The Stig

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:47 pm

I don't care.

Does that count as a hat-trick and can I keep the thread?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I don't care.

Does that count as a hat-trick and can I keep the thread?

I put it to you that you ARE the Stig desperately trying to sound like you're not!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 pm

I'll see this imposter in court and claim the money from the publishers. So long suckers, I'm off to live on my own Carribean island....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:19 pm

I hate Top Gear.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 am

General Mannerheim wrote:I hate Top Gear.
That'll be because you're a woman.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:20 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
:lmfao:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:28 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
maybe, or maybe because its the television equivalent of dogshit.

I cant believe people buy that obviously scripted and poorly rehearsed 'banter' or those completely contrived 'races' where they are always neck & neck to the finish, and despite one being in a Bugatti and the others a plane, the film crew always manage to keep up with them, and the way they act surprised when they discover their quests in an envelope at the start! also that irritating 'some say he eats broken glass for breakfast' introduction to the stig... plus they are 3 of the most up their own arse bumsuckers on tv! i quite like the celebrity lap bit tho.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am

Top Gear is just a bit of boyish fun.
You either love it or hate it, but I do think the guy who "was" The Stig has rather shot himself in the foot.
As has been said previously, he knew the score when he signed up for the part, so can have no complaints now that he will be sacked probably for breach of contract.
I personally like the program, not because of the cars, but just to see the interaction between the presenters, which on occasion can be quite funny.
Lets face it the majority of programs on the box these days are $h**e, so you just have to pick the ones that you like to sit and watch. (which in my case aint many)
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:01 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

I cant believe people buy that obviously scripted and poorly rehearsed 'banter' or those completely contrived 'races' where they are always neck & neck to the finish, and despite one being in a Bugatti and the others a plane, the film crew always manage to keep up with them, and the way they act surprised when they discover their quests in an envelope at the start! also that irritating 'some say he eats broken glass for breakfast' introduction to the stig... plus they are 3 of the most up their own arse bumsuckers on tv! i quite like the celebrity lap bit tho.
It's the flippant attitude towards speeding and sneering at perfectly reasonable motoring laws that put me off the programme.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:32 am

ratbert wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

It's the flippant attitude towards speeding and sneering at perfectly reasonable motoring laws that put me off the programme.
It's everything the General said that does it for me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

The Ghost of Burnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Ghost of Burnden » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Top Gear is an entertainment programme.

As someone has already said, you either like it or you hate it - just like marmite!

I enjoy it, it is good fun on a Sunday evening which is normally filled with awful dramas (Heartbeat etc) or shows like The Antique's Roadshow and others of the same ilk.

I don't take it serious - how can you, especially with Jeremy Clarkson! But I must admit that when they did the roadshow earlier in the year (went to the one at the RAI exhibition centre) that was amazing to watch - again it is just purely entertainment.

I would put Top Gear in the same bracket as WWF/WWE as in its purile fun only.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:10 pm

The Ghost of Burnden wrote:Top Gear is an entertainment programme.

As someone has already said, you either like it or you hate it - just like marmite!

I enjoy it, it is good fun on a Sunday evening which is normally filled with awful dramas (Heartbeat etc) or shows like The Antique's Roadshow and others of the same ilk.
you're fairly new on here - so I'll let it go just this once...

but - I warn you - don't diss the Antiques Roadshow!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 pm

The Ghost of Burnden wrote: I would put Top Gear in the same bracket as WWF/WWE as in its purile fun only.
Indeed, and similarly had the identity of some hitherto unknown wrestler been revealed, I wouldn't expect that to show up as an item on the Six O'Clock News either. Which only leads me to conclude that some people actually have this nonsense down as serious business. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

As far as I can see, surely he has the right to say 'I am the Stig', and surely then the BBC have the right to sack him, and possibly seek damages. Isn't that what is happening? That's ignoring the fact that it's a question of who a bloke in a white suit who drives cars on the tellybox is. It's up there with waterskiing budgies as 'news'. Especially when it was public knowledge anyway!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 pm

there are water-skiing budgies?????

where?? that's News - I want one!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:35 pm

thebish wrote:there are water-skiing budgies?????

where?? that's News - I want one!
http://wiki.unknowableroom.org/Bungy_the_Budgie
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

The Ghost of Burnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Ghost of Burnden » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:41 pm

thebish wrote:
The Ghost of Burnden wrote:Top Gear is an entertainment programme.

you're fairly new on here - so I'll let it go just this once...

but - I warn you - don't diss the Antiques Roadshow!

I didn't actually mean to diss it - as in the same bracket as some of the Sunday evening drama's. But, it is not my cup of tea.

In fact I actually enjoy watching Coast and Secret Britain - now they are a complete joy!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 am

CrazyHorse wrote:

Clarkson for England!!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:35 am

CrazyHorse wrote:

It's wank.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:01 am

East Lower wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

It's wank.
so... you must have watched it then - answering your own question...