Boxing Fans Anyone?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 27, 2014 7:20 pm

Made an absolute wanker of himself at the end of the last fight and has only gone on to to cement his place in 'wankers of the ring' since.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Changed his tact this time around and admitted he has made mistakes such as 'the international superstar' comment.

Grove is a gobby cvnt, I would lamp if I could get near him and land a blow. :lol:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:If there's a bigger pair of wankers in boxing you'll need to point them out to me.
Froch is allowed to be a wanker :lol: He has took on and battered some quality fighters.

Groves has a long way to go before he is allowed to be a wanker 8)

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Joshua on the under card. Watched him in all his professional fights so far. Won all 5 by KO within two rounds. Big things to come in the future for him if he progresses as he should in the heavyweight division.
I like Joshua, he has a level head and certainly has the build and power to be good.

He hasn't fought anyone yet who can punch back though. It's alright having one way fights, he hasn't been tested yet.

Judgement on how he will do, is still reserved.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue May 27, 2014 8:04 pm

jaffka wrote:Changed his tact this time around and admitted he has made mistakes such as 'the international superstar' comment.

Grove is a gobby cvnt, I would lamp if I could get near him and land a blow. :lol:
Not to mention outsprint him. :wink:

They're a pair of cnuts tbf.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
jaffka wrote:Changed his tact this time around and admitted he has made mistakes such as 'the international superstar' comment.

I prob am supporting the lesser cvnt but to me the gap between their cvuntishness is massive.

As for hitting him, if I got close, I would hit him that many times he would think he was surrounded.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:26 pm

jaffka wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

I prob am supporting the lesser cvnt but to me the gap between their cvuntishness is massive.

As for hitting him, if I got close, I would hit him that many times he would think he was surrounded.
If you were a half decent fighter you would only need to hit him once Jaffka :wink: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Could be wrong, but I don't think groves is confident if this. Think he knows he had his chance last time and couldn't finish it.

Seems to be just talking down to Froch and paying no attention to himself. Froch on the other hand is coolness personified. I think his lack of biting is affecting 'Saint' George.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed May 28, 2014 9:30 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

If you were a half decent fighter you would only need to hit him once Jaffka :wink: .
Thanks Dan.

In reality though, I wouldn't be able to land one hit on him and any punches from him would do serious damage to me.

That would apply to most people.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm

boltonboris wrote:Could be wrong, but I don't think groves is confident if this. Think he knows he had his chance last time and couldn't finish it.

Seems to be just talking down to Froch and paying no attention to himself. Froch on the other hand is coolness personified. I think his lack of biting is affecting 'Saint' George.
Yes for all his bluster he must know that he was on his way out when the ref prematurely stopped it. It's done him a favour really, that and Froch's early complacency have earned him a massive payday.
I predict a cagey first half then once Froch goes for him it won't last long.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:28 pm

When is Khan fighting pensioner Mayweather?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 29, 2014 4:54 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:When is Khan fighting pensioner Mayweather?
Pensioner? You having a laugh?

It will be sometime next year. Kahn just wants the fight for his big payday and then will retire.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu May 29, 2014 4:59 pm

well Mayweather is nearly 40. Still whoops the ass of all the kids these days, tho.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 29, 2014 5:01 pm

People who know more than I do still reckon he's the best pound for pound boxer around.

Don't hold out much hope for our Amir.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:People who know more than I do still reckon he's the best pound for pound boxer around.
Something else that I've never understood. :?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu May 29, 2014 5:08 pm

basically a way of comparing boxers' quality across different weight divisions. Obviously you'd never get, say Mayweather (welterweight) in the ring with Ali, Tyson, Froch or people who are heavier, lighter. I think Ring magazine came up with it, just a way to decide who's the best.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 29, 2014 7:13 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:basically a way of comparing boxers' quality across different weight divisions. Obviously you'd never get, say Mayweather (welterweight) in the ring with Ali, Tyson, Froch or people who are heavier, lighter. I think Ring magazine came up with it, just a way to decide who's the best.
Cheers, Keysero, I get that, but what I don't understand is - if you're measuring something 'pound for pound' then you have an exact measurement, which, when applied to judging the abilities of boxers is far from an exact measure which is little more than personal opinion.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 29, 2014 7:24 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:well Mayweather is nearly 40. Still whoops the ass of all the kids these days, tho.
40 is hardly a pensioner though :lol: As for wooping arses.. He should have lost his last fight and a few others over the past year or two. Some of his points wins have been laughable.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:27 pm

His days are numbered, if Khan fought him now I would have money on Khan.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 29, 2014 7:34 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:His days are numbered, if Khan fought him now I would have money on Khan.
Then you would be a silly boy. Kahn has a glass jaw and will never sustain it at the top level which is why he wants his big pay day and then walk away.

Why would anyone bet against someone who has never been beaten? Even if Mayweather has a poor fight the judges will always favour him.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Because I would only bet 1p in patriotism.