Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by clapton is god » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:3 day weekend!
Me too, but as I'm self employed thats not necessarily a good thing. :?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Just tomorrow to get through then I have a 9 day weekend, 5 of which I'll be spending in Prague. Can't wait. :-)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Just tomorrow to get through then I have a 9 day weekend, 5 of which I'll be spending in Prague. Can't wait. :-)
Enjoy.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 pm

I spend a lot of time on the road and enjoy very much listening to books on tape (well, CD, but the old name has stuck). They are, however, notably expensive. My local libray has a collection which is good but this week announced that they can now be accessed on-line and downloaded.

Good a very good scheme, but I imagine could kill sales of them.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Today I am mostly being happy that Granta Magazine have agreed to pay me £200 for the privilege of using one of my photographs in their next issue! 8)

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 pm

thebish wrote:Today I am mostly being happy that Granta Magazine have agreed to pay me £200 for the privilege of using one of my photographs in their next issue! 8)
Excellent! Well done!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:28 pm

thebish wrote:Today I am mostly being happy that Granta Magazine have agreed to pay me £200 for the privilege of using one of my photographs in their next issue! 8)
Well done. How does it work. Do they buy the photograph off you or buy the rights to use the photo? Would you be able to let other magazines use the same photo at the same time?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh result!!!!! :D

Well done, fella.

Has Mother's Love won yet, btw?
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Excellent. Will look out for it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Well done. How does it work. Do they buy the photograph off you or buy the rights to use the photo? Would you be able to let other magazines use the same photo at the same time?
They haven't bought exclusive rights to the photo - just a one-off fee to use it to illustrate an article. I didn't actively market the photo - they picked it up from my Flickr account and contacted me... (if they'd just nicked it, I would never have known - but i guess they can't be too careful!)

My guess is it must be a piece on the "Broomway" - a naturally occurring pathway across the Thames estuary to Foulness that appears at low tide. Over the years many lives have been lost on the Broomway by rapid tides catching people unawares - and people wandering into quicksand or wandering off the track and blowing themselves up on one of the UXBs that peppers the area! maybe someone's written a poem about it?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Oh result!!!!! :D

Well done, fella.

Has Mother's Love won yet, btw?

not judged until march, I believe... (and - winning - pretty slim chance considering there are about 20squillion entries!)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

thebish wrote: wandering off the track and blowing themselves up on one of the UXBs that peppers the area! maybe someone's written a poem about it?
Baldrick? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote: wandering off the track and blowing themselves up on one of the UXBs that peppers the area! maybe someone's written a poem about it?
Baldrick? :conf:
boom.. boom.. boom.. boom!!

(maybe the standard of Granta has deteriorated!)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 pm

The Newfoundland Tourist Board asked me if they could use one of mine on their website (statue of John Cabot at Bonavista). I said sure - just give me photocredit. No one mentioned cash. :(
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
The Newfoundland Tourist Board asked me if they could use one of mine on their website (statue of John Cabot at Bonavista). I said sure - just give me photocredit. No one mentioned cash. :(
I thought that was your role?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Wife found a shop that sold dark-chocolate Bounty bars. Haven't seen em for ages. Just polished one off. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Wife found a shop that sold dark-chocolate Bounty bars. Haven't seen em for ages. Just polished one off. :mrgreen:
If she finds one selling Old Jamaica can she pick us a few bars up please, Tango? :mrgreen:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Well done hun :)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Wife found a shop that sold dark-chocolate Bounty bars. Haven't seen em for ages. Just polished one off. :mrgreen:
If she finds one selling Old Jamaica can she pick us a few bars up please, Tango? :mrgreen:
Home Bargains are selling Old Jamaica, Bruce. So far I have resisted. Won't be long though!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
She seems to think either Morrisons or Asda stock it Bruce ?.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?