Do you live in the Netherlands??

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:Me neither. I used to fly into Valkenburg on occasion and the town had some good eateries but I wouldn't class the grub as anything spectacular.
There are two Valkenburgs in Holland. I think the one that you're on about is the same one that I stay in, in that sort of finger by Maastricht. Whenever I've been there it's always been one of those places where I've had to eat in the hotel due to the simple lack of any option.
No, Bruce. The air base I'm on about is in the North, near Katwijk and Rijnsburg. Well, it was; closed some years ago. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:58 am

sluffy wrote:
William the White wrote:
sluffy wrote:
William the White wrote:
sluffy wrote: Is that a good or a bad thing then?

At least we don't have the self-righteous seeking people to be banned after a few posts simply because they don't like their humour!
The signs of a sense of humour were? :roll:
So you want them banned simply because you don't like what they posted then?
Dutch Amos is a collective???
I would have thought someone who believes in the power of speech would be able to answer my question rather than try to avoid it because of my grammatical error.

You want Dutch Amos banned for what reason – because you simply don’t like what he posted?
Naah... because he's a wind-up waste of time...

seems I'm not alone on this preliminary assesment given the responses to 'him' wherever 'he' has posted...

if 'he' wanted to contribute to any of the discussions he'd be really welcome...

and so would you... :D

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:01 am

Worthy4England wrote:Maybe we should set an entrance exam...
Maybe you should but until then Dutch Amos has posted on a public forum, he has not been rude or abusive, as broken no rules and he can easily be ignored by those who are not interested in what he has to say - yet already people are seeking his banning – why?

If you did set an entrance exam - and they passed it, would you be happy if people still sought to ban those who said things they didn't like?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 am

sluffy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Maybe we should set an entrance exam...
Maybe you should but until then Dutch Amos has posted on a public forum, he has not been rude or abusive, as broken no rules and he can easily be ignored by those who are not interested in what he has to say - yet already people are seeking his banning – why?

If you did set an entrance exam - and they passed it, would you be happy if people still sought to ban those who said things they didn't like?
Get a grip Sluffster. It was a joke.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:16 am

Puskas wrote:Really?

I was once taught some Dutch swearing. I can't remember it fully, but it's something along the lines of "neuk de schedel van jezus"

I'm sure a more fluent Netherlander can correct it.
"Ach man, rot toch op". Can't say I ever learned to swear in anything but English. "Neuk de schedel van jezus" is "F*ck the skull of Jesus". I think "F*ck off" is similar, "F*ck op" but the simple word "F*ck" is "Neuken", though again I can't say I am familiar with it as a swear word. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 am

William the White wrote: Naah... because he's a wind-up waste of time...

seems I'm not alone on this preliminary assesment given the responses to 'him' wherever 'he' has posted...

if 'he' wanted to contribute to any of the discussions he'd be really welcome...

Thank you.

Yes, I've not doubt they are a wind up - the joke is aimed more for those who follow Burnden Aces - but that shouldn't mean people seeking an automatic ban for them surely?

I am a regular reader of this site but as you probably know I'm a mod over on BA (and also I have not always been Mr Popular on here myself in the past), which limits how much I do post on here.

I've no doubt that the WUM will fade away in a day or two when the joke runs thin.

Until then how about trying to be more patient with them - you never know you might actually see the funny side one day as they can truly be funny at times!

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 am

Christ! While I was away trying to find out about F*ck Off, the world seems to have imploded 8)

Now that is hilarious! :mrgreen:

Aldridge Pryor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aldridge Pryor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 am

I do.

Aldridge Pryor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aldridge Pryor » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 am

I do

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:28 pm

sluffy wrote:
William the White wrote: Naah... because he's a wind-up waste of time...

Thank you.

Yes, I've not doubt they are a wind up - the joke is aimed more for those who follow Burnden Aces - but that shouldn't mean people seeking an automatic ban for them surely?

I am a regular reader of this site but as you probably know I'm a mod over on BA (and also I have not always been Mr Popular on here myself in the past), which limits how much I do post on here.

I've no doubt that the WUM will fade away in a day or two when the joke runs thin.

Until then how about trying to be more patient with them - you never know you might actually see the funny side one day as they can truly be funny at times!
OK - will look forward to the funny one. I'm very fond of laughter.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:41 pm

So, a Mod on Burnden Aces but not on here?

Just wanted that clear in my head.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:So, a Mod on Burnden Aces but not on here?

Nope. On here he's a ROCKER, baby! :oyea:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Nope. On here he's a ROCKER, baby! :oyea:
On the tree top,
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm

I was a mod on here for a brief time - but have not been for while time now.

Clearly the poster Dutch Amos is connected to the Burnden Aces site and was (is?) posting here for a laugh to amuse those in on the joke back on BA but even so I did not think their behaviour was outrageous enough to warrant calls for an instant banning.

I certainly would not encourage any of our BA members to disrupt any of our fellow BWFC sites but it was done in fun and certainly not maliciously and I'm sure no harm was meant.

Think we can all shake hands and move on now.
Last edited by sluffy on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:40 pm

sluffy wrote:

Clearly the poster Dutch Amos is connected to the Burnden Aces site and was (is?) posting here for a laugh to amuse those in on the joke back on BA but even so I did think their behaviour was outrageous enough to warrant calls for an instant banning.
I certainly would not encourage any of our BA members to disrupt any of our fellow BWFC sites but it was done in fun and certainly not maliciously and I'm sure no harm was meant.

So you agree, then? :conf:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Isn't BA the site that keeps Natasha away?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 pm

sluffy wrote:

Clearly the poster Dutch Amos is connected to the Burnden Aces site and was (is?) posting here for a laugh to amuse those in on the joke back on BA but even so I did think their behaviour was outrageous enough to warrant calls for an instant banning.

To amuse those in on the joke back at BA. ?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

On a lighter note...who remembers that interview STeve McLaren did for Dutch TV a couple of years ago when he was first made manager of that Dutch team. ?

He spoke in Enlgish but with a dutch accent, like the English policeman out of Allo Allo used to do with his french accent.

Crngeworthy.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
sluffy wrote:

So you agree, then? :conf:
Sorry, I missed a word out – which I have now amended.

If I had thought he should have been banned I would obviously not have spent my time arguing for them not to be.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 pm

seanworth wrote:Isn't BA the site that keeps Natasha away?
Think her banning from here is the thing that keeps her away really but yes you will find Natasha over on BA if you are missing her at all.