What Has Cheered You Up Today?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

What Has Cheered You Up Today?

Post by clapton is god » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm

The Ying to the Angry threads Yang! Or summat.

Finally, finally, the main VW dealership I paid £13,000 for a Golf TDi last November has admitted they sold me a car that they can't repair and is dangerous. The car has been in no less than eight times for warranty repairs including a full week last week and they are unable to find the source of the persistant recurring fault. They have today agreed to find me a car equivalent to the one I bought and do a direct swap for me.

About flaming time too but that's cheered me up no end!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Decent service.......eventually.

I was cheered up Sat, I got a new car, don't laugh I've gone and got a Toyota Prius, got a lot more than others offered too for my Focus, here's to silly MPG and 10 quid a year road tax!
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, today I had a meeting in Bangor ... the bigger one, bear Anglesey. I decided to amble back & came through Abergele (small, but q.pleasant) then fixed caravan land at Towyn & Kinmel Bay until entering Rhyl. What an absolute shit-heap.

This was in the rain, with derelict buildings and truly unpleasant 'entertainment' areas. The centre was horrific and got worse when I did a couple of side roads.

I realised that the poor bastards walking around, pushing prams, huddling in kagools were either residents ... God help them ... or holidaymakers. You cannot imagine the despair.

I was at least cheered up that this wasn't my holiday and that I had so much to feel blessed about.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Hearing the new manics single has made my day! :)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:59 pm

i found a nice photo of my baby daughter (8 months now!) in my lunch, with the message "Love you lots & lots daddy, see you on friday when i wake up" which was nice of wor lass.

I was up at 4.30am this morning to drive to Bristol (in the pouring rain) dreading the week at work and being away from home, after my nice 3 day weekend with the girls; so im always a right miserable bastard on Monday - this cheered me up immensely. soft arse!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:i found a nice photo of my baby daughter (8 months now!) in my lunch, with the message "Love you lots & lots daddy, see you on friday when i wake up" which was nice of wor lass.

I was up at 4.30am this morning to drive to Bristol (in the pouring rain) dreading the week at work and being away from home, after my nice 3 day weekend with the girls; so im always a right miserable bastard on Monday - this cheered me up immensely. soft arse!
She's pretty advanced for 8 months, being able to write all that. :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Also, an embarrassing tale from this morning that didn’t help my mood but might cheer some of you up.

When I arrive in Bristol on Monday morning, I go to the house first, dump the car, drop my stuff off & freshen up a bit. Its normally after 9 when I get there so everyone is out.

I had called for a McDonalds breakfast this morning, and by the time I landed I was fighting back the turtles head. Anyway I managed to burst through the door and leg it up to the bog without any accidents. Phew.

The trouble was, due to the nutritional value of my sausage & egg mcmuffin, I was really struggling to draw an ace and running out of paper fast.

Imagine the look on the landlady’s face when she breezed into the bathroom to find me, pants round ankles with my arse hanging over the side of the bath treating myself to a hot jet wash with the shower head!!! :shock:

fortunately she has gone away for a few days now so wont have to see her tonight, otherwise I reckon id be doing some serious overtime! :oops:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:06 pm

One day closer to Benidorm next Thursday.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ghost of Burnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Ghost of Burnden » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Catching the tram and then train home after leaving the office at 415pm!

Been too busy :-(

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:47 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/52204
According to the band's management the quartet tried to continue but such was the ferocity and direction of the bird excrement that after three songs the group felt they could only call it a night and retreat.
That cheered me up too!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 pm

I woke up to a view of Loch Lomond. Was pretty cool. Settled me right down has a nice trip up there, brill

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:One day closer to Benidorm next Thursday.
Oh, are you on a coach holiday?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Made me smile, Bruce. :mrgreen:

Enjoying my France holiday immensely!

Went to Carcassonne today which is a spectacular place to visit. The ONLY downside was how commercial it was. The entire place is full of trinket shops and cafes/ restaurants. Still, it was free.

Off to the beach at Leucate tomorrow. 30 degrees predicted. I'll be like a berry soon. :wink:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
You know we really do need a swivle smilie.

Never mind!

:fingers:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Went to Carcassonne today which is a spectacular place to visit.
This has cheered me up no end, as you've reminded me I'll be there in 4 weeks. :pissed:

(little tip, mind, you'll find it a task to find anywhere in France not packed with restaurants and stuff :twisted: )
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Went to Carcassonne today which is a spectacular place to visit. The ONLY downside was how commercial it was. The entire place is full of trinket shops and cafes/ restaurants. Still, it was free.
Have they found the Templars' treasure yet? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Have they found the Templars' treasure yet? :wink:
Probably hidden under the bottles and card and detritus of the 21st siecle.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

This has cheered me up no end, as you've reminded me I'll be there in 4 weeks. :pissed:

(little tip, mind, you'll find it a task to find anywhere in France not packed with restaurants and stuff :twisted: )
Well quite, but the concentration inside the walled city made it more of a theme park than a monument to medieval life and the culture of the Cathars. Anyway, off to the beach now. Toodles!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Went to Carcassonne today which is a spectacular place to visit. The ONLY downside was how commercial it was. The entire place is full of trinket shops and cafes/ restaurants.
We tried to go to a restaurant there but it was closed for lunch. The French, eh? The comedy gift that keeps giving.

What's cheered me up today? Autosave on a treMENDously dull Excel spreadsheet that crashed after I'd spent 40 minutes filling it in. (Yes, I know I should have saved manually.)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Well quite, but the concentration inside the walled city made it more of a theme park than a monument to medieval life and the culture of the Cathars. Anyway, off to the beach now. Toodles!
Ah. The walled city was built in the 1830's as a representation of what it might have looked like in the middle ages. Ergo, it was built as a theme park/tourist trap.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.