The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:35 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:13 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:59 pm
Good to get out with HG this evening. Although the hottest day of the year probably wasn’t the wisest choice on which to make my return, after a 4 week lay off. A very gentle 5k in absolutely ridiculous heat! I need a lie down now. 😴
You won't melt, etc etc
I nearly fecking did!

#wankerstoaman
😘

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:50 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Good to get out with HG this evening. Although the hottest day of the year probably wasn’t the wisest choice on which to make my return, after a 4 week lay off. A very gentle 5k in absolutely ridiculous heat! I need a lie down now. 😴
You won't melt, etc etc
I nearly fecking did!

#wankerstoaman
😘
I went for a swim last night. Far more sensible decision I feel. 8)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:18 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:50 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
You won't melt, etc etc
I nearly fecking did!

#wankerstoaman
😘
I went for a swim last night. Far more sensible decision I feel. 8)

Certainly much cooler than I was, which is the one and only time that can be said about you. 😎

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:39 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
6 months back up North and still no invitation...…. :|

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:39 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
I didn’t think you got out of bed for less than 10k?!

More than welcome to join us on Tuesday, mate. LHP 5:30pm on the old police station car park at the start of Blenheim Road.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:13 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

More than welcome to join us on Tuesday, mate. LHP 5:30pm on the old police station car park at the start of Blenheim Road.
Which will be the only time we'll see you if our efforts this Tuesday are anything to go by! Get yourself down - weather permitting of course
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:13 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Which will be the only time we'll see you if our efforts this Tuesday are anything to go by! Get yourself down - weather permitting of course
:whack:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:30 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

I will get over I promise. Tuesdays aren't great for me as I take a group out for Horwich RMI and also IM looming (so there is value in what you say about 5km not being much use to me at the moment)

Doing Leeds tri on Sunday. Do to an email cock up I am still waiting for my start time. Also I can't get a Plus one for Aly. It's all inside Roundhay park this time (apart from a very short stretch on the bike) so it's going to be a radically different race.

I'll be shit. :D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:11 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:29 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

I will get over I promise. Tuesdays aren't great for me as I take a group out for Horwich RMI and also IM looming (so there is value in what you say about 5km not being much use to me at the moment)

Doing Leeds tri on Sunday. Do to an email cock up I am still waiting for my start time. Also I can't get a Plus one for Aly. It's all inside Roundhay park this time (apart from a very short stretch on the bike) so it's going to be a radically different race.

In an ideal world we’d be doing the course Tuesday and Thursday evening, along with Saturday morning. The latter has the added benefit of a post run breakfast!

If it’s distance you’re concerned about, you can always run down from Horwich. 😉 There’s another 5k we sometimes do in westhoughton, which you could feasibly run to. That one is reserved for Saturday mornings and is followed by a trip to the Harvester for unlimited sausage!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:17 pm

All clear to give running a go at the weekend*

*max 1.5km at a speed of 7kmph. Then not again until the following weekend.

Baby steps but at least some steps!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:38 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:11 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:29 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

In an ideal world we’d be doing the course Tuesday and Thursday evening, along with Saturday morning. The latter has the added benefit of a post run breakfast!

If it’s distance you’re concerned about, you can always run down from Horwich. 😉 There’s another 5k we sometimes do in westhoughton, which you could feasibly run to. That one is reserved for Saturday mornings and is followed by a trip to the Harvester for unlimited sausage!
I've got 4 weeks to Ironman. I will definitely be up for some Saturday morning sausage after that. :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:50 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:17 pm

How did you get on?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:48 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:50 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:17 pm

How did you get on?
Not well! Same pain when trotting, which was disappointing. However have upped exercises like cycling and even boxing now, which is helping with the endorphin cravings. The knee/hamstring is definitely getting stronger, though, and hopefully it won't be too long. Another test tomorrow. Though London I think is most certainly out of the window.

Hope the tri went well! Taking my first tentative steps into the discipline with East London Tri at some point soon. Well, two of the three bits, anyway.
Last edited by KeyserSoze on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:50 am

https://twitter.com/parkrunUK/status/14 ... 9333017610

Looks like burning every bridge under the sun by gaslighting local authority health and safety officers has paid off, and we'll get a positive announcement on parkrun's return today. Couldn't be happier

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:59 am

Struggled round a short, slow run this morning. Bit depressing but better then nothing and probably helped burn off some of the calories in the cupcake I had for breakfast afterwards. Going to try getting out running 2 x a week where possible now but we shall see…

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:50 am

Looks like burning every bridge under the sun by gaslighting local authority health and safety officers has paid off, and we'll get a positive announcement on parkrun's return today. Couldn't be happier

Quite a few coming on board this morning, including 2 that I’ve done as a tourist, in the shape of Great Notley and Clair. I’m sure GG will be up for the latter again! 🤔

Great news all round if we get the right announcement later today!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:50 am

Quite a few coming on board this morning, including 2 that I’ve done as a tourist, in the shape of Great Notley and Clair. I’m sure GG will be up for the latter again! 🤔

Great news all round if we get the right announcement later today!
Appreciate it must be fun for the social media bods and all that but by god I wish they would get on with it!

Happy to see my new local Hackney get the go ahead this morning. The first ever parkrun I did, 10 years go! Time don't half fly.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:59 am
Struggled round a short, slow run this morning. Bit depressing but better then nothing and probably helped burn off some of the calories in the cupcake I had for breakfast afterwards. Going to try getting out running 2 x a week where possible now but we shall see…
Nice work gg! Don't matter about time or distance you're still lapping everyone sat on the couch!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 pm

Looks official, per parkrun uk's pet journo, however they f*cking buried that stage 4 caveat in there. :evil:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... -athletics

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 pm
Looks official, per parkrun uk's pet journo, however they f*cking buried that stage 4 caveat in there. :evil:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... -athletics
26th June? Town Hall steps, anyone? :arse:
May the bridges I burn light your way