Boxing Fans Anyone?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Talk about up and coming fights with the best boxer's Britain has to offer from the likes of Carl Froch, Amir Khan, Nathan Cleverly, Kell Brook, George Groves, James DeGale, Martin Murray, Kevin Mitchell.

One to look out for in 2012 is Chris Eubank Jnr, and i do think Kell Brook will become World Champion but them are just my predictions.
Last edited by Jokers in White on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Carl Froch vs Andre Ward

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Not a big fan of boxing, not since the Benn/ Eubank days and especially after shelling out to watch that Haye v Klitschko fight......biggest load of wank ever.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Not a big fan of boxing, not since the Benn/ Eubank days and especially after shelling out to watch that Haye v Klitschko fight......biggest load of wank ever.
Benn and Eubank were exciting boxers and they had a very intense rivalry plus most of there fights were on itv, so everyone in the country could watch them. These days sky rule the roost, i payed for that fight between Haye v Klitschko it was shite, but not has bad has Haye v Fraudley Harrison fight i couldn't believe what i was watching Harrison landed 3 punches on haye then he got ko'd in the 3rd round and still got 1m. Froch is good to watch mate i only watch the best plus he's british, this ward is good too not been beaten yet and the american's rate him has the best pound for pound boxer in the world, which makes this fight a ''must watch'' it won't be boring.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Hmmm, still not convinced.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Hmmm, still not convinced.
http://youtu.be/uEj5NFuD7hU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Carl Froch

http://youtu.be/otljz2JMY_g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Andre Ward

What you think? I picked out ward's best fight which was this year, he beat the guy who beat froch on points in his only defeat of his career impressive stuff. That's the best of froch in that short highlights clip above.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Gail Platz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 pm

I watch the 'big' fights but tend to stay away from the heavyweights as they are all complete jokers. I watched Tyson Fury vs. some other bloke the other week on channel 5 and it was awful, it was like watching two piss heads come out The Swan at 3am and start scrapping on Bradshawgate.

Will try and stay up for the Khan fight as I'm a big fan of his but it's a bit of a pain in the arse when you never know what time he'll be starting.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I watch the 'big' fights but tend to stay away from the heavyweights as they are all complete jokers. I watched Tyson Fury vs. some other bloke the other week on channel 5 and it was awful, it was like watching two piss heads come out The Swan at 3am and start scrapping on Bradshawgate.

Will try and stay up for the Khan fight as I'm a big fan of his but it's a bit of a pain in the arse when you never know what time he'll be starting.
:lol: you are not wrong there, it was never that bad 10 years ago in town but there are so many foreigners in bolton now that alot of them go in town to cause trouble. Tyson Fury is wank he punches in slow motion, i saw that fight too it was a joke Fury gets knocked down first then the round after the ref jumps in to stop the fight the other guy was fine. I think the Khan fight will be around 2am in the morning tough fight for him but will out punch Peterson so will win on a points decision, well that's what i think :)

You follow Carl Froch mate? that will be a good night next sat, with Kell Brook on the undercard too hopefully the 2 brits will win.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Never actually seen Froch while he's never on Sky Sports but I've seen Kell Brook a couple of times and he looks pretty good.

I wish boxing was on more often, it makes great Saturday night viewing!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 am

See Amir got beat last night.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:See Amir got beat last night.
His mind was obviously wandering to thinking about a possibly fight with Mayweather... :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm hearing that it was a controversial points decision - can anyone elaborate?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm hearing that it was a controversial points decision - can anyone elaborate?
Haven't seen any facts, but it would be far from the first time happening in America. They used to say you'd have to knck an American fighter out twice to even have any chance of a verdict over there.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm hearing that it was a controversial points decision - can anyone elaborate?
Yes - controversial means there were differing opinions about it.

Points decision means that it was the judges who scored it.

Always happy to help. :-)

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 pm

It was a fair decision, but this peterson is no mug hes a very good boxer. Khan should of put a future fight with mayweather to the back of his mind and instead concentrate on the job in hand. The result was no shock to me, but i do think that a rematch is on the cards.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Yes - controversial means there were differing opinions about it.

Points decision means that it was the judges who scored it.

Always happy to help. :-)
Well that's cleared that up then.

c*nt! :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Never actually seen Froch while he's never on Sky Sports but I've seen Kell Brook a couple of times and he looks pretty good.

I wish boxing was on more often, it makes great Saturday night viewing!
Only recently have sky sports signed Carl Froch up which is a shame because this lad can box, he was always in the shadows of Joe Calzaghe but with him now retired he's in the lime light more. He was on ITV for years then primetime when this super 6 started, but because he has got to the final sky wanted a piece of him and eddie hearn is his promoter now so that lets him concentrate more on his boxing than the other stuff which surrounds big fight build ups.

Kell Brook is a world champion in the making he has it all, he is abit like mayweather confident very slick and also a very good counter puncher. Still unbeaten too and he is getting better with each fight, now that sky have him to there's alot to look forward too next year and hopefully more saturday night fights.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:08 am

Froch beaten unanimously.......ain't British boxing brilliant.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Froch beaten unanimously.......ain't British boxing brilliant.
It was a good fight, Ward was just too good on the night. On the upside though Kell Brook won by tko so it aint all bad.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:53 am

The Froch fight was very good. AW was too good for him, but as Froch admitted afterwards, he was too eager. He should have stepped back and took his time instead of franticaly trying to knock out Ward when close up. Froch was also too open, Ward caught him at will with the left hook and was good following up with a little uppercut with the right. On another night who knows? Froch will be back, but needs to be quicker, cuter, better at covering when he lets a jab go, cos he's wide open to a counter puncher and he needs to find a way of getting rid of the nervousness which holds him back in the first 5 rounds of every fight.

Kell Brook was good, but again, caught with some punches he shouldn't be taking & a more experienced opponent & heavier puncher could have really p*ssed on his fireworks. He's great going forward but needs to know how to move on the backfoot. Admittedly, he moves his head so well, he doesn't have to do a great deal on the backfoot; but there will be a time when it's needed or he'll find himself in deep water. A superb prospect, but all this talk of a world title shot in the next two or three fights is pure bollox. Let him have a few fights in America with some good journeymen & a couple of Mexicans before talking about word titles.

And the boxer to watch in 2012? Chris Eubank's lad is going to be worrying a lot of domestic and european s. middleweights in the year to come.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:38 pm

We still have Tyson Fury :oyea:

I like watching his fights, he is entertaining, always somehow gets into trouble but has somehow managed to come through.

His afterfight interviews are best though, the thick manc c**t. :lol: