Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:43 am

Good one Chorley and RIP your dad.
I went there for mny first visit a few weeks ago at the suggestion of Bruce and really enjoyed it. Will go back

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:18 am

Chorley FC is ace!
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:21 pm

had a top weekend in Kirkby Lonsdale, just me and the brats (and the dog!) while their mother is away.. camping in the wigwams. did Ingleborough cave, Ingleton waterfall trail, wandering round KL, tried a few quality pubs, cooking on the fire, toasting marshmallows, and just kicking back with a bottle of glen moray under the stars. quality.

Last edited by General Mannerheim on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:57 pm

^^ beautiful General. Makes my heart fit to burst to see that sort of love & dedication.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:24 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:had a top weekend in Kirkby Lonsdale, just me and the brats while their mother is away.. camping in the wigwams. did Ingleborough cave, Ingleton waterfall trail, wandering round KL, tried a few quality pubs, cooking on the fire, toasting marshmallows, and just kicking back with a bottle of glen moray under the stars. quality.

Did that little one make it all the way round the waterfalls trail? :shock:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Nope :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:05 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Nope :D

:lol:

SWEET :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Bradley Walsh, what a hero. On tonight's chase a question was: The product of which animal is used in the manufacture of perfume: Weasel (I think?) , Badger or Beaver?

The girl contestant said "Badger". Bradley asked her why, she replied " Well, would you like to smell like a beaver?".......
......and the heroic Bradley managed to keep a straight face. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:55 pm

The tomato glut has now led to chutney time in the kitchen. The first six jars of the Nigel Slater red and green tomato chutney recipe are cooling.

The mixing bowl of of green tomatoes, raisins, onions, courgettes, garlic, chilli etc that is my late father in laws recipe from time immemorial is in the fridge to marinade overnight. And, at a guess, will be in 12 or so jars by tomorrow afternoon.

And there's still plenty of green tomatoes to be picked. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:02 pm

William the White wrote:The tomato glut has now led to chutney time in the kitchen. The first six jars of the Nigel Slater red and green tomato chutney recipe are cooling.

The mixing bowl of of green tomatoes, raisins, onions, courgettes, garlic, chilli etc that is my late father in laws recipe from time immemorial is in the fridge to marinade overnight. And, at a guess, will be in 12 or so jars by tomorrow afternoon.

And the answer's "Yes", as ever. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:The tomato glut has now led to chutney time in the kitchen. The first six jars of the Nigel Slater red and green tomato chutney recipe are cooling.

And the answer's "Yes", as ever. ;)
If I remember correctly you are particularly fond of my late father-in-law's version, known as Ali's Chutters...

But are prepared to put up with other concoctions if pressed... :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Re-finding some old Father Ted quotes:

Dougal: Do you remember that bit when St. Tibulus, he tried to take that banana off the other lad?
Father Ted: That wasn't a banana, Dougal.

Father Ted: It's not as if everyone's going to go off and join some mad religious cult just because we go off for a picnic for a couple of hours.
Father Dougal: God, Ted, I heard about those cults. Everyone dressing in black and saying our Lord's gonna come back and judge us all!
Father Ted: No... No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.

Father Ted: You won't be able to come with me... when I go into space. I'm going to be the first priest in space.
Father Dougal: God Ted, first America then space, what next?

and many, many more... :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Completely the wrong thread...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm

You might not find this funny, but it cracked me up.

The innocence of kids. A five year old little girl who lives a couple of doors away was standing at my gate when I came back from dog-walking. She pointed up my path as I arrived.
Hello.(I said)
Look...a Squirrel. (Sure enough, there was one. It scarpered and jumped up a tree)
Oh yes, a squirrel. Do you think it's called Cyril?
No, I think it's called Twiggy.

:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Horseshit. Great big steaming piles of. Just appeared tonight on our road when I got home from work. Although some has been driven over I managed to collect four good bucketful's, which should do nicely in the vegetable patch rotting down over winter. I'm amazed anybody's taking horses out around bonfire night, but a bonus for me.
(Made me late for a beer though).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Horseshit. Great big steaming piles of. Just appeared tonight on our road when I got home from work. Although some has been driven over I managed to collect four good bucketful's, which should do nicely in the vegetable patch rotting down over winter. I'm amazed anybody's taking horses out around bonfire night, but a bonus for me.
Maybe that was why there was bucketful's of horse shit everywhere.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Horseshit. Great big steaming piles of. Just appeared tonight on our road when I got home from work. Although some has been driven over I managed to collect four good bucketful's, which should do nicely in the vegetable patch rotting down over winter. I'm amazed anybody's taking horses out around bonfire night, but a bonus for me.
Maybe that was why there was bucketful's of horse shit everywhere.
I hadn't thought of that, but you're probably spot on. (although it was suspiciously solid for an emergency evacuation, and suspiciously abundant for just the one hoss).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:38 pm

My grandson started walking today. Daughter sent the vid. We are grinning away - he's sooo clever... :D :D :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Ali Simpson, 37, of Poole.
You're not far wrong.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Having been informed a few years ago that my wife's car was fitted with a timing chain rather than a timing belt, I thought "Happy days! Virtually no maintenance costs and no chance of the belt snapping" (something that had happened to me twice before on 2 other cars and cost me a fortune).

Anyway, as it turns out, I found out a couple of weeks ago that I'd been given duff information. The car is fitted with a timing belt and it should have been changed about 70,000 miles ago.

So why am I happy? I'm happy that I managed to get the belt changed this week, without it snapping and wrecking the engine! 150,000 miles on a timing belt is quite an achievement. I think I'll notify the Guinness Book of Records!

What's even more satisfying is that Mrs H is none the wiser and just saw this as me being kind and spending some money on her car, to keep her safe now that winter's on its way.

Result. :oyea:
Hope is what keeps us going.