So What did You Do With Your Bank Holiday Monday?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

So What did You Do With Your Bank Holiday Monday?

Post by clapton is god » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:27 pm

I desperately needed some exercise today and in view of the weather forecast took myself off to the Lakes for a walk. This is something I do regularly and have been doing for many years but I usually avoid Bank Holidays like the plague and go mid-week. Today I set off at 6.30 to avoid the traffic and was on the hill by 8.15am.

I parked near the church at Troutbeck and aimed up Nanny Lane onto the fells. First stop was an outlier, Baystones, then onto the ridge at Wansfell. You are staring at grass for a long time on this walk as you toil uphill but there comes a moment when you crest the ridge that makes it all worthwhile when all of southern Lakeland is suddenly revealed between one step and the next. Beautiful!

I continued along the ridge to Wansfell Pike where the full length of Windermere is laid out beneath you. I sat down there for half an hour whilst I had a butty and a drink then made my way back down for a quick stop at Mortal Man.

Laughed at all the traffic heading north as I was coming back south and home again for 2pm.

Excellent!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Went on a big cock off bike ride round edgeworth, turton, entwistle, holcombe moors and redisher woods. Was home before she was even dressed. Then I watched an ep of entourage while I ate dinner. Then washed my bike, cleaned the fish tank, went to tesco to get summat for us tea. Sat having a beer now and it's only half three. I love not feeling rough.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Mrs is at work so took the opportunity to play some 'box, and then went for a punishing run up Foxholes in Horwich. On my life is that not a way to spend a day off work. Calves fecking killing me after that. Banging, Great North Run in couple of weekends now

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Can't wait till mine feck* off back to work so I can get some 'box time!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

No Bank Holiday here in Montreal. But next Monday is Labour Day so I have a day off to look forward to.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Spent 6 1/2 hours on the motorway..

Jolls tommorrow though, so that'll be like a week of bank holidays. Look for the positives.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 pm

went out with the kids to Romford for lunch at Nandos - and then to watch "Scott Pilgrim" - great day out - laughed all day - I love having kids who are now old enough to hold an adult conversation and have developed wit and banter enough to make me genuinely laugh...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 pm

This adult conversation. Who do they have it with?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:This adult conversation. Who do they have it with?
each other! I just listen in! :wink:

you smell!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Quick blast around Forty Hall on my bike first thing (no running as I have a torn Soleus. Don't ask) Then off to Mountfitchet Castle for a bit of 'Motte and Baillie' and home to watch Superman. Roast dinner and am about to crack open a bottle of Pinot grigio. Not a bad day in all.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

No Bank Holiday in Edimburgo. Went to work with a banging headache, pissed about for a few hours, then walked home. The usual dross. Shame then that the sun had come out to play for the first time in about two months.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Still recovering from food poisoning :(

Wrong week to take as hols :(
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Had a walk round Manchester in my shorts, was given a load of mis-information by some clueless individual in the adidas shop about some new trainers Im after, then came home and found out its electricity bill, tv licence, water bill and council tax payment month which made me feel sick - then went for tea at Nando's with my girlfriend.

Now we're watching some documentary on bbc4 about a so called "youtube hero", who to me just seems like some old bloke who likes swearing a lot! Return to gym tomorrow after 4 days of occasional drinking but very frequent eating, its going to be tough.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 am

Went for a drive round Cheshire. Stapley Water Gardens (terrible) followed by Quarry Bank Mill in Styal. Not scintillating, but a long weekend at Moseley Folk Festival to look forward to.

The Ghost of Burnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Ghost of Burnden » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 am

No Bank Holiday here in The Netherlands so I just went to work as normal :-(

Next Bank Holiday is sometime next year as Christmas and Boxing Day and New Years Day are all on weekends, the next working days are NOT taken off :-(

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:44 pm

The Ghost of Burnden wrote:No Bank Holiday here in The Netherlands so I just went to work as normal :-(

Next Bank Holiday is sometime next year as Christmas and Boxing Day and New Years Day are all on weekends, the next working days are NOT taken off :-(
Not exactly a Dutch Treat. Here we do have Labour Day (September) and Thanksgiving (October) - both always on Monday. Plus any statutory holiday that does fall on a weekend automatically means a weekday off (also by statute).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Went to Forby Point with my wife and kids. Spent the day on the beach and was then dropped off at Dunscar Golf Club for the last day of a 4 day beer festival. £1 a pint.

Doesn't get much better for me.