Boxing Fans Anyone?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Was anyone watching tonight?

WHAT.A.FIGHT.

That's the first time in years that I've paid for a boxing match and not regretted it afterwards. So often it gets to the last three or four rounds and the British fighter needs a knockout that doesn't materialise, but not tonight. I'm properly chuffed that Joshua won it.

I would say that he'll struggle against the likes of Deontay Wilder, and I still think that he might, but then again, even at his age, I don't think that there are many heavyweights out there that are better than Klitschko.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Shows all I know. I reckoned that the further it went on passed round 5, the more Klitschko's chances were improved. As you say - what a fight?! And what an uppercut from Joshua. The thing is though, for me, when Klitschko goes down, can't find either the rope with his hand or even the canvas with his foot - that was the end of the fight. What was ever possibly going to happen by allowing the fight to continue other than Joshua getting him against the ropes and knocking his head in for 10 seconds? I love a good bout, but they should never be allowed to drift into brutality.
May the bridges I burn light your way