Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:39 am

Good luck and well done to her, congratulations to you both.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:56 pm

Had to take my wife to emergency very early yesterday morning. The antibiotics that a clinic had prescribed on Monday had had no effect on her hacking cough and other unpleasant symptoms that all was not well. She had not been to eat or even drink much for a week because of the sore throat. I couldn't really handle things anymore. They gave her a chest X-ray and took blood like it was a vampire convention. They poured four litres of saline solution into her by IV to which they added potassium and magnesium sulfate in the 12 hours I was there. They decided to keep and I went back to take care of the cats. They had no beds so I put two recliners together. Today they had managed to find her a gurney and were still taking blood for various tests, and still hooked up to the IV. However, she was released to my care at 2.30 with a prescription for codeine. Our hospitals are underfunded and the staff overworked. Despite this they did their best and were uniformly pleasant (except for 'Nazi Nurse' whom it was wise to avoid). If her coughing continues for two more days we have to go back, but I'm happy she's home in better condition than I took her there. I shall pour electrolyte replacement shit into her along with the codeine and cross my fingers. We are supposed to go to Jamaica in three weeks and I don't have cancellation insurance!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Blimey Monty :shock:

Hope she's being a model patient for you and her recovery is a speedy one
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Get well soon Mrs Monty!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Really bad hand you got there Monty. Keep battling and it's worse for her than you so be the strong one. A prayer or two might help. If you can't handle that I'll do it for you. Be strong.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:29 am

Jeez Monty. Hope it'll be ok.
I'm sure it'll be ok.
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:31 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:Blimey Monty :shock:

Hope she's being a model patient for you and her recovery is a speedy one
She is possibly the worst patient known by North American hospital administrators ("I want to go home!" "But we just got here and I have no IV at home" "Where's the doctor? Out drinking beer with the other doctors instead of giving us a diagnosis" "But the labs only had your blood for an hour", etc. etc.! Indeed they may change the designation patient to impatient. Thank goodness I found an Irish pub round the corner. The druggist (chemist to you?) gave me these electrolyte powders to put in water - tasted like crap but Ribena improved them quite a bit. Anyway, the universe will unfold as it must and I'm a lot happier than I was 48 hours ago - even got some sleep last night. :oyea: My thanks to you and the others on their kind words.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:00 am

Hope she gets better soon Monty.

Have a word with your travel agent as they might be able to help postpone your trip. Many wont, but I know of at least one that will in your type of circumstances.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:50 am

Sorry to hear that Monty, but go to Jamaica anyway, even if you've got to store her in the bedroom for the entire holiday. Remember plenty of gaffer tape so the hotel workers can't hear her expletives'... :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 am

Hope it all works out Monty.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Sorry to hear that Monty, but go to Jamaica anyway, even if you've got to store her in the bedroom for the entire holiday. Remember plenty of gaffer tape so the hotel workers can't hear her expletives'... :lol:
I say, I say, I say, my ailing wife and I went on holiday to the West Indies.

Jamaica?

Course I did. We don't have one of those cancellation policies.

Hope you both make it out there, Monty.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Fingers crossed for you Monty, I hope this week brings some improvement.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Hope she's better soon Monty.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:02 pm

How's the wife Monty??

On another note, 15 days ago I set off for work, overtaking a young woman who was too busy texting to drive in a straight line. Too late, I spotted the mobile speed trap parked in the 50mph zone with his camera pointing into the 40 stretch. Tw4t. 15 days later, no notice through the post after crapping myself every time the postie dropped something through the letterbox. So, I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell Lancashire County Council to go Feck themselves. Sideways.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:26 pm

thebish wrote:Image
Think these are a great idea. Like the Osborne Brandy Spanish bulls, they catch attention, look right at home with the surroundings and kids love them. When the Spanish decided they'd pull the bulls down there was a national outcry in protest.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:How's the wife Monty??
Not out of the woods yet. Still coughing a lot. Last Monday the hospital phoned and said another doctor looked at the X-ray again and thought there might be pneumonia. They faxed a prescription for antibiotics. However, my wife said they were not powerful ones - one step above a placebo (not that I'd kmow). This morning another doctor phoned from the hospital saying the urine test came back and there were signs of a urinary tract infection. Another prescription but this time for good stuff - a broad spectrum antibiotic (whatever that is). She can't take them for a couple of days till she's finished the course of the first set. Fingers still crossed for Montego Bay two weeks today.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:07 pm

Got my fingers crossed for you!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:How's the wife Monty??

On another note, 15 days ago I set off for work, overtaking a young woman who was too busy texting to drive in a straight line. Too late, I spotted the mobile speed trap parked in the 50mph zone with his camera pointing into the 40 stretch. Tw4t. 15 days later, no notice through the post after crapping myself every time the postie dropped something through the letterbox. So, I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell Lancashire County Council to go Feck themselves. Sideways.
I don't think Lancashire County Council was remotely responsible for either the texting woman or the police camera trap, nor indeed your failure to spot it 'in time'.
Maybe, just maybe, on review the camera operator sussed what was happening and deliberately ignored your technical excursion outside the limits of the law, and maybe the texter had a fixed penalty notice winging its way!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:52 pm

I doubt it Spots, bearing in mind their fondness for placing the camera in areas that raise the maximum revenue whilst ignoring public safety.