Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I bought myself a lovely bottle of Port thank you. It'll get an airing tonight with some stilton.

I finally went with Insight Therapies Ltd. I'm now in the process of sorting logo's, letterheads and business cards, banking and a marketing strategy. I've spent a small fortune today, there's no end to it!
You resisted 'Total Insight Therapies' then !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I bought myself a lovely bottle of Port thank you. It'll get an airing tonight with some stilton.

I finally went with Insight Therapies Ltd. I'm now in the process of sorting logo's, letterheads and business cards, banking and a marketing strategy. I've spent a small fortune today, there's no end to it!
You resisted 'Total Insight Therapies' then !
Did a double-take on that at first. Thought it said There are pies.. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:57 pm

daughter joined the musicals society at Bradford - known as BUSOM (Bradord Uni Society of Musicals???)

anyway - auditions tonight - she thought she'd bombed - but got one of the two main parts! :D

she was on skype telling me how bad she sucked - cos it was in a room with a scary X-factor-like panel of auditioners and it phased her a bit - and how frustrated she was that she hadn't shown them what she can actually do - and then as I was consoling her and reminding her she didn't *actually* know yet - she got an email to say she had one of the the two main parts! :D

great end to the day!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 am

Well done Missy Miss Bish :oyea:

I've met Miss Bish - she's lovely. I've also met her Dad.

She must take after her mum. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well done Missy Miss Bish :oyea:

I've met Miss Bish - she's lovely. I've also met her Dad.

She must take after her mum. :)
:D

Well done, Ms Bish. And also well done for getting stuck into Uni life so quickly.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:17 am

The post I never thought i would make...

Today I'm happy about the Daily Mail... :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... squad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:27 am

William the White wrote:The post I never thought i would make...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... squad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They do a pretty good job in that report and congrats to you.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:19 pm

"The Daily Mail. A set of lying bastards who wouldn't recognise the truth if it hit them in the face. Never trust them. Never believe a word they say". W. White August 2012
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

"The Daily Mail. A set of lying bastards who wouldn't recognise the truth if it hit them in the face. Never trust them. Never believe a word they say". W. White August 2012
:lol: I figured there'd be one of them around somewhere. :-)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

I never said that. It must have been some interloper masquerading as me. I have always had the greatest respect for the journalistic integrity of the Daily Mail and the brightly burnished intelligence of its readers.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:09 pm

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 pm

That nobody is getting over excited after we beat the mighty San Marino 5-0, I think Estonia on Sunday could prove and interesting challenge though.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:59 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:That nobody is getting over excited after we beat the mighty San Marino 5-0, I think Estonia on Sunday could prove and interesting challenge though.
It was like watching a training session, that's why Dan. Paint drying springs to mind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 pm

just discovered that you can register with the tesco.com site with your tesco clubcard and then discover all the vouchers that they ever sent you but you didn't get round to spending - well, maybe not EVER, but going back about 2 years - and you can print them all off in one easy go and then go and spend them in your local tesco..

I have over £60 to spend now - made up of vouchers going back into 2012... (make sure you're not in the queue behind me!)

result!! :-)

edit: actually - looking at it - it makes more sense to convert them to tokens to spend at Pizza Express or Prezzos as £2.50 voucher = £10 token...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:00 pm

My daughter has joined her University Musicals performance society - acronym - BUSOM
(Bradord Uni Society of Operettas & Musicals)

anyway - they are collaborating with The New Bradford Playhouse to recruit people to help in the handling of the technical side of theatre productions, i.e. lighting, set-building, stage-hands.

This group will be run under the name Technicians in Theatre Services - I kid you not!

anyone spot an acronym theme here???

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:18 pm

What's funny about TNBP?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:03 am

Let 'em alone, thebish, they're students who will be running the country in a few years time. By the time they've got through the undergraduate humour stage and joined a few rallies/riots about things they most likely don't understand they'll pop out at the other end quite normal people. Well, I hope they will. :smile:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm happy that earlier in the week I found out that I can redo the exam I failed, I have booked In to take it 2 weeks today, admittedly it cost £90 to take it but I will know by the time we have been thrashed by Norwich as to weather I have passed or not. More importantly I have actually worked out where I went wrong and am now in a much better position to pass when I first took it.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:29 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I'm happy that earlier in the week I found out that I can redo the exam I failed, I have booked In to take it 2 weeks today, admittedly it cost £90 to take it but I will know by the time we have been thrashed by Norwich as to weather I have passed or not. More importantly I have actually worked out where I went wrong and am now in a much better position to pass when I first took it.
Good news, Dan - we''ll see whether you can weather the storm.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:59 pm

The timing is superb, thing s are really light at work at the moment, most of the office is on a company incentive, I have several hours free to revise each day.