Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:40 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am
Happy today as I had my virus injection this morning. . I'm a home visit so I've had to wait. Wife got hers some time back attending clinic, but now mine's done too, thank God. :pray:
Good news TD.
Tis indeed Worthy, thanks... :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:51 pm

Top hole, TANGO, old chap! :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Happy today as I had my virus injection this morning. . I'm a home visit so I've had to wait. Wife got hers some time back attending clinic, but now mine's done too, thank God. :pray:
Nice one Tango. I hope you don't, but if you do feel a bit shitey for a day or two after then try not to worry about it - our two were exactly the same. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Had mine yesterday Tango got a banging headache about 6 hours later, cured by 3 paracetamol shoulder a bit tender today and a touch lethargic but nothing else. From others I know who have had the Astra Zeneca job that seems the norm.
Well that is unless you count the wife saying hey Google to her phone, me replying how May I assist you and ending up hoovering, pot washing, a bit of laundry and dusting the lounge.
It's great having nearly all the knowledge of the world in my head except for the one currently empty file named B Gates future instructions but I'm sure there will be some content soon.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm

My new monitor speakers KRK Rokit - wonderful.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Do you need a second booster shot?
We are miles behind you in Canada - well at least in Quebec.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not that I know of Monty. No doubt we'll be informed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not that I know of Monty. No doubt we'll be informed.
With the two we are currently using Tango a follow up shot is due in 12 weeks.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:25 pm

Well, we may be catching up with the UK rollout a little. The wife and I get our first Covid jabs on Saturday. probably Pfizer but I'll take whatever is going. None of that Russian muck, mind! I don't think we have to wait 12 weeks for the booster. I guess I'll find out.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:25 pm
Well, we may be catching up with the UK rollout a little. The wife and I get our first Covid jabs on Saturday. probably Pfizer but I'll take whatever is going. None of that Russian muck, mind! I don't think we have to wait 12 weeks for the booster. I guess I'll find out.
Good news Monty. Hubby’s having his today. Not sure which but hopefully no side effects. Lots of my friends seem to have reacted quite badly to it.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:41 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:30 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Good news Monty. Hubby’s having his today. Not sure which but hopefully no side effects. Lots of my friends seem to have reacted quite badly to it.
Having mine on Sunday morning. Hoping for Pfizer!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 pm

I got the Pfizer today. As I anticipated we don't have to wait 12 weeks for the booster. My appointment for the booster is in 16 weeks at the end of June! Not quite as I anticipated! Pfizer recommends three weeks. Pathetic. It even makes Boris look good.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:09 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
The folks I know seem to have fared better on Pfizer. Missus had Astra-Zen and was tough the next day with headaches and feeling generally yuk.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:10 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 pm
I got the Pfizer today. As I anticipated we don't have to wait 12 weeks for the booster. My appointment for the booster is in 16 weeks at the end of June! Not quite as I anticipated! Pfizer recommends three weeks. Pathetic. It even makes Boris look good.
Is it cold enough in Canada that they didn't have to bother putting in a fridge, Monty?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:09 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
The folks I know seem to have fared better on Pfizer. Missus had Astra-Zen and was tough the next day with headaches and feeling generally yuk.
Can honestly say out of a dozen people I know, myself included that have had te Astra Zenica jab, all have had some reaction to it.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:31 pm

Had the Astra Zeneca this morning. I only know of one person that hasn’t had a reaction to it. Fingers crossed!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:10 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:33 pm
Is it cold enough in Canada that they didn't have to bother putting in a fridge, Monty?
Up until now but Spring is coming. The reason for 16 weeks is explained here.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-c ... -1.5939134
I'm not entirely convinced about 92% efficacy after one jab.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 pm

Electricity back on finally. Went off last night around 9pm in stormy weather, though not that stormy for here. Briefly back on at 1am then off all day until a couple hours back. Apparently going to take days to fix and the island is running off emergency generators. Very thankful we didn't lose any stock as we've thousands of pounds of stock in the fridges and freezers. Just about got away with it as a couple more hours and I think it would have started spoiling.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:55 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:31 pm
Had the Astra Zeneca this morning. I only know of one person that hasn’t had a reaction to it. Fingers crossed!
Had mine on Wednesday morning. I know people are a bit worried about possible reactions to it, but pleased to report that nothing untoward to report here - a tiny bit of a headache and tiredness from Wednesday evening and most of yesterday, but nothing out of the ordinary and maybe not even linked to the vaccine.
Also came into the office today and passed the entry temperature test, so no fever or anything.....

Not bragging or anything, just trying to even up the reports of whether people have reactions or not....

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:05 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:55 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:31 pm
Had mine on Wednesday morning. I know people are a bit worried about possible reactions to it, but pleased to report that nothing untoward to report here - a tiny bit of a headache and tiredness from Wednesday evening and most of yesterday, but nothing out of the ordinary and maybe not even linked to the vaccine.
Also came into the office today and passed the entry temperature test, so no fever or anything.....

Not bragging or anything, just trying to even up the reports of whether people have reactions or not....
Just a tender arm for a few days where the needle went in for me.