Formula 1 2011?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Formula 1 2011?

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Anybody interested? Been paying attention?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Re: Formula 1 2011?

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah love it. But missed what sounded like a cracking race yesterday

Vettel's championship all the way though, sadly

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Yeah love it. But missed what sounded like a cracking race yesterday

Vettel's championship all the way though, sadly
Agreed. Which I think is disappointing for the sport. I'd love to see McLaren or Mercedes challenge though. I would express a desire for Ferrari to fight, but I can't stand Alonso...

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah he's a first-rate c*nt, as they may say around the East End

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:20 pm

I try to watch as much as I can, don't always get chnace though.

The changes they have made this year should make it exciting, but I think they need to go a season where they don't change any rules. It will just end up going too far and they'll be going round in mobility scooters.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 pm

keveh wrote:I try to watch as much as I can, don't always get chnace though.

The changes they have made this year should make it exciting, but I think they need to go a season where they don't change any rules. It will just end up going too far and they'll be going round in mobility scooters.
Well, yeah, hopefully it should be exciting, but I reckon the only way they'll guarantee it is by forcing Adrian Newey into retirement (that's the Red Bull design chief, btw)...those movable rear wings just look weird...

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:36 pm

The China race wasn't televised live here but a recording was shown late on Sunday evening. I'd forgotten about it until, lying in bed doing crosswords trying to stay awake for the football, I flicked on the television to reinforce my efforts - and, viola!, there it was. From what I saw (about the last third) it was indeed good race. Hamilton and Vettel really went at it and, back in the field, there were battles just as interesting. I thought Webber did a magnificent job moving from ninth - I think - when I tuned in to finish a pretty decent third.

I don't know why he was so far back but he had a cracking drive to correct his position.

The crowd for the race seemed somewhat sparse from what I could see. For a race in one of the largest populated cities in the world I thought that, like some others of the newer venues, the FIA schedules its races not for people but for television stations. What's new? I suppose.

I wonder whether the boring 'processions' of the last decade have passed? Sure the Red Bull team has dominated so far this year but, at least to me, there are indications that this might just be changing.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 am

Dujon wrote:I thought Webber did a magnificent job moving from ninth - I think - when I tuned in to finish a pretty decent third.

I don't know why he was so far back but he had a cracking drive to correct his position.
He only qualified in 18th position. To finish 3rd from 18th on the grid was amazing.

A brilliant race, one of the best in years imo. Red Bull got their strategy with Vettel all wrong making just the 2 stops. Oh well, never mind!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Day started bad for me with a Mclaren win and just got worse :)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:42 pm

What's with all the Vettel hate :conf:

He's not like Schuey incarnate. Thank God.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 am

Thanks, Burnden Paddock - I really should pay more attention. :shock:

To Jakerbeef I would suggest that Herr Vettel does not generate 'hate', just a form of disdain from those who recognise him as a damned good driver but are annoyed by his public persona. Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, Jimmy Clark and countless others were also damned good drivers but they didn't carry on like some sort of prima donnas. I have to admit though that there has been a number who were not as graceful as those I have mentioned. The names Prost and Senna come immediately to mind. The sport is littered with the names of those of the same ilk. Most of them (at least those who survived) mellowed as they aged. I'm sure that Sebastian will do the same.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:42 am

Dujon wrote:Lying in bed doing crosswords trying to stay awake for the football, I flicked on the television to reinforce my efforts - and, viola!, there it was.
A bit big to be playing in bed, I would have thought. Does the duvet not muffle the notes? :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:52 am

:oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

Get some Fairy Liquid down on the corners!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way