Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 13, 2021 6:03 pm

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-deplo ... in-glasgo/

This. Incredibly fulfilling to know there is some decency and reasonableness left in society even if you might have to go to Scotland to find it. Heart warming. All these people deserve medals.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 13, 2021 8:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:03 pm
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/police-deplo ... in-glasgo/

This. Incredibly fulfilling to know there is some decency and reasonableness left in society even if you might have to go to Scotland to find it. Heart warming. All these people deserve medals.
Aye, it's nae bad up here :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:53 pm

Got a new job this morning. 😃

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:17 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:53 pm
Congrats G.G. Best of luck with it. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:17 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:53 pm
Congrats G.G. Best of luck with it. :D
Thanks Tango!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 am

As a counter point to the understandable stuff on the sister thread...

I'd love to say I was surprised when I woke up groggy eyed on Monday to find out there were already stories of racial abuse aimed at Saka, Sancho and Rashford. I wasn't.

I really was surprised at how overwhelming the response was. Screenshot after screenshot of their social media filled with messages of support.

So many lovely moments even over the last few days. From that lovely overhead video of Kalin Phillips breaking off to run over to console Saka as the Italians (understandably) charged around him to celebrate. Southgate's huge bear hug for him. Grealish giving his boots to that young lad. Mount giving his shirt to the young girl then sending her a video message. Then the constant, calmly measured approach from them all, even Mings' dig at Priti Patel was calm and measured, like Rashford dealing with the government over the past 2 years on school meals.

Then more widely the scenes in Wythenshawe today at the Rashford mural, the fact that the Daily Mail and the Sun had positive headlines (I'm backing them to follow, not lead, there).

There's hope.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:53 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 am
As a counter point to the understandable stuff on the sister thread...

I'd love to say I was surprised when I woke up groggy eyed on Monday to find out there were already stories of racial abuse aimed at Saka, Sancho and Rashford. I wasn't.

I really was surprised at how overwhelming the response was. Screenshot after screenshot of their social media filled with messages of support.

So many lovely moments even over the last few days. From that lovely overhead video of Kalin Phillips breaking off to run over to console Saka as the Italians (understandably) charged around him to celebrate. Southgate's huge bear hug for him. Grealish giving his boots to that young lad. Mount giving his shirt to the young girl then sending her a video message. Then the constant, calmly measured approach from them all, even Mings' dig at Priti Patel was calm and measured, like Rashford dealing with the government over the past 2 years on school meals.

Then more widely the scenes in Wythenshawe today at the Rashford mural, the fact that the Daily Mail and the Sun had positive headlines (I'm backing them to follow, not lead, there).

There's hope.
Yep I agree. It felt like something good came out of it. The debate was raised and the media responded. The Sun and DM though have stoked the fires forever so I don’t think I’d assume for one second they won’t revert back to type as soon as they think public opinion will allow them to. Exposing the racism and racist enablers at the top of our government and in the media has to be the first step to fixing the problem.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Notification, finally, that next month's Green Man Festival is ON. And I can't wait to see from Mogwai to Jose Gonzalez and every feck* in between perform. Actually, to say I can't wait is to understate beyond mere words themselves. :pissed: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way