Missing Person

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Missing Person

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:01 am

This sort of thing kindda puts your problems into perspective, you see this kind of thing on the news all the time but its never somebody you know – a girl from my work has gone missing, just days before Christmas too!... we got this email yesterday;
All,

Most of you have probably heard by now that Jo Yeates has been reported as missing. The last time she was seen was on Friday night; she made it home but was not there when Greg returned home from a weekend away late last night. Her belongings however were there including her house key, mobile phone and purse.

Although there is little we can do apart from help the police we can send the police missing person link below to people we know in Bristol.

Please forward on to help find Jo.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/Lo ... &t=1&lid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in the meantime Darragh will be our contact to Greg until Wednesday and then I will be the contact.

Mel & Darragh
It is really bizarre, she came to the pub after work on Friday, left at around 8pm and that’s the last anyone has seen of her. Unfortunately there is still no word today either. The police were going to update and notify her family with the next plan of action. It was even on Points West (like NW tonight) last night too apparently!... horrible.

I know we have a few Bristol based members so thought itd be worth a shot posting the link…

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Missing Person

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:59 am

Fingers crossed that everything is ok.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm

has now made national media...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12050514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 am

it is now on the national news and on the front pages of the papers! almost a week now since anyone saw her. there isnt much christmas cheer in our office this year...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -gone.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 am

Such a bizarre story. Hope everything works out okay.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:02 am

I saw this on BBC news last night, such a bizarre story I hope for all concerned that it ends happily. Cant imagine what her family are going through

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am

her boyfriend, Greg works here too. such a nice bloke. alot of people i have spoken to about it all reckon he is a suspect. i would be astounded if that turns out to be true.

the time of year just makes it worse - the family will never be able to properly enjoy christmas again!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 am

General Mannerheim wrote:her boyfriend, Greg works here too. such a nice bloke. alot of people i have spoken to about it all reckon he is a suspect. i would be astounded if that turns out to be true.

the time of year just makes it worse - the family will never be able to properly enjoy christmas again!
He'll be a suspect until someone else comes into the frame. Standard procedure.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:her boyfriend, Greg works here too. such a nice bloke. alot of people i have spoken to about it all reckon he is a suspect. i would be astounded if that turns out to be true.

He'll be a suspect until someone else comes into the frame. Standard procedure.
I'm sure the fact he was up with family in Yorkshire as it said on the news should count that possibility out - he seemed genuinely devastated at the press conference.

Has the media been sniffing round your office looking for interviews with staff General?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:07 am

yep, weve had the paps round. we have all been told to say nowt. the Gaffer released an official statement.

The mysterry surrounding the case make you think someone close must know whats gone on. strange that she was last heard of on friday but the alarm wasnt raised till sunday night/monday morning. the fact that her shopping and personal belongings; phone, purse, keys, coat, passport are all at the flat. but there was no forced entry? if she was followed how did they know she would be home alone?.. so many questions!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am

5 Live are now majoring on it. Interviewing colleagues etc.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:20 am

General Mannerheim wrote:yep, weve had the paps round. we have all been told to say nowt. the Gaffer released an official statement.

The mysterry surrounding the case make you think someone close must know whats gone on. strange that she was last heard of on friday but the alarm wasnt raised till sunday night/monday morning. the fact that her shopping and personal belongings; phone, purse, keys, coat, passport are all at the flat. but there was no forced entry? if she was followed how did they know she would be home alone?.. so many questions!
Since you work there and know her general, I'd heed the boss's warning and not even pass any opinions or comments on here. Just my view.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 am

yeah, ive probably said enough. Tis doin my head in tho!

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Was strangled to death. Real sad. Condolences to her family...
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:48 am

Very sad indeed. Condolences to all.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 am

Bloke here knows that Greg chap too, skiing buddy apparently - so many lives destroyed by this.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Sad very Sad and because its personally close to some on this site I'll refrain from what I'd like to happen to the purportratior of this case

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:46 pm

I hear that they're questioning her landlord.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I hear that they're questioning her landlord.
More than questioning him - they seem to have arrested him.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:31 am

He looks the type