The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:41 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm
It's a tough call but doing nothing potentially means the end of women's sport as we know it.
All outstanding sportspeople have a biological advantage. If we're going to reduce a participant's testosterone level then it's only fair that we boost every other participant's level so that they're all the same? Absolute nonsense.
So we do away with women's tennis then? All women's track and field events?

That'd be a huge loss to sport and society.

Agree about women's footy though :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed May 01, 2019 11:04 pm

I lost interest in women's sport when Lisa Lindahl launched the 'jockbra'.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
It's a tough call but doing nothing potentially means the end of women's sport as we know it.
All outstanding sportspeople have a biological advantage. If we're going to reduce a participant's testosterone level then it's only fair that we boost every other participant's level so that they're all the same? Absolute nonsense.

No, of course not. How on earth have you read that into anything I've said? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

No, of course not. How on earth have you read that into anything I've said? :conf:
It's the argument that's being made in support of both Semenya and trans gender athletes. Spotty touched on it too. If someone is genetically a man but identifies themselves as a woman, should they compete as a man or a woman? The argument is that gender should be done away with as a classification and there be just 1 100m, 1 shot put, 1 javelin competition etc open to anyone.

Semenya was reported to have both male and female erm characteristics and her testosterone is that of a bloke.

You could choose to identify yourself as a woman and get to play in the world cup with Phil Nevilles lot
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

It's the argument that's being made in support of both Semenya and trans gender athletes. Spotty touched on it too. If someone is genetically a man but identifies themselves as a woman, should they compete as a man or a woman? The argument is that gender should be done away with as a classification and there be just 1 100m, 1 shot put, 1 javelin competition etc open to anyone.

Semenya was reported to have both male and female erm characteristics and her testosterone is that of a bloke.

You could choose to identify yourself as a woman and get to play in the world cup with Phil Nevilles lot
She's a woman. That's all there is too it. Like I said in my OP, do we now disable others because they're genetically advantaged? Furthermore, do athletes who are perhaps lacking in testosterone now qualify for booster injections to create this 'level playing field'.
Perhaps Pat Jennings shouldn't have been allowed to play in goal because he had big hands. It's that ridiculous.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 02, 2019 12:34 pm

I'm not sure it is though. She has xy chromosomes. She's one of the very few "intersex" people who it isn't easy to put in one box or the other.

If she had been xx none of this would apply, I don't think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm

I find almost all women attractive to some degree. I've never felt a twinge on behalf of Miss Caster.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm
I find almost all women attractive to some degree. I've never felt a twinge on behalf of Miss Caster.
:lol: you're a bad man Nucky!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

She's a woman. That's all there is too it. Like I said in my OP, do we now disable others because they're genetically advantaged? Furthermore, do athletes who are perhaps lacking in testosterone now qualify for booster injections to create this 'level playing field'.
Perhaps Pat Jennings shouldn't have been allowed to play in goal because he had big hands. It's that ridiculous.
The statement "She's a woman" is in fact an opinion. Medical science, genetics, and gender studies can all provide evidence to state she is a man. It's not her fault she's built like a brick shithouse, but was the East German's fault that other gender bender athletes were deliberately androgenified.
It's a mess.
As I say, the only sensible solution is to forget about sex and gender and just participate in sport. I still won't beat Castor Semanya, and she won't beat Mo Farah. Tough shit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:12 pm

The statement "She's a woman" is in fact an opinion. Medical science, genetics, and gender studies can all provide evidence to state she is a man. It's not her fault she's built like a brick shithouse, but was the East German's fault that other gender bender athletes were deliberately androgenified.
And what about the Crocodile Dundee test? There, that's fecked you over, hasn't it?! :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

And what about the Crocodile Dundee test? There, that's fecked you over, hasn't it?! :)
Depends how aggressive with the test you are. Quite a few women with XY genetics have at least one of the following: an unusually enlarged clitoris; bollocks residing within the body; both male and female organs fully developed; reduced access to women's 'channels'.
Crocodile Dundee would undoubtedly be confused by some of them, but confusion in his world would be a failure to pass the test. :stalker:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu May 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Must get a bit lonely, Gwendolen!
:drink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:16 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Depends how aggressive with the test you are. Quite a few women with XY genetics have at least one of the following: an unusually enlarged clitoris; bollocks residing within the body; both male and female organs fully developed; reduced access to women's 'channels'.
Crocodile Dundee would undoubtedly be confused by some of them, but confusion in his world would be a failure to pass the test. :stalker:
You appear to be introducing the hermaphrodite into the conversation. That's a separate category again :)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am

Nice to see the girls getting their own motor racing GP.

At least on the track they won't need to do any reversing, or parallel parking.

I know, I know.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:27 am

I know, I know.....
I wonder if they'll allow mirrors so they can check their makeup?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 am
Enoch wrote:

I know, I know.....
Camping over your way tomorrow Spotty at the Duke William in Matlock. Then Bakewell parkrun and a roam around the Peak District.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:08 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:

I know, I know.....
Camping over your way tomorrow Spotty at the Duke William in Matlock. Then Bakewell parkrun and a roam around the Peak District.
Don't forget to race through Matlock on your Harley, then puff on your e-cig in the pub, whilst sitting in Spotty's favourite seat! :wink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:

I know, I know.....
Don't forget to race through Matlock on your Harley, then puff on your e-cig in the pub, whilst sitting in Spotty's favourite seat! :wink:
:whack:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:

I know, I know.....
I’ve heard there’s rain forecast Bolton on Saturday so no park run for you Bond.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:19 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:

I know, I know.....
I’ve heard there’s rain forecast Bolton on Saturday so no park run for you Bond.
My Parkrun aversion to rain is a myth, started by and perpetuated by LE. :whack:

Your aversion to Parkrun is caused by a few hills. Wimp!