thebish's TW blood-o-swing-ometer

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: thebish's TW blood-o-swing-ometer

Post by clapton is god » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Very enjoyable afternoon tea at Ordsall Hall today in company with the Blood and Transfusion Service and 20 or so doners who had reached the 100 milestone. An inspiring talk given by a young man who's own life was saved by transfusion and his wife's life has now been saved twice (during two separate pregnancies) and he has now devoted his own life to awareness on blood donation. He runs, climbs, walks etc all for sponsorship but wants your blood not your money. In fact that's his hashtag #bloodnotmoney.

Re my HG levels, which dropped to 113 at the end of the interval study, I had another blood test this week and my levels are up over 160 now.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:23 pm

clapton is god wrote:Image

Very enjoyable afternoon tea at Ordsall Hall today in company with the Blood and Transfusion Service and 20 or so doners who had reached the 100 milestone. An inspiring talk given by a young man who's own life was saved by transfusion and his wife's life has now been saved twice (during two separate pregnancies) and he has now devoted his own life to awareness on blood donation. He runs, climbs, walks etc all for sponsorship but wants your blood not your money. In fact that's his hashtag #bloodnotmoney.

Re my HG levels, which dropped to 113 at the end of the interval study, I had another blood test this week and my levels are up over 160 now.

genuinely - fantastic! you are a proper hero and deserve the honour and the recognition! :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Wonderful, Clapton. Bravo. You've just reminded me - I've had a text to say that they're low on my group. Better sort an appointment out.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Congratulations Clappers. I just hit the 25 milestone.

I got an email. :cry: :|