Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:That Wok to Walk was everywhere in Barcelona too. Didn't get round to trying it though, thought it looked a bit naff. 'Appen not!

That Luciano's stall is a revelation too. Pre-match food sorted.
They do a really good sausage butty in Luciano's!
Can't help feel that's a bit like going somewhere abroad on your hols and just going to their version of the Red Lion every night :)
And that, my man, is Benidorm.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Finished work today for Easter! 3 and a half weeks off (well, with mykids) and my netball team finished the season by winning 14-4. :D

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Finished work today for Easter! 3 and a half weeks off (well, with mykids) and my netball team finished the season by winning 14-4. :D
A fully deserved 3 and a half week break. Anyone who says teachers don't deserve it, just look at the hours they work. Finishing at 3:30 everyday and 13 weeks holiday each year. Trying to fill their free time is extremely tiring.

I can say this 'cos my wife and sisters are all teachers and I know how difficult teaching is.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Finished work today for Easter! 3 and a half weeks off (well, with mykids) and my netball team finished the season by winning 14-4. :D
A fully deserved 3 and a half week break. Anyone who says teachers don't deserve it, just look at the hours they work. Finishing at 3:30 everyday and 13 weeks holiday each year. Trying to fill their free time is extremely tiring.

I can say this 'cos my wife and sisters are all teachers and I know how difficult teaching is.
BREAK??? I have 3 year old twins! There are days I go to work for a rest!

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

There must be some supply work out there? :wink:
Hope is what keeps us going.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

There must be some supply work out there? :wink:
Give it a week and i'll be desperately searching. :D

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 am

I have some hoovering and ironing that needs doing.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 am

Wandering Willy wrote:I have some hoovering and ironing that needs doing.
Great. I hope the pay is good as you are looking after my 3 year olds in exchange for free! :)

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Always hopeful wrote:

Now Now AH GG has to put up with some of the most troubling kids in Britain in her private school (or is it a grammar).
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:20 pm

danhorwich wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

Now Now AH GG has to put up with some of the most troubling kids in Britain in her private school (or is it a grammar).
Is it on the Norley hall estate?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:51 pm

danhorwich wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

Like to see you cope with 30 6 year old boys screaming as they charge round a sports hall! 8)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

Like to see you cope with 30 6 year old boys screaming as they charge round a sports hall! 8)
50 circuits, 50 press ups and some star jumps should sort them out. Be ruthless :mrgreen:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

Try managing 1,400 of their parents .... and only 5 weeks leave a year to recharge the batteries.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

I would just let them get on with it, why do they need to be taught anything apart from how to read and write at the age of 6. Surely the key at the age of 6 should be that they enjoy school not to make them the best U6's football team in West Sussex?

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:12 am

LeverEnd wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

Is it on the Norley hall estate?
No their from Heywood :shock: .

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:34 am

I was once told by a forum member (in person) that hard work always pays off, I already had that opinion anyhow and have worked hard for every grade I have ever got however yesterday I thought his (and my theory) was going to be proven wrong when I took my 6th AAT accountancy exam (the first of level 3) however I am pleased to say I passed what was a very difficult exam. Hard work for the win :pissed: :oyea: .

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:53 am

danhorwich wrote:I was once told by a forum member (in person) that hard work always pays off, I already had that opinion anyhow and have worked hard for every grade I have ever got however yesterday I thought his (and my theory) was going to be proven wrong when I took my 6th AAT accountancy exam (the first of level 3) however I am pleased to say I passed what was a very difficult exam. Hard work for the win :pissed: :oyea: .
Fantastic. Congrats.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:09 am

Ta, Will. Next one is a months time so not rest for the weary as they say.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:32 am

That's wicked, mate. Well done.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:35 am

Well done Dan. Top stuff.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?