Miniority destroying Northern Ireland

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Miniority destroying Northern Ireland

Post by Relentless09 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Over the 12th of July there has been major rioting and attacks from Catholics, the one's taking apart are scum and it's disgusting that children from the age of 10 upwards were being used as shields to stop police using heavy force

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10614147

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10624559

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10594614

there's many more

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Oh fcuk

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 pm

What are you moaning about?

I, for one, am happy to see a nice discussion about a simple topic that we can all agree on, with none of the usual acrimony.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Puskas wrote:What are you moaning about?

I, for one, am happy to see a nice discussion about a simple topic that we can all agree on, with none of the usual acrimony.
which is the least controversial topic..

1. banning burqas
2. kevin davies
3. gary megson
4. dogs are better than cats
5. badgers are rubbish
6. can you teach someone to take a corner

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:17 pm

thebish wrote:
Puskas wrote:What are you moaning about?

which is the least controversial topic..

1. banning burqas
2. kevin davies
3. gary megson
4. dogs are better than cats
5. badgers are rubbish
6. can you teach someone to take a corner
2. Kevin Davies is uncontroversial as everyone knows he's a lazy, good for nothing stump.
3. Gary Megson is uncontroversial as he's not very good.
4. This is clearly uncontroversial as everyone knows it's stupid, and dogs are not better than cats.
5. See 4.
6. No, I can't. This is uncontroversial. Others might be able to, though.

So only (1) is controversial.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Do any of these people actually bother with religion? Or do they just like a ruck? They always say it's Catholics v Protestants, but in reality it just looks like wankers v dickheads.

All wearing hoodies too.. Ban them
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Just peaceful negotiators protesting a cause? Or maybe just bunch of teenage nutters engaged in mindless violence, most without a clue what it's all about and conditioned to hate almost from birth?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:56 am

I blame the social workers ....oh, and the Police.

I blame social workers and the Police .... and the Catholic Church.

I blame social workers, the Police and the Catholic Church .... oh, and the appeasing Republic of Ireland Government.

I blame social workers, the Police, the Catholic Church and the appeasing Republic of Ireland Government .... oh, oh, oh .... as well as the US who encouraged the myth behind all this ...........

Right ................. Amongst those I blame are ..................... oh, bllx, it's all Megson's fault anyway.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:20 am

I read in the Sun that the UN is usnig history to criticise the pope. Wake up people! chop their hand's off, see how they like it. Is it a tune too familiar from our media?!??

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:They always say it's Catholics v Protestants, but in reality it just looks like wankers v dickheads.
Struggling to see the difference in those two...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:24 pm

blurred wrote:
boltonboris wrote:They always say it's Catholics v Protestants, but in reality it just looks like wankers v dickheads.
which two?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 pm

blurred wrote:
Religion, in the strict sense, doesn't come into it except as an excuse. The hatred's inherited from generation to generation. The Orange marches are a real red-rag to a bull for the Catholics, celebrating something from the mists of time that has no relevance today, and everybody knows what's going to happen in advance every year. Let them go on and the Catholics go mad, cancel them and the Protestants kick off. Great idea to institute peace, celebrating a battle.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 pm

I don't like the Orange Marches. It does seem entirely provocative. However, I have read extensively on this site that we live in a democratic society and people have the right to express their views and beliefs under this system. Is this not a similair case?

I don't think there is a decent, all encompassing remedy to this. We may just have to accept the fact that this is what happens in parts of Northern Ireland at this time of year. Like the Rose of Tralee festival. :|

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I don't like the Orange Marches. It does seem entirely provocative. However, I have read extensively on this site that we live in a democratic society and people have the right to express their views and beliefs under this system. Is this not a similair case?

I don't think there is a decent, all encompassing remedy to this. We may just have to accept the fact that this is what happens in parts of Northern Ireland at this time of year. Like the Rose of Tralee festival. :|
Which is as much like the Orange Marches as Swan Lake is to the Cornish Floral Dance. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I don't like the Orange Marches. It does seem entirely provocative. However, I have read extensively on this site that we live in a democratic society and people have the right to express their views and beliefs under this system. Is this not a similair case?

I'm not sure the problem is the celebration - whether it be of a battle or not - but the provocative routing of the marches through "catholic areas". I suspect quite a lot of the trouble could be avoided with a sensible approach to routing. The main Belfast parade, for instance, need not blast its way through the Lower Ormeau district, nor does the Portadown orange parade to Drumcree church NEED to go down the Garvaghy road.

but I won't be holding my breath.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
blurred wrote:
Religion, in the strict sense, doesn't come into it except as an excuse. The hatred's inherited from generation to generation. The Orange marches are a real red-rag to a bull for the Catholics, celebrating something from the mists of time that has no relevance today, and everybody knows what's going to happen in advance every year. Let them go on and the Catholics go mad, cancel them and the Protestants kick off. Great idea to institute peace, celebrating a battle.
Hmmmmm..... :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:33 pm

thebish wrote:

I'm not sure the problem is the celebration - whether it be of a battle or not - but the provocative routing of the marches through "catholic areas". I suspect quite a lot of the trouble could be avoided with a sensible approach to routing. The main Belfast parade, for instance, need not blast its way through the Lower Ormeau district, nor does the Portadown orange parade to Drumcree church NEED to go down the Garvaghy road.

But the marching routes are traditional.

As traditional as the sash windows my father used to install for people.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Puskas wrote:
thebish wrote:

It's Windows 7 now, Puskas....

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:47 pm

thebish wrote:
Puskas wrote:
thebish wrote:

It's Windows 7 now, Puskas....
My father never installed that. He was more of a linux man. Red [bowler] hat.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
blurred wrote:
Hmmmmm..... :D
Traditions will always prevail Pru, it's human nature. With the Irish problem (and much as I'm reluctant to be seen agreeing with The Bish) it's the locations that are the main provocation. A bunch of Americans wouldn't march across Trafalgar Square celebrating a victory against the British, or a bunch of British sailors stomp through Cadiz celebrating the Armada.

Yes, it's all a bit chest-thumping, but the battles happened, and usually for reasons, and your countrymen died for their country. The Orange route is insensitive and provocative to say the least in its persistence of diection. Years ago these processions took place in Manchester and were never quite in the "celebration" class, more the provocation one. Leave the marches, change the routes and nobody gets hurt. But that's too easy...