Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Went to Denmark Street today to buy Little Miss GtE's Christmas present (she wanted a semi-acoustic guitar).

The second shop we went in we were approached by a familiar faced aussie who proceeded to advise my daughter on the right type of guitar for her.

After a few minutes we realised why he was so familiar. He is the frontman for a band I've championed on here for a couple of years called The Graveltones.

Seems he was working a couple of shifts to save enough money to go back to Oz. All his money is caught up in the new album due out soon.

I urge you to check out their debut album 'Don't wait down' and put some brass in this fantastic band's pockets.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Went to Denmark Street today to buy Little Miss GtE's Christmas present (she wanted a semi-acoustic guitar).

Dude. you and Missy Miss do know that there's a world of difference between a semi-acoustic and an electro-acoustic, don't you? If you did buy her a semi-acoustic then I hope to God that you bought her a Gretsch, or else I'm not your friend. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Went to Denmark Street today to buy Little Miss GtE's Christmas present (she wanted a semi-acoustic guitar).

Dude. you and Missy Miss do know that there's a world of difference between a semi-acoustic and an electro-acoustic, don't you? If you did buy her a semi-acoustic then I hope to God that you bought her a Gretsch, or else I'm not your friend. ;)[/quote

Fender with a Fishmann pick-up. As recommended by The Graveltones. :oyea:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:56 am

I've waited a couple of months to make this announcement, a period I deemed necessary to be happy within myself that it is true.

I have given up drinking alcoholic beverages*.

Prior to 5 Nov last year I drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney. My weekly intake of the dreaded drink was, on average, 2½ four litre casks of chateau cardboard and 3 700ml bottles of the cheapest scotch available at the local bottle shop. I reckoned that I was an alcoholic bum, an opinion with which my doctor - in more polite words - agreed. We were both wrong.

The above mentioned date was that on which I was initially installed in a hospital bed for a term of one week. Whilst I missed the fags a bit there was no craving whatsoever for a tipple. To say that was suprising would be a gross understatement. On being kicked out of the ward and pointed homeward was the point at which I made the decision to continue permanently the abstinence.

Cheers! :drink:

*I am not totally a non-drinker as I permit myself one small (<50ml) drink of scotch in the late afternoon of each day. Occasionally I won't even bother with that. :smile:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:52 am

Dujon wrote:I've waited a couple of months to make this announcement, a period I deemed necessary to be happy within myself that it is true.

I have given up drinking alcoholic beverages*.

Prior to 5 Nov last year I drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney. My weekly intake of the dreaded drink was, on average, 2½ four litre casks of chateau cardboard and 3 700ml bottles of the cheapest scotch available at the local bottle shop. I reckoned that I was an alcoholic bum, an opinion with which my doctor - in more polite words - agreed. We were both wrong.

The above mentioned date was that on which I was initially installed in a hospital bed for a term of one week. Whilst I missed the fags a bit there was no craving whatsoever for a tipple. To say that was suprising would be a gross understatement. On being kicked out of the ward and pointed homeward was the point at which I made the decision to continue permanently the abstinence.

Cheers! :drink:

*I am not totally a non-drinker as I permit myself one small (<50ml) drink of scotch in the late afternoon of each day. Occasionally I won't even bother with that. :smile:
Many congratulations - I was wondering what you'd got up to. Glad to hear all is well.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 am

Way to go, Dujon! Really impressed by that. Keep it up.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:41 am

Excellent stuff, Dujon.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 am

Well done indeed Dujon. I hardly ever drink these days apart from an odd glass of wine with a meal and in April it will be three years since I gave up smoking. Stick with it buddy. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am

clapton is god wrote:Way to go, Dujon! Really impressed by that. Keep it up.
Yep. Bravo.

... & that was some mighty consumption previously :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Great effort Dujon and i bet that will save you a fair few quid too...a double bubble
The Voice Of Reason

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:56 am

Thanks, all, but congratulations are unnecessary; as I wrote, I was lucky in that it was easy (no withdrawal systems at all). Giving up the fags would be an entirely different matter!

Yes, it was certainly a large intake of plonk and, yes, it was an expensive hobby. In dollar terms it was costing about $120 per week so the cost per year doesn't bear even thinking about. :cry:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Bolton win, England Rugby win, England cricket win. The cat's going to have to kick itself this week.

Disclaimer: I don't actually have a cat...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Bolton win, England Rugby win, England cricket win. The cat's going to have to kick itself this week.
Disclaimer: I don't actually have a cat...
Yes, a good day all round (weather apart).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Dujon wrote:Thanks, all, but congratulations are unnecessary; as I wrote, I was lucky in that it was easy (no withdrawal systems at all). Giving up the fags would be an entirely different matter!

Yes, it was certainly a large intake of plonk and, yes, it was an expensive hobby. In dollar terms it was costing about $120 per week so the cost per year doesn't bear even thinking about. :cry:
$6,240.

You're welcome
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:00 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Dujon wrote:Thanks, all, but congratulations are unnecessary; as I wrote, I was lucky in that it was easy (no withdrawal systems at all). Giving up the fags would be an entirely different matter!

$6,240.

You're welcome
Meh, Bruce makes more than that on his empties. :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Young Miss Bob has applied for hundreds of jobs since graduating last year and never had a sniff, but has had 2 interviews in the last 48 hours. She's been offered both jobs and I'm a very proud dad.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:01 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Young Miss Bob has applied for hundreds of jobs since graduating last year and never had a sniff, but has had 2 interviews in the last 48 hours. She's been offered both jobs and I'm a very proud dad.
And rightly so, Sir. Perseverance paid off. :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:06 am

Good for her mate.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:52 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Young Miss Bob has applied for hundreds of jobs since graduating last year and never had a sniff, but has had 2 interviews in the last 48 hours. She's been offered both jobs and I'm a very proud dad.

as you should be! great news! :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:22 am

thebish wrote:

as you should be! great news! :D
Excellent.

She can start the repayments to you now !!