Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:07 pm

Will be happy at 2, when I'm done with work......but only until the 28th.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:12 pm

My daughter has been shortlisted to model for a baby clothing company :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:My daughter has been shortlisted to model for a baby clothing company :)
congratulations! (the one she's too old for?)

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:26 am

So it is that jealousy between twins begins to fester. Poor Jack. :whack:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:53 am

Dujon wrote:So it is that jealousy between twins begins to fester. Poor Jack. :whack:
Couldn't enter Jack, they have to fit into size 9-12 month clothes still, and he's a bit of a buster and doesn't! Anyway, is just a bit of fun to win a voucher, onto more important things to be happy about, my 1 month old nephew is stable enough in intensive care that my sister and her husband feel ok enough to leave him for a bit and spend some of Christmas Eve and day with their older 2 kids who have missed them terribly whilst they have been in London by his bedside the past 3 weeks.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:51 pm

<sotto voce (as in David whatshisname)> Now watch as the mother, like mothers of most land animals, prowls her territory with her cubs at her side and, at the slightest provocation, or even perceived danger, will move into a defensive attitude. This is generally termed 'the maternal' instinct and is probably the strongest link in the survival of a species. It is said that even the Gooner Bird exhibits this trait.</sotto voce>

Have fun, GG. All the best to your sister and her family; it must have been a pretty tough time. Merry Christmas.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:08 am

Beat my friend at Wii Fit Plus Juggling even though he juggles in real life!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Today I am bloody ecstatic that for the first time in 18 months, I have been able to get behind the wheel of my car and drive the bloody thing. Bloody epilepsy. :evil:

I have been fortunate enough to have been ferried around by all and sundry over this period, including on occasion, our very own Bijou Bob, cheers mate! There was a little nervousness before setting off this morning, but once I turned out of the end of the street it was if i'd never stopped driving. Bloody brilliant!!!! 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Today I am bloody ecstatic that for the first time in 18 months, I have been able to get behind the wheel of my car and drive the bloody thing. Bloody epilepsy. :evil:

I have been fortunate enough to have been ferried around by all and sundry over this period, including on occasion, our very own Bijou Bob, cheers mate! There was a little nervousness before setting off this morning, but once I turned out of the end of the street it was if i'd never stopped driving. Bloody brilliant!!!! 8)
congratulations! - here's hoping you're clear for a good few years to come :pissed: (ok - so maybe not the best emoticon to use, on reflection..)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 pm

thebish wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:Today I am bloody ecstatic that for the first time in 18 months, I have been able to get behind the wheel of my car and drive the bloody thing. Bloody epilepsy. :evil:

congratulations! - here's hoping you're clear for a good few years to come :pissed: (ok - so maybe not the best emoticon to use, on reflection..)
Cheers Bish! I initially used that one too before realising that it probably wasn't very appropriate. :pissed:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:58 pm

HAHAHAHAH!

Sorry. Congrats!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Made up for you mate :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Tonight Matthew, I'm happy about booking an Easter holiday trip with my kids. So, to what exotic far flung location will we be travelling dad, they asked. Egypt for a spot of scuba? New York to take in the sights? Dubai to gaze at the fabulous wealth? Er, no kids, its, ahem, erm, Belarus.................
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Made up for you mate :D
.... which is code for "thank Gawd for that" I think.

But yes, good stuff & ... as they say "keep taking the tablets" even when you think it's a bind.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Being "ashamed and remorseful" having any effect on sentencing criminals. Bloke locally, (apparently a known and persistent offender, 45 years old) robbed two women then threatened to knife them when they followed him. His lawyer claimed he was "ashamed and remorseful" as if that's some sort of excuse for a known criminal to get a reduced sentence. Do the crime, do the time, asshole. No excuses allowed.
Ashamed & remorseful for getting caught they mean.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Being "ashamed and remorseful" having any effect on sentencing criminals. Bloke locally, (apparently a known and persistent offender, 45 years old) robbed two women then threatened to knife them when they followed him. His lawyer claimed he was "ashamed and remorseful" as if that's some sort of excuse for a known criminal to get a reduced sentence. Do the crime, do the time, asshole. No excuses allowed.
Have you, perchance, quoted that in the wrong forum, Bobo? I'm fairly certain Mr Dancer was angry today about that, and now you've made it happy...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Wasn't there a fella a couple of years ago (maybe last year) who was spared jail, because he started crying in court?
Last edited by boltonboris on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:26 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Have you, perchance, quoted that in the wrong forum, Bobo? I'm fairly certain Mr Dancer was angry today about that, and now you've made it happy...
I am now ashamed & remorseful !!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:33 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
I am now ashamed & remorseful !!
Don't be Bobo, I fxcked up and put it in the wrong thread, but I won't let it happen again your honour. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 am

Lost five pounds weight on my first week of new diet/exercise regime. Mind you I suppose my lost weekend of Winter Vomiting Bug accounts for most of that. I was vaguely aware of a football match on Saturday afternoon but was losing fluids rapidly through both orifices for much of the morning. Spent the rest of Saturday and most of Sunday in bed and now have the sorest hurling muscles I've ever had. Not been that ill for many years! Happy? Pah!