The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Since starting all this gym/parkrun malarkey again I've shed about five kilos - down to 90.5kg. Also, this weekend I didn't drink, ate no junk food and smoked far less than I usually do. Felt all the better for it.

Hopefully keep it going and get to the early/mid eighties. Had myself down to 75kg once a few years ago, but that really wasn't healthy looking back on it.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:10 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Since starting all this gym/parkrun malarkey again I've shed about five kilos - down to 90.5kg. Also, this weekend I didn't drink, ate no junk food and smoked far less than I usually do. Felt all the better for it.

Hopefully keep it going and get to the early/mid eighties. Had myself down to 75kg once a few years ago, but that really wasn't healthy looking back on it.
What's that in old money, fatty? :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:Since starting all this gym/parkrun malarkey again I've shed about five kilos - down to 90.5kg. Also, this weekend I didn't drink, ate no junk food and smoked far less than I usually do. Felt all the better for it.

2.2lbs to a kilo, so 11 lbs.

My target weight is about the same, currently 92kg started the year at about 125kg. Peaked at about 132kg last year. :shock:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

My target weight is about the same, currently 92kg started the year at about 125kg. Peaked at about 132kg last year. :shock:
Kinell that's fantastic. Look forward to seeing you on a parkrun.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:25 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Kinell that's fantastic. Look forward to seeing you on a parkrun.
There won't be much of him to see at this rate. Well done Beefy. That's incredible! :pray:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:06 am

Cheers, almost 9 months in so it definitely feels like bad habits have been replaced with good ones now so reckon I can keep it off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:54 am

Beefheart wrote:Cheers, almost 9 months in so it definitely feels like bad habits have been replaced with good ones now so reckon I can keep it off.
I dunno - I cracked over the weekend (admittedly not 9 months in) drank like a fish, ate like a hog and smoked like a chimney...

The scales will be "tentative" at the end of the week. Still, not unhappy with 39lbs off in 5 months. :-)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Cheers, almost 9 months in so it definitely feels like bad habits have been replaced with good ones now so reckon I can keep it off.
I dunno - I cracked over the weekend (admittedly not 9 months in) drank like a fish, ate like a hog and smoked like a chimney...

The scales will be "tentative" at the end of the week. Still, not unhappy with 39lbs off in 5 months. :-)
You're always going to have weekends like that (otherwise what's the point?!), but it's impossible to do too much damage no matter how much you eat and drink.

You're on about the 2lbs a week average 'they say' is what you should aim for as a long term weight loss goal. Congrats!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:

that's pretty impressive offloadage - good job! :oyea:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:38 am

Great stuff beefy - or not so beefy now, I guess. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:44 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Haha. When I get in lifts it often says stuff like 'Maximum Weight 800 Kg. 10 Persons'.

Not in my house it's not. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:46 am

Beefheart wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

You're always going to have weekends like that (otherwise what's the point?!), but it's impossible to do too much damage no matter how much you eat and drink.

You're on about the 2lbs a week average 'they say' is what you should aim for as a long term weight loss goal. Congrats!
Clearly, we've never been eating and drinking in the same place as each other! :-)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Clearly, we've never been eating and drinking in the same place as each other! :-)
'in the space of one weekend' is what I meant!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

'in the space of one weekend' is what I meant!
Yeah, me too! :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Just been for my well man thang. I have BP of 124/68 and a HR of 44 BPM. Apparently that's quite good. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just been for my well man thang. I have BP of 124/68 and a HR of 44 BPM. Apparently that's quite good. :)
I've been meaning to do that since I received a letter after turning 40. Now I'm 41 I'm over it so might as well get checked.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Had a crack at Harrock Hill Race tonight with HG. Nice location in Parbold, surprisingly enjoyable race as well since I've never done a fell race. Hard core fell people poohpooh it but I'll not be hurtling down a scree covered 1 in 3 mountainside any time soon. Parkrun excluded it's the first race I've done for over 2 years so good to get stuck in again.
Cheers to HG for the lift, although I think it was just to make sure I turned up.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:36 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Had a crack at Harrock Hill Race tonight with HG. Nice location in Parbold, surprisingly enjoyable race as well since I've never done a fell race. Hard core fell people poohpooh it but I'll not be hurtling down a scree covered 1 in 3 mountainside any time soon. Parkrun excluded it's the first race I've done for over 2 years so good to get stuck in again.
Cheers to HG for the lift, although I think it was just to make sure I turned up.
Glad you enjoyed it and you're right about the lift! Kicking my arse was bad form though #ungratefulpassenger
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 am

Beefheart wrote:Doing some fundraising for the half marathon with a couple of mates for Bolton Hospice.

Any donations greatly appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... lfmarathon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bump for pay day!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 am

I feckin wish it was payday!

Good luck beefy :)

7.5km run into the office this morning. With some stops. I am tired.