Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Jasper found by Wasdale mountain rescue. Spot on, well done, well chuffed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Jasper found by Wasdale mountain rescue. Spot on, well done, well chuffed.
Yep, nice 'good news' story. I always felt that the sightings were incorrect and that people were being led by their hearts rather than heads and so it proved. the dog was found not too far from where last seen. Nearly went up there yesterday to have a look. Oh, and he wasn't found by Mountain Rescue. he was found by a member of the public out looking for him at 2am. he managed to get him in a bivvi bag and then called rescue who went up before first light. Good effort all round.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Exam went well last week, I'm enjoying work, what could be better?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Being blessed at having such great parents. I've seen a lot of children in pretty 5hitty situations this last month and spending a couple of hours this evening with the old folks, reminded me how lucky I am to have them.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Being blessed at having such great parents. I've seen a lot of children in pretty 5hitty situations this last month and spending a couple of hours this evening with the old folks, reminded me how lucky I am to have them.
Nice. Very nice.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:55 pm

↑↑↑ If only Bob said the same
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:Being blessed at having such great parents. I've seen a lot of children in pretty 5hitty situations this last month and spending a couple of hours this evening with the old folks, reminded me how lucky I am to have them.
I was lucky too, Harry, though my father died in 1974 and my mother has been gone this quarter century. Yet they were there when I needed them and they might not have been unhappy with the product. At least I hope not.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑ If only Bob said the same
I do. Every time I sit down with a therapy client, I give thanks for having great parents. Some of the stories I get told are beyond awful.

Mind you, seeing as I was the one who paved the way for Harry having such an easy time of it, its waaaaaay easier for him to say that than me. :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:03 pm

My daughter's first proper (aside from a 24hr from scratch rocky horror show performance) uni performance - as one of two main-part witches, Glinda...

http://wavgoodbye.blogspot.co.uk/2014/1 ... eview.html
Carys Nevard as Glinda was similar, throwing herself into the song ‘Popular’, her positive sunny style lifting the song up, her enthusiasm and energy infectious.
There were a few moments that could have been more polished – in particular the ascending notes of the big finale numbers which proved to be too challenging for the chorus as a whole – but it was a funny, well delivered show with some standout performances from Rodrigo, Nevard and Niven in particular, alongside some fun props, good costumes and moments of injected humour.
:oyea: oh yeah - proud dad moment! :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:23 pm

thebish wrote:My daughter's first proper (aside from a 24hr from scratch rocky horror show performance) uni performance - as one of two main-part witches, Glinda...

Carys Nevard as Glinda was similar, throwing herself into the song ‘Popular’, her positive sunny style lifting the song up, her enthusiasm and energy infectious.
There were a few moments that could have been more polished – in particular the ascending notes of the big finale numbers which proved to be too challenging for the chorus as a whole – but it was a funny, well delivered show with some standout performances from Rodrigo, Nevard and Niven in particular, alongside some fun props, good costumes and moments of injected humour.
Good feeling. Well done to her. Happy for you. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:53 pm

thebish wrote:My daughter's first proper (aside from a 24hr from scratch rocky horror show performance) uni performance - as one of two main-part witches, Glinda...

:oyea: Well done Little Miss Bish aka Carys.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:01 pm

ImageImageImage :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:11 pm

Went to No. 2 son's 'graduation ceremony' this eve at his high school. We got a nice surprise when he was awarded with a special prize for being the first pupil in the school's history to get 100% in an end of school exam. In his case, 100% in his Geography GCSE.

Incredible. Well done lad. We're very proud of you. :pissed:
Hope is what keeps us going.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Always hopeful wrote:Went to No. 2 son's 'graduation ceremony' this eve at his high school. We got a nice surprise when he was awarded with a special prize for being the first pupil in the school's history to get 100% in an end of school exam. In his case, 100% in his Geography GCSE.

Congrats! All those evening's looking over Papa's shoulder at Dan's Tour of Great British Shiteholes on here, obviously a great help with the last minute revision. :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Always hopeful wrote:Went to No. 2 son's 'graduation ceremony' this eve at his high school. We got a nice surprise when he was awarded with a special prize for being the first pupil in the school's history to get 100% in an end of school exam. In his case, 100% in his Geography GCSE.

Well, at least you should never get lost when he's with you.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 pm

He also got a prize for his achievement in English Literature.

He'd have done very well in the 'Places' and 'Words' categories in Bullseye!! :)
Hope is what keeps us going.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Passed my final AAT level 3 exam :oyea: , 3/4rs of the way to being fully qualified. Well done AH junior.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Well done, Dan.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:30 pm

I think Bijou's looking for an Accountant. PM him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:48 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Passed my final AAT level 3 exam :oyea: , 3/4rs of the way to being fully qualified. Well done AH junior.
Well done Dan. Stick with it and you'll go all the way. Congratulations.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?