Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 pm
Today is my first full day off since mid-March. I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself it's been that long :?
Tomorrow will be my first day's holiday since August and I've no idea what I'm going to do with it :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:10 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Today is my first full day off since mid-March. I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself it's been that long :?
Tomorrow will be my first day's holiday since August and I've no idea what I'm going to do with it :?

Last one of them was August 2017...not that I'm counting days or owt :lol:

I went with beer and telly in the end :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:10 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Snap though I’ve not had a day off since February. Other than bank hols. Not even felt like I needed one but now I’ve crashed. Probably be given a list of stuff that needs fixing....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:07 pm

We were made to use or lose ours. Last thing they were going to risk was a load of carry over. Especially if they're forced into redundancies next year...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 pm

I'm retired so every day is a holiday. However, there has been nothing much to do since February so this free time is all a bit boring...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:34 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 pm
I'm retired so every day is a holiday. However, there has been nothing much to do since February so this free time is all a bit boring...
Can pop over, do my housework and look after my children if you’re twiddling your thumbs Monty!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:34 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 pm
Can pop over, do my housework and look after my children if you’re twiddling your thumbs Monty!
I would be glad to but we are in lockdown. Not allowed to travel. I'm good at looking after children. Housework not so much....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:16 pm

Joy to the World. A Happy and Blessed Christmas to you all. ae:)

:oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Blimey, nobody happy since Christmas! I had my first jab yesterday, so I'm very happy. The vaccination programme seems to be the one thing we've done reasonably well as a country in the last few years and the only thing we've got right as far as the virus is concerned. That having been said, the vaccines are open to future discoveries around health issues, efficacy and much more, so I'm not counting my chickens.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Blimey, nobody happy since Christmas! I had my first jab yesterday, so I'm very happy. The vaccination programme seems to be the one thing we've done reasonably well as a country in the last few years and the only thing we've got right as far as the virus is concerned. That having been said, the vaccines are open to future discoveries around health issues, efficacy and much more, so I'm not counting my chickens.
Fck me, I didn't have you down as a day over 60... :-)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:02 pm

I’m just a tad over 55.......and doing frontline healthcare. Ish. :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:02 pm
I’m just a tad over 55.......and doing frontline healthcare. Ish. :D
You've jumped the queue, you c*nt. ;)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:30 pm

I'm happy about Arthur Gnahoua that's what I'm happy about. And if prufrock can dissect bwfc bench options on the athletics and running thread I'm putting it on here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Finally completed my home visit treatment today for a serious pressure sore at the base of my spine, by a team of wonderful angels without wings N.H.S.district nurses (about a dozen in all at various times over the past ten months or so). I got blasted initially with arthritis right out of the blue and lost three stone in weight. I'm still a couple of stone below my normal weight and am house bound and walking with a Zimmer frame as my knees are shot, , but am full of praise for these girls and ladies who are run ragged in the present clime, yet manage to keep smiling through it all.

Today was my last visit so there's a note of sadness at saying goodbye to the nurses apart from a once a month check. They and my lovely wife are truly angels without wings for what they do. God bless every one of them.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Hope it is getting better, Tango.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:31 pm

Aye. Hope your recovery continues apace Tango. Nice to hear your praise for the district nurses too. Proper heroines them.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:59 pm

I'm reading into that that you no longer need them, Tango, which is excellent. Nice sentiments too. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Thanks lads. Unfortunately, the pressure sore is thankfully over with Bruce, but the arthritis is a real killer. Operations are a long way behind and, at my age...well, who knows. I'll just keep hoping and praying. Funny thing, apart from a hernia op, I've never been ill or in hospital in my entire life. I'm sure making up for it now...Que sera....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am

Happy today as I had my virus injection this morning. . I'm a home visit so I've had to wait. Wife got hers some time back attending clinic, but now mine's done too, thank God. :pray:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:40 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am
Happy today as I had my virus injection this morning. . I'm a home visit so I've had to wait. Wife got hers some time back attending clinic, but now mine's done too, thank God. :pray:
Good news TD.