The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:My legs are killing today. Sad state of affairs after a 28+ min 5k. Haven't been running at all lately though. Feel like an owd chap.
Really annoyed with myself for having stiff legs after only 5K on a piece-of-piss track. Must try harder.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: No I win. I was actually 10 minutes slower than my previous run in that course just 6 months ago!
The band was good though.
:D Band were superb - and I can't remember the last time I drank Newcy Brown all night.
I bet you can't! :D

I feel pretty chuffed with myself when I manage to get up in time for park run. How you both manage to take part as well after a skin full :shock:
Force of habit. Though as our times show - we barely took part at all. ;)

Narr then. What time shall we run on the 28th? Would people like to pitch up at say a leisurely 11:00? Or start at 9:00 and get it out of the way?

One of our Lab Rats has a sideline printing t-shirts, so I'll see if I can get some #toaman t's knocked up in time, but he might well be too busy just now.

So, there'll be;

Me
LE
BP
GtE
HG

and perhaps Beefy.

Any more for any more? LE - what about DP, your kid, CW etc? Don't invite AV though or the whole thing's off. :)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:51 pm

^ A leisurely 11am is probably best for me so I can walk the dog first. If it's 9am I'll have to run with him!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Aye. 11.00 am works for me too.

Cheers.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:16 pm

Earlier today I applied to do the Bolton Half Marathon inSeptember 2017

Anyone feel like joining me?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:22 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Earlier today I applied to do the Bolton Half Marathon inSeptember 2017

£32 is a bit steep but it goes past my house so might as well if it doesn't clash with anything (like Bijou Bob's 4th wedding :lol: )
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Earlier today I applied to do the Bolton Half Marathon inSeptember 2017

£32 is a bit steep but it goes past my house so might as well if it doesn't clash with anything (like Bijou Bob's 4th wedding :lol: )

£32 is a LOT steep. But it's one I haven't done before and with a Start/Finish on Le Mans Crescent should be a good day.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:47 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

£32 is a LOT steep. But it's one I haven't done before and with a Start/Finish on Le Mans Crescent should be a good day.
I'll probably do it again. I hope there's more water on the route this year though.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

I'll probably do it again. I hope there's more water on the route this year though.

Good stuff.

This morning I won my first ever race. Okay so it was a handicap race and fancy dress to boot but. You know, a win's a win.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:55 pm

:oyea: :pissed:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote: Good stuff.

This morning I won my first ever race. Okay so it was a handicap race and fancy dress to boot but. You know, a win's a win.
Beating a bunch of cripples and window-lickers is no victory whatsoever. You should be ashamed of yourself, you bully. :)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Beating a bunch of cripples and window-lickers is no victory whatsoever. You should be ashamed of yourself, you bully. :)
He'll be doing that again on the 28th :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

True enough :lol:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:15 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

True enough :lol:
Some. Not all. X

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:00 am

Well? Is it on?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 am

Yes

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:42 pm

Anyway, for as shit as 2016 was on several fronts, I'll take huge contentedness from it having been the year in which I ran (and completed) my first ever 10K race, aged 50.

If it wasn't for us egging each other on then I doubt that I ever would have. Cheers guys, let's keep at it.

#toaman

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Anyway, for as shit as 2016 was on several fronts, I'll take huge contentedness from it having been the year in which I ran (and completed) my first ever 10K race, aged 50.

If it wasn't for us egging each other on then I doubt that I ever would have. Cheers guys, let's keep at it.

#toaman

2016 was brilliant for me too. Ironman and a succession of pb's culminating in a 10 mile pb just yesterday. Concentrating on shorter distances so looking forward to joining you #toaman on a few parkruns and unlimited sausage. X

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Anyway, for as shit as 2016 was on several fronts, I'll take huge contentedness from it having been the year in which I ran (and completed) my first ever 10K race, aged 50.

#toaman

2016 was brilliant for me too. Ironman and a succession of pb's culminating in a 10 mile pb just yesterday. Concentrating on shorter distances so looking forward to joining you #toaman on a few parkruns and unlimited sausage. X
Very well done on both fronts, mate. :oyea:

There's talk of us trying to step it up to the Bolton Half this year. That's going to require a concerted effort on my part.

If I can do that then I'll be rewarding myself with this.

#toaman :D X

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

#toaman

Very well done on both fronts, mate. :oyea:

There's talk of us trying to step it up to the Bolton Half this year. That's going to require a concerted effort on my part.

If I can do that then I'll be rewarding myself with this.

#toaman :D X

Well I'm already booked. Only three slices of toast!???