Moat Manhunt

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Moat Manhunt

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 pm

One dead, two shot, hostages found then arrested as accomplices and now they've locked down pretty much a whole town.

Thoughts on this story?

Cheese
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cheese » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:41 pm

:zzz:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm

I can confirm that I've not seen him, although there have been some hilarious over-reactions in the region recently (people being arrested just for looking like him, coppers swooping on a job centre and a supermarket en-mass at reported sightings, etc).

Sounds like a bit of a nutter, all in all.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 pm

a bit like the last mad nutter gunman..

when did it become the case that the police have to keep up a running commentary to the press about exactly what they are doing all day??

I heard a news-conference this morning at which the police had to sit for half an hour and be grilled by the press when (as they repeatedly said) they were really needed back in the control room....

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:34 pm

he's gonna be the newest "an hero".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:23 pm

blurred wrote:I can confirm that I've not seen him, although there have been some hilarious over-reactions in the region recently (people being arrested just for looking like him, coppers swooping on a job centre and a supermarket en-mass at reported sightings, etc).

Sounds like a bit of a nutter, all in all.
The job centre thing was just a bit of opportunism.

The fuzz are in a classic no-win. If they over-react they get criticised ... if they take a more low-key approach and the guy kills someone else they'll be pillioried.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Dead man walking that fella! and TBH it won't be a minute to soon. I seriously hope to hell they want him to wave a gun when cornered I don't fancy wasting my hard earned pening him up for a long stretch, mind you a long stretch of his fat neck may be no bad thing!!!
Come on you human rights luvies defend this one.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:11 pm

He's misunderstood

Clearly

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:He's misunderstood

Clearly
Maybe they'll misunderstand that he's trying to shoot them too, and blow his head off.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Hobinho wrote:Dead man walking that fella! and TBH it won't be a minute to soon. I seriously hope to hell they want him to wave a gun when cornered I don't fancy wasting my hard earned pening him up for a long stretch, mind you a long stretch of his fat neck may be no bad thing!!!

ok hoboh - but first you have a go at defending the hanging of Derek Bentley, Timothy Evans and Mahood Mattan... if you convince me - then I'll take on this fellah....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:37 pm

thebish wrote:
Hobinho wrote:Dead man walking that fella! and TBH it won't be a minute to soon. I seriously hope to hell they want him to wave a gun when cornered I don't fancy wasting my hard earned pening him up for a long stretch, mind you a long stretch of his fat neck may be no bad thing!!!

ok hoboh - but first you have a go at defending the hanging of Derek Bentley, Timothy Evans and Mahood Mattan... if you convince me - then I'll take on this fellah....
Are you suggesting that this person may not have shot and killed someone?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

no - not at all. where did you get that idea?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Oooh, I'll bite. Are you saying you know for definite that he has?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

Well, you seem to be confusing miscarriage of justice, with someone who has fairly clearly shot and killed someone.

I'd be delighted if I didn't have to cough up for his incarceration.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Oooh, I'll bite. Are you saying you know for definite that he has?
I'll risk it.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:48 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Well, lets get him arrested ... put under constant guard, given access to legal aid, lawyers, barristers and shrinks. Have them recommend that he's of disturbed mind and have reports suggest he's been under terrible stress and was maltreated as a child ... then have some soft arsed jury feel a bit sorry for him & decide that whatever he actually did it doesnt warrant jail & decide that, however 'guilty' he is they don't want to find him so & he gets off.

Surely the green MP for Brighton will applaud this.

Then he can sue the police, prison service & social workers, plus sell his story to the Sun & make a few hundred thousand before he goes off the rails & does it all over again.

.... or we can hope he has his current wish fulfilled & he had his head blown off.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Aldridge Pryor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aldridge Pryor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am

He is hiding in my shed.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:19 am

so hes declared war on the Police? i hope he goes after U2 next, then Robbie Williams.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:so hes declared war on the Police? i hope he goes after U2 next, then Robbie Williams.
Wicked!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:57 pm

In all the bickering between the usual suspects - bedwetting liberal hand wringers who want to see paedophiles given government grants and decent right-thinking folk who want the state to be able to torture to death whoever they damn well please, the point is being missed. There was a very definite question. I quote:
One dead, two shot, hostages found then arrested as accomplices and now they've locked down pretty much a whole town.

Thoughts on this story?
Well, my thoughts are that it's very good. Very good indeed.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"