New Year...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: New Year...

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Had a quiet-ish night, few drinks, bit of music, ham and mustard buns then spent time on Skype with eldest lad and daughter-in law in U.S.A. to see in the New Year. Plenty fireworks in evidence here and the dog going mental till they finished. Five o'clock in the evening in L.A,
gorgeous sky and their garden thermometer showing 80 degrees. How they must envy all that cold rain pxssing on us here. Anyway, Happy New Year to all.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Happy New Year to everyone.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I have to say that the fireworks in London were one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. 30 tons of pyrotechnics apparently. Incredible to watch, absolutely incredible.
I've never 'got' fireworks (except for the airbomb repeaters that we used to firebomb Su's chippy with when we were kids)
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:23 pm

its depressing, back to work tomorrow with feck all too look forward to but a long dark wait for summer.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:36 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:its depressing, back to work tomorrow with feck all too look forward to but a long dark wait for summer.
cheer up! Easter eggs will be in the shops next week! :wink:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

thebish wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:its depressing, back to work tomorrow with feck all too look forward to but a long dark wait for summer.
They already are in Bury Tesco. :shock:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 pm

thebish wrote:
They were always in the stockroom of Woolworths before Christmas when I worked there.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Just found the BBC firework footage on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1yLRK2M8YQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome, but I dread to think how much they cost!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:05 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:New Years Eve always comes across as hugely disappointing. The build-up, the countdown and then oh well another year over with. Just an anti-climax. I think it is built-up to be something it cannot ever live up to be.

Bradshaw Cricket Club for me tonight. Family fun - Games, disco, buffet, fireworks. Roll on tomorrow.

But I am probably the most miserable man in Bolton.
They found a body in the river just up from Latino Lounge on Boxing Day. Looks like they'll be finding another tomorrow! :hang:
I was in Latino Lounge on Christmas Eve. I wonder if he was sat at the next table to me?

Happy New Year to everyone!
And now it seems a car leaving said restaurant crashed into the connie club up the road on NYE.

Jinxed round there I tell yer.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Wandering Willy wrote: And now it seems a car leaving said restaurant crashed into the connie club up the road on NYE.

Jinxed round there I tell yer.
Really? What time? Walked past the connie at about 7 o'clock, then back past at about 11 and saw nay signs of crash-age. :conf:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Not sure of the time. Saw the damage on New Years Day in the morning when I walked past. Talked to the bloke who lives about 3 doors further on and he said it was late the night before.

You'll notice one of the bollards is missing from in front of the club.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Ah right, I'll have a nosey look int' morning. It's always dark when I drive past at the mo'.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Can give you the full story on this now as it turns out that a couple that my mates gf knows were passengers in the car. They'd been to the LL and were waiting for a taxi that didn't come, so one of the waiters offered them a lift. He lost control of the car on the bend outside the Conny, thus smashing into the posts outside and into next door's garden. Turns out he was 4 & 1/2 the DD limit.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 pm

4.5 times the limit ? Jeez, that's a lot.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:25 pm

That really is a skinfull, isn't it?! Bearing in mind that some'll have worn off too :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:That really is a skinfull, isn't it?! Bearing in mind that some'll have worn off too :shock:
Not totally relevant, but you just reminded me of freak accident that happened to some friends of ours a couple of years back, with no alcohol involved: Guy across the road from them got in his car to come out of his drive. It was a wet morning and his foot slipped off the accelerator and under the brake pedal. He instinctively jumped on the brake and this pushed his other foot down on the gas pedal. He shot down his drive, across the road and through the breeze-block garden wall, across their lawn and buried the car's front end in the brickwork under their bay window. Luckily, no kids or other traffic were about at the time.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Can give you the full story on this now as it turns out that a couple that my mates gf knows were passengers in the car. They'd been to the LL and were waiting for a taxi that didn't come, so one of the waiters offered them a lift. He lost control of the car on the bend outside the Conny, thus smashing into the posts outside and into next door's garden. Turns out he was 4 & 1/2 the DD limit.
Anyone hurt?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Bizarrely enough, it may not all have been in his system. I've worked in rural areas where DD is almost a norm, and the locals know if you neck it quick, it doesn't always show up on the breathalyser. For shame I've been in a car with a lad who necked 4 pints of Stella and passed the blow test.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Four and a half x is about 160mg. The highest reading I ever had was 224mg and that was an 18yr old girl who was celebrating her exam passes. She wanted to fight too! She was followed by the comedian Stu Francis who was concerned about her driving and called her in. Generally, if you blow above 200 you are suicidal.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Can give you the full story on this now as it turns out that a couple that my mates gf knows were passengers in the car. They'd been to the LL and were waiting for a taxi that didn't come, so one of the waiters offered them a lift. He lost control of the car on the bend outside the Conny, thus smashing into the posts outside and into next door's garden. Turns out he was 4 & 1/2 the DD limit.
Anyone hurt?
Busted ribs, I believe. The vehicle involved is currently parked down the bottom corner of the LL car park.