Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Today I had what can only be described as a weird experience.

I reversed my car into a parking space between two cars parked forwards.

I NOW know that, as I got into position and stopped moving the car to my right began to move off. So .... I had stopped but, in relative terms the same movement was occurring. My brain didn't compute this for 2 or 3 seconds as I re-applied the hand-brake and squashed my leg even harder on the brake.

Only once she moved far enough and broke the image did I realise I was no longer moving.

Damn near cacked myself.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Today I had what can only be described as a weird experience.

I NOW know that, as I got into position and stopped moving the car to my right began to move off. So .... I had stopped but, in relative terms the same movement was occurring. My brain didn't compute this for 2 or 3 seconds as I re-applied the hand-brake and squashed my leg even harder on the brake.

Only once she moved far enough and broke the image did I realise I was no longer moving.

Damn near cacked myself.

oh yes - exactly the same has happened to me - PANIC!! :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Today I had what can only be described as a weird experience.

Damn near cacked myself.
Had that happen to me as well.....very weird feeling....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Damn near cacked myself.
Always freaks me out when a neighbouring car/train/boat/plane moves. Thought it was just me - until now. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Damn near cacked myself.
Always freaks me out when a neighbouring car/train/boat/plane moves. Thought it was just me - until now. :D
Same :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Budgeting for FY 14/15. Has anyone got a bin liner full of random numbers that I can borrow please?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Budgeting for FY 14/15. Has anyone got a bin liner full of random numbers that I can borrow please?

http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Budgeting for FY 14/15. Has anyone got a bin liner full of random numbers that I can borrow please?

Oh that's just brilliant. Can there be a more random number between 1 and 100,000 than 82128? No there can't. :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

Oh that's just brilliant. Can there be a more random number between 1 and 100,000 than 82128? No there can't. :D
Random? It's a palindrome.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

And how exactly does that disqualify it from being random?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

And how exactly does that disqualify it from being random?
It doesn't. It just means it's a lucky budget. (Don't forget to post on superstition thread.)

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Same

I was but I am no longer angered by others though when it comes to this, it was detrimental to health.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:37 pm

A bit angry, a bit impressed, rather irritated.

I have bird feeders ... as per previous discussions. We get a wide variety of birds, and that's nice.

We also have squirrels. I've seen 3 individuals ... who knows if there are more. I know they are pests, vermin even, but they have their place in the World and, unless I get overrun, or they start doing damage, leave them be. They certainly don't seem to intimidate the birds.

A coupe of weeks ago one of them worked out how to flip the lid of the peanut holder. It had taken them a good while, well over a year, so there you go. I bought a new one, with a screw-lid, so they wouldn't be doing that again. Sorted.

No it isn't.

The holder went from about 1/3 full to empty in a matter of half an hour. I went to look and they have bitten through some of the wire, pulled it back so there's a 1" x 0.5" 'post-box'. The little sods then tipped the holder over and the nuts were poured out into a plant-pot beneath.

I've mended the hole with wire and we now have to see how long before another breach.

Pesky varmints.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:A bit angry, a bit impressed, rather irritated.

I have bird feeders ... as per previous discussions. We get a wide variety of birds, and that's nice.

We also have squirrels. I've seen 3 individuals ... who knows if there are more. I know they are pests, vermin even, but they have their place in the World and, unless I get overrun, or they start doing damage, leave them be. They certainly don't seem to intimidate the birds.

A coupe of weeks ago one of them worked out how to flip the lid of the peanut holder. It had taken them a good while, well over a year, so there you go. I bought a new one, with a screw-lid, so they wouldn't be doing that again. Sorted.

No it isn't.

The holder went from about 1/3 full to empty in a matter of half an hour. I went to look and they have bitten through some of the wire, pulled it back so there's a 1" x 0.5" 'post-box'. The little sods then tipped the holder over and the nuts were poured out into a plant-pot beneath.

I've mended the hole with wire and we now have to see how long before another breach.

Pesky varmints.
More power to their little arms...at least they're working hard for their food, unlike the Romanian blue tits who you're giving handouts to. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Trying to upload a 30Mb file to a business website over BT lines. At 122 KiB per sec. That'll be 70 hours then... :hang:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:29 pm

can you not compress the file?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Trying to upload a 30Mb file to a business website over BT lines. At 122 KiB per sec. That'll be 70 hours then... :hang:
do you do these things as some kind of bizarre personal challenge??? couple of weeks ago you decided to download a 400,000 page pdf book one page at a time!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:35 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:can you not compress the file?
It is, tis zipped. Plus the format is prescriptive, it has to be in a specified format because the recipient's IT department are twonks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:35 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Trying to upload a 30Mb file to a business website over BT lines. At 122 KiB per sec. That'll be 70 hours then... :hang:
do you do these things as some kind of bizarre personal challenge??? couple of weeks ago you decided to download a 400,000 page pdf book one page at a time!
That was pleasure, this is work. :P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm

thebish wrote: couple of weeks ago you decided to download a 400,000 page pdf book one page at a time!
and I haven't finished doing that yet. I grew very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bored after about page 130.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください