obviously. Did you eat?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Nah. Eatins cheatin on a night out.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:23 pm

i live in totington, the pack horse at affetside is one of my locals, certainly a regular on afriday aft when its not raining. great boozer, never been spoilt by nevilles house

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm

I lived on Tottington Rd until about 6 months ago

You can see that house from the f**king moon, it's massive and stands looking down on the rest of Bolton, like it's big-nosed c**ty owner.

'FFS, you can hardly even see his existing house from any surrounding roads anyway,' :lol: :lol:
Troll and proud of it.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:16 pm

as wrote:I lived on Tottington Rd until about 6 months ago

You can see that house from the f**king moon, it's massive and stands looking down on the rest of Bolton, like it's big-nosed c**ty owner.

'FFS, you can hardly even see his existing house from any surrounding roads anyway,' :lol: :lol:
well i crane my neck every time im passing and have only ever caught the odd glimpse of the rooftop? Been to the pack horse for lunch today and made extra effort to spot the place, but still didnt? ive never driven up the lane tho, is that a private road now?

anyway, i like the flower house.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:

well i crane my neck every time im passing and have only ever caught the odd glimpse of the rooftop? Been to the pack horse for lunch today and made extra effort to spot the place, but still didnt? ive never driven up the lane tho, is that a private road now?

bloody ManU autograph hunters....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Why crane your neck when you can simply drive to anywhere else in Bolton and see the fecking monstrous apprehendage glaring down at you?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:45 am

I don't want to offend, obviously, but is it a while since the last eye test?