Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:06 pm

PS - now Happy I ordered some new front brake pads the other day after I heard a slight crunch...

they arrived today and I replaced them - it seems, not a day too soon... :oops:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 pm

thebish wrote:PS - now Happy I ordered some new front brake pads the other day after I heard a slight crunch...

About 100 miles too late I'd say! and that's being very generous.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:53 pm

oh - indeed.. hence the blushing embarassed icon...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 pm

thebish wrote:two things - both related!

I have a new role that takes me to Lynton (North Devon) once or twice a week - a 4hr round trip...

rode over there for the first time yesterday...

1) on the way there (2pm) - GLORIOUS ride in the sun right over the top of Exmoor - stunning!! - happy about that!

2) on the way back (9pm) - dense fog, deep moonless dark skies, driving rain - visibility = just about zero... this for about 35 miles or so until I hit the M5...

happy about the awesomely brilliant, life-saving invention of Cats-eyes - without which (even if poorly maintained and therefore sporadic) I would probably be lying in a ditch now having gone off the impossible-to-see-where-it-goes road on a bend... :oyea:
If you left those brakes much longer the cats eyes wouldn't be of much use :mrgreen:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:29 pm

thebish wrote:PS - now Happy I ordered some new front brake pads the other day after I heard a slight crunch...

On behalf of the mechanical numpties on here can I ask, what are we supposed to be looking at here?

Is the top one a new pad and the bottom one an old worn one? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

On behalf of the mechanical numpties on here can I ask, what are we supposed to be looking at here?

The top pad is has worn away (right of the pic). Hope this helps Harry. :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

they are both worn pads - they clamp either side of the rotor slowing the bike - not unlike the pads on a bicycle clamping the wheel rims...

when you squeeze the brake lever they clamp together and slow the wheel down.

your car will probably have summat similar! have you never changed your car brake pads???

they are supposed to have a good thickness of "pad" on them like these: *whereas mine were pretty much flat and down to the metal.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 pm

^ ah right. Blimey, they were badly worn weren't they?

As for - "Have you never changed your car brake pads??" :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:^ ah right. Blimey, they were badly worn weren't they?

As for - "Have you never changed your car brake pads??" :lol:
Yep ... the :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what proper men, with caloused hands and dirt under their finger nails which doesn't bother them are for.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:02 pm

I dunno, you'll be reet... I once ran a Vauxhall Vectra on pads that were metal to metal... it still stopped. Just.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Anyway, today I'm chuffed because my sponsored Taz Devil (Ronald) is about to be dispensed into the wild...
Part of his training has been having wild Tasman Devil's male's shit dropped randomly into his pen. Poor fxcker.
He'll be tracked and I'll get updates on my/his birthdays, and significant dates (like New Year).
Happy Life Ronald. Kiss kiss.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Anyway, today I'm chuffed because my sponsored Taz Devil (Ronald) is about to be dispensed into the wild...
Part of his training has been having wild Tasman Devil's male's shit dropped randomly into his pen. Poor fxcker.
He'll be tracked and I'll get updates on my/his birthdays, and significant dates (like New Year).
Happy Life Ronald. Kiss kiss.
Ah. makes sense that you chose a Tasmanian Devil. :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Some glorious sunshine in Cornwall, well chuffed I stayed for a third week :D
There is however one small problem, the next time I'm fishing that tw*t of a life guard on his quad bike will get a 6oz lead chucked at him if he doesn't slow down, there's feckin' kids on the beach for Christ's sake!! :twisted:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Hoboh wrote:Some glorious sunshine in Cornwall, well chuffed I stayed for a third week :D
There is however one small problem, the next time I'm fishing that tw*t of a life guard on his quad bike will get a 6oz lead chucked at him if he doesn't slow down, there's feckin' kids on the beach for Christ's sake!! :twisted:

it's possible that's why there's a lifeguard in attendance!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:12 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Some glorious sunshine in Cornwall, well chuffed I stayed for a third week :D

it's possible that's why there's a lifeguard in attendance!
What, to race around shifting a few flags at the last minute because he's been posing for the schoolgirls?
If he knew his job he would be able to drive at a sane speed to move them, most fishermen know the state of the tides, he's not on a GP motorbike or quad event!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:25 pm

A red enamelled all steel square mouthed shovel...
£15
Fxck does it make mixing mortar so much easier, yes it does!
Right tool for the right job makes Jack a happy chap.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Had a great afternoon today as our family were treated as guests of honours at Chorley FC's game against Solihull. The game was dedicated to the memory of my Dad, an ex-player, who passed away recently. They took time to research Dad's successful 11 years at the club in the late 50s/early 60s and print a detailed full page tribute to him in the programme. The minute's silence was impeccably observed by the 1,200 crowd.

Well done and thanks to all at Chorley FC. It meant a lot to us all, especially my Mum.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Always hopeful wrote:Had a great afternoon today as our family were treated as guests of honours at Chorley FC's game against Solihull. The game was dedicated to the memory of my Dad, an ex-player, who passed away recently. They took time to research Dad's successful 11 years at the club in the late 50s/early 60s and print a detailed full page tribute to him in the programme. The minute's silence was impeccably observed by the 1,200 crowd.

Well done and thanks to all at Chorley FC. It meant a lot to us all, especially my Mum.
Aww that's lovely AH. Good on Chorley for doing it too. Shows real class

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:Had a great afternoon today as our family were treated as guests of honours at Chorley FC's game against Solihull. The game was dedicated to the memory of my Dad, an ex-player, who passed away recently. They took time to research Dad's successful 11 years at the club in the late 50s/early 60s and print a detailed full page tribute to him in the programme. The minute's silence was impeccably observed by the 1,200 crowd.

I thought it was ace too, chuffed for you.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

I thought it was ace too, chuffed for you.
Impressive. Well done to them.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".