Facts that you have learnt through your own stupidity

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Facts that you have learnt through your own stupidity

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:16 pm

jaffka wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
seanworth wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Hiding on top of the wardrobe in your older sister's bedroom with a view to leaping off and scaring her half to death can go horribly, horribly wrong if she happens to come back with her boyfriend thinking there's no one else in the house......
So did you stay hidden?
I did. I didn't want a tw@tting off him. Or her.
did you film it? :P
Too right....
Businesswoman of the year.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:24 pm

When replacing a lightbulb, the best way of finding out whether you need a screw-in or bayonet cap is NOT by sticking your finger up into the fitting

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm

When getting to work early and you go into the warehouse thinking you are the only one in there doesn't necessarily mean you are the only one in there. It's one thing being caught impersonating Andrea Bocelli badly and loudly but it takes the embarrassment to a whole new level when you have to explain why you've put a high vis jacket around an empty cardboard box and have drawn a dog's face onto it.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Throughout time man has discovered, and evolved upon the shoulders of stupid people. What fruits and seeds are poisonous, whether you can wrestle a shark, and that sticking your penis in a hoover doesn't really simulate a good romp.

Essentially this is a thread dedicated to forummers own contribution to evolution. An 'I survived' Darwin awards if it were.

So post what you have learnt through your own acts of idiocy, forgetfulness and general will to explore the boundaries of man, nature and the universe.

Here's two of my own:

1) If you leave a banana to rot in a laptop bag, the banana ends up smelling exactly like shit. No musty, mouldy smell. Proper shit that makes you heave.

2) If you hit an older kid over the head with a tennis racket and manage to run and escape by hiding under a deckchair. Said deckchair may provide cover but does not vanquish the nature of sound. Therefore shouting 'I'm not here' when your dad is coming to give you a slap on the arse will not make him think that you aren't there. Quite the opposite in fact.

Your turn 8)
Did you make that exact same post on the F365 forum, or are you just passing it off as your own? 8)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Chatting and being over casual while holding jump leads that are already connected to one battery was something I wouldn't do twice.

More painful though was standing up to a bully by telling him to give it his best shot if he fancied his chances :box:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Helping the lid off of a tin of corned beef with your left thumb because the key thingy snapped off 4/5 of the way round isn't smart - as my now deformed, hastily re-attached by Stepping Hill A&E, inner left thumb attests.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Don't try nicking a big swig of your dad's can of pop before checking it's NOT Castrol GTX.

:vomit:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Playing Mr washing machine engineer, taking the top off and shoving your hand inside without remembering to switch the power off. Getting thrown halfway across the room was a serious remeinder how lucky I was to have touched instead of grabbed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Never believe your manager when he tells you there are no buried cables beneath the concrete slab you are about to Jackhammer. The hole blown through the bit from nicking the insulation made me realise what a lucky man I am.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:56 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
seanworth wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Hiding on top of the wardrobe in your older sister's bedroom with a view to leaping off and scaring her half to death can go horribly, horribly wrong if she happens to come back with her boyfriend thinking there's no one else in the house......
So did you stay hidden?
I did. I didn't want a tw@tting off him. Or her.
So you invented dogging then ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Not me, but my Gramps can testify to the dangers of dicking around with a penknife cutting insulation without unplugging the damn thing. Thankfully the only damage was a loud bang and half a penknife. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to resent him for missing Wembley!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:06 am

Battling your way into a nightclub full of CS gas to assist people out, may gain you a couple of pints to help things along the way, but stings the eyes for ages.

Nicking a pair of handcuffs could lead to a 4 hour chase, in the early hours of the morning, and result in your mum calling you up to tell you to "hand yourself in"

Playing with empty petrol cans and an open fire leads to physical damage

Tying a workmate to a chair and putting them in the elevator leads to disciplinary procedures

Drinking coffee and dunking chocolate hob-nobs at 02:00 in the morning, whilst in the house next door to the one you're supposed to be in, gets you surrounded by large people all wanting to dismember you.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:18 am

Worthy4England wrote:Battling your way into a nightclub full of CS gas to assist people out, may gain you a couple of pints to help things along the way, but stings the eyes for ages.

Nicking a pair of handcuffs could lead to a 4 hour chase, in the early hours of the morning, and result in your mum calling you up to tell you to "hand yourself in"

Playing with empty petrol cans and an open fire leads to physical damage

Tying a workmate to a chair and putting them in the elevator leads to disciplinary procedures

Drinking coffee and dunking chocolate hob-nobs at 02:00 in the morning, whilst in the house next door to the one you're supposed to be in, gets you surrounded by large people all wanting to dismember you.
:lol: :lol:

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:02 am

If drunk and for some have the overwhelming urge to brush you teeth, always check it isn't hair removal cream first.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:17 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Throughout time man has discovered, and evolved upon the shoulders of stupid people. What fruits and seeds are poisonous, whether you can wrestle a shark, and that sticking your penis in a hoover doesn't really simulate a good romp.

Essentially this is a thread dedicated to forummers own contribution to evolution. An 'I survived' Darwin awards if it were.

So post what you have learnt through your own acts of idiocy, forgetfulness and general will to explore the boundaries of man, nature and the universe.

Here's two of my own:

1) If you leave a banana to rot in a laptop bag, the banana ends up smelling exactly like shit. No musty, mouldy smell. Proper shit that makes you heave.

2) If you hit an older kid over the head with a tennis racket and manage to run and escape by hiding under a deckchair. Said deckchair may provide cover but does not vanquish the nature of sound. Therefore shouting 'I'm not here' when your dad is coming to give you a slap on the arse will not make him think that you aren't there. Quite the opposite in fact.

Your turn 8)
Did you make that exact same post on the F365 forum, or are you just passing it off as your own? 8)
Both 8)

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:46 am

When taping brake cables under the handlebars of your bike with the handlebar tape; always make sure you've left enough slack on the cable to turn the wheel before going for a ride

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:23 am

Don't fall asleep (whilst drunk) in front of a roaring gas fire, as it may cause you to strip to your Bill Grundys and blister your back.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

Don't go Hedge-Diving in unfamiliar parks in the dark (whilst drunk). You never know when there may be a ten foot drop on the other side.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am

If you set off on your bike with a seventies-style canvas rucksack, make sure the drawstring of said rucksack doesn't dangle down as far as the back wheel.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Never try to iron a shirt for work at 5am whilst naked and with the ironing board set below waist height. :(

:(
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.