Hard to have any sympathy with this character

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Hard to have any sympathy with this character

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Caddie Steve Williams says he has "wasted two years" after Tiger Woods ended their 12-year partnership.

The New Zealander, who carried Woods' bag for 13 of his 14 major wins, joined the former world number one in 1999.

After being ditched, he told Television New Zealand: "You could say I've wasted the last two years of my life.

"I've stuck with Tiger and been incredibly loyal. I'm not disappointed I've been fired - that's part of the job - but the timing is extraordinary."
Considering he's earned a shedload of dosh over the years for carrying a bag round for a shagger. Read somewhere that caddies get 10% of the winnings!! Unbelievable Jeff!

Not like he'll be out of work for long, the fool.

:whack:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hard to have any sympathy with this character

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:00 pm

And if Woods has earned feck all over the past two years, 10% of that is...........................? :doh:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

That's not the point Brucey, had he worked for Joe Shite and earned bugger all then he could be expected to be bitter as a result of his loyalty not being rewarded, but I bet he's richer than some of the golfers on the Tour, so he's hardly going back to a life on the streets

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:And if Woods has earned feck all over the past two years, 10% of that is...........................? :doh:
$180k apparently. :-)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:25 pm

The New Zealander, who after years working for Woods has become one of his country's wealthiest "sportsmen".
tosser

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:And if Woods has earned feck all over the past two years, 10% of that is...........................? :doh:
10% of nothing = $180,000.

Bloody hell, arithmetic has taken a turn recently.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
10% of nothing = $180,000.

Bloody hell, arithmetic has taken a turn recently.
Using an Inland Revenue calculator I imagine that is correct.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

You've missed the point

When the Woods stuff came out, everyone looked at Williams and said "you must've known." He kept a dignified silence, stood by his pro and sometime friend loyally and ultimately a sacking is the thanks he's got. He had months of people assuming he'd been complicit at some level.

And yes, last time I checked he was the top earning sportsman in New Zealand. Unless some rugby player has exceeded him, it's likely he's still up there.

Anton Fingers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Anton Fingers » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Caddie Steve Williams says he has "wasted two years" after Tiger Woods ended their 12-year partnership.

The New Zealander, who carried Woods' bag for 13 of his 14 major wins, joined the former world number one in 1999.

After being ditched, he told Television New Zealand: "You could say I've wasted the last two years of my life.

"I've stuck with Tiger and been incredibly loyal. I'm not disappointed I've been fired - that's part of the job - but the timing is extraordinary."
Considering he's earned a shedload of dosh over the years for carrying a bag round for a shagger. Read somewhere that caddies get 10% of the winnings!! Unbelievable Jeff!

Not like he'll be out of work for long, the fool.

:whack:
Not at all in fact, as he's now with Adam Scott; a player he knows very well

I do fear you've missed the point though