Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:48 pm

I've got C4 news on. There are grown men camping out on the streets of Britain so that they can buy a new computer game thingy that comes out at midnight. However, they're not kipping out so as to secure said item for their kids' Christmas box - they're buying them for themselves! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've got C4 news on. There are grown men camping out on the streets of Britain so that they can buy a new computer game thingy that comes out at midnight. However, they're not kipping out so as to secure said item for their kids' Christmas box - they're buying them for themselves! :shock:

imagine!! when they could be drooling over kitchen equipment! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:51 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I've got C4 news on. There are grown men camping out on the streets of Britain so that they can buy a new computer game thingy that comes out at midnight. However, they're not kipping out so as to secure said item for their kids' Christmas box - they're buying them for themselves! :shock:

:conf:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

They should be downing pints at a rate of knots. The tossers! :grin:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

Not as fast as me ;)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

Not as fast as me ;)

Nope. You're the boss!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:23 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Oh and while we are on fb annoyances, it stuns me how many of my friends are so ridiculously gullible. No, you won't get a free iPad or £500 Asda voucher if you share this status. Oh and the annoying share or you don't care - usually to do with our heroic armed forces or post about what colour bra you're wearing to help prevent breast cancer.... :wall:
Oh my big bug bear that one. Can you help get this kid 1million likes and beat cancer? You sure he wouldn't prefer medicine and stuff? :crazy:
'97% of my friends won't share this. Let's see who does.'

Yes, cos clearly 97% of your friends are not morons like you, you idiot!
Also, game requests on Facebook are like having the Jehovah's Witnesses turn up.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:26 am

I think I've said before but I decline all those little adverts on the right on Facebook. When you do s pop up comes up adking why you're deleting it. I ALWAYS click the "it's sexually explicit" reason.

Must confuse the stats fior Oxfam or SpecialK ever so slightly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:23 am

We have three Indians over from our Indian factory now, one of whom is Hindu. Yesterday one of our lot took them for a butty. The Hindu points at a beef salad barm and say he'd like that one. Our lad replies "No, you can't have that one, it's beef, cow" to which he replied "It's OK, I'm in England now". Oh, so the all-seeing eye isn't able to see you when you're over here is it not? :conf:

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 am

Found out who our new owners are. It's private equity. Should be an interesting few months!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Not Mrs Bob decided to visit Asda this morning, as someone had tipped her off that as it's Black Friday, all of their x Box games were half price. She trooped along to the Fleetwood store to find utter carnage. People fighting in the aisles, a woman screaming at a shop assistant who had given one bloke the last 3 half price tablet computers and lots of trades people carrying three or four TV's and microwaves in trolleys.

Ten minutes after she got back, I popped into town and the bloke who owns the shop I went into, was telling me his wife had been up at 7 to get to Asda in Blackpool. Apparently, there was all out war as soon as they opened the doors. The security guard has been taken to hospital with 4 suspected broken fingers, a bloke bit a woman who had picked up the TV he wanted, to make her let go and there were people diving full length on the mobile phone section to grab as many boxes as they could carry.

I'm not angry, or sad. Personally, I think it's pathetic but very indicative of the sort of society we live in.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:We have three Indians over from our Indian factory now, one of whom is Hindu. Yesterday one of our lot took them for a butty. The Hindu points at a beef salad barm and say he'd like that one. Our lad replies "No, you can't have that one, it's beef, cow" to which he replied "It's OK, I'm in England now". Oh, so the all-seeing eye isn't able to see you when you're over here is it not? :conf:
It's because, Bruce, the cows are sacred, not the meat. They can eat the meat if some heathen culture decides that their cows aren't sacred and slaughters them willy nilly.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:We have three Indians over from our Indian factory now, one of whom is Hindu. Yesterday one of our lot took them for a butty. The Hindu points at a beef salad barm and say he'd like that one. Our lad replies "No, you can't have that one, it's beef, cow" to which he replied "It's OK, I'm in England now". Oh, so the all-seeing eye isn't able to see you when you're over here is it not? :conf:
It's because, Bruce, the cows are sacred, not the meat. They can eat the meat if some heathen culture decides that their cows aren't sacred and slaughters them willy nilly.
Ah right. Thanks for the explanation. Sounds a little gerrymandered on their part, that one.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Not Mrs Bob decided to visit Asda this morning, as someone had tipped her off that as it's Black Friday, all of their x Box games were half price. She trooped along to the Fleetwood store to find utter carnage. People fighting in the aisles, a woman screaming at a shop assistant who had given one bloke the last 3 half price tablet computers and lots of trades people carrying three or four TV's and microwaves in trolleys.

Ten minutes after she got back, I popped into town and the bloke who owns the shop I went into, was telling me his wife had been up at 7 to get to Asda in Blackpool. Apparently, there was all out war as soon as they opened the doors. The security guard has been taken to hospital with 4 suspected broken fingers, a bloke bit a woman who had picked up the TV he wanted, to make her let go and there were people diving full length on the mobile phone section to grab as many boxes as they could carry.

I'm not angry, or sad. Personally, I think it's pathetic but very indicative of the sort of society we live in.
:shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:36 pm

I keep hearing about 'Black Friday'. What on earth is it?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I keep hearing about 'Black Friday'. What on earth is it?
You sound like my brother.

Another American thing....Friday after thanksgiving, they have massive sales....kinda like our Boxing Day sales...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:39 pm

It's an American shopping phenomenon, whereby the Friday after Thanksgiving Thursday is devoted to Mammon, Sales and Shopping. It's been imported here, like Halloween and all the other tacky Yank crap...

(sorry, AG got there.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Apparently (according to those that know...ie, women) it's a big cut-price, end of month after Thanksgiving sell off following an American trend. Massive reductions on lots of items prompting a "January Sales" sort of thing. Daughter rang the wife last night to see if she fancied going to Asda....at 5-am. :shock: Wife, wisely told her no thanks.

Just seen the other replies, too late....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Think it's this...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:12 pm

So what's it doing in Fleetwood? Do they have Thanksgiving that they're not quite in Morecambe? More American bollocks infiltrating our way of life. I suppose that Asda are at the forefront of this, are they? Being as they're owned by Walmart? Well they can feck off. Tesco have got some sensational offers on wine and they've sent me a booze voucher worth £7.50. That works for me. ;)