The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
Where you off to for x & z?!
Apparently, there is no parkrun beginning with X anywhere in the world. To pick up Z he could visit any of, Zandvlei in South Africa, Zielong Gora in Poland or Zillmere in Brisbane. Better dust off the old passport and invent one beginning with X, LE!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38093
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Apparently, there is no parkrun beginning with X anywhere in the world. To pick up Z he could visit any of, Zandvlei in South Africa, Zielong Gora in Poland or Zillmere in Brisbane. Better dust off the old passport and invent one beginning with X, LE!
Eccles? Oh, er sorry.... :oops:

ae:)
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:40 pm

There's an ecological park I visited in Xochimilco; maybe LE could inaugurate one!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7218
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
Where you off to for x & z?!
Apparently, there is no parkrun beginning with X anywhere in the world. To pick up Z he could visit any of, Zandvlei in South Africa, Zielong Gora in Poland or Zillmere in Brisbane. Better dust off the old passport and invent one beginning with X, LE!
Geek. You have too much time on your hands. Not quite as sad as LE though, I’ll give you that 😉

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
Where you off to for x & z?!
Apparently, there is no parkrun beginning with X anywhere in the world. To pick up Z he could visit any of, Zandvlei in South Africa, Zielong Gora in Poland or Zillmere in Brisbane. Better dust off the old passport and invent one beginning with X, LE!
Geek. You have too much time on your hands. Not quite as sad as LE though, I’ll give you that 😉

You probably haven’t heard of the latest invention in deepest Sussex. It allows you to find out random information. Type the word ‘google’ into your browser! 😜

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8029
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Miaowwww!!!
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8029
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:27 pm

I'll content myself with the UK letters thanks. I'm not THAT geeky!
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35501
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
Where you off to for x & z?!
Cromer-some? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8029
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:22 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 pm
The Isabel Trail parkrun tomorrow near Stafford. I've got so into this geeky collecting that I need a parkrun beginning with I for my alphabet collecting. The only others are Ipswich and Inverness!
2.5k along a flat tarmac path on an old railway line then back again. Boring and featureless but fast and easy presumably.
Where you off to for x & z?!
Cromer-some? :)
:oyea:
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19812
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:41 pm

Kipchoge... wow.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8029
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:41 pm
Kipchoge... wow.
68 seconds per 400m 105 times.
14:10 for 5k 8 and a half times.
Mind boggling stuff.
I don't like the concept, would rather see it done within allowable record parameters in a race, but nothing but respect for Kipchoge. He's had an amazing career, won the world 5000m title in 2003 as a teenager and is now doing this as a 34 year old.
Plus he also holds the legitimate world record, so he's not really stealing anyone's thunder!
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7218
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:41 pm
Kipchoge... wow.
68 seconds per 400m 105 times.
14:10 for 5k 8 and a half times.
Mind boggling stuff.
I don't like the concept, would rather see it done within allowable record parameters in a race, but nothing but respect for Kipchoge. He's had an amazing career, won the world 5000m title in 2003 as a teenager and is now doing this as a 34 year old.
Plus he also holds the legitimate world record, so he's not really stealing anyone's thunder!
It’s insane, can’t believe it’s been done, but good on him, what an achievement.:D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:30 am

I’m hoping for similar media attention if and when I complete the Blackpool 10k today, with a dodgy back and hamstring with almost no training! What can possibly go wrong?

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:30 am
I’m hoping for similar media attention if and when I complete the Blackpool 10k today, with a dodgy back and hamstring with almost no training! What can possibly go wrong?

Be reet.

:wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35501
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:41 pm
Kipchoge... wow.
68 seconds per 400m 105 times.
14:10 for 5k 8 and a half times.
Mind boggling stuff.
I don't like the concept, would rather see it done within allowable record parameters in a race, but nothing but respect for Kipchoge. He's had an amazing career, won the world 5000m title in 2003 as a teenager and is now doing this as a 34 year old.
Plus he also holds the legitimate world record, so he's not really stealing anyone's thunder!
It’s insane, can’t believe it’s been done, but good on him, what an achievement.:D
Exactly, and to those dissing the achievement because he had pacers etc, I say this. Go to the gym, set the treadmill to 13 mph, jump on, hang on to your fecking hat. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest