Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:00 pm
I've had to put the heating on... It's fxcking cold indoors. Supposedly death heat this weekend and I'm shivering.
Beautiful down south today. I’ve spent it umpiring U10 girls cricket this afternoon in the sunshine. Been horrendously humid the last few days though with flash flooding here. The British summertime never fails to surprise... Probably be snow storms next.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:00 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I've had to put the heating on... It's fxcking cold indoors. Supposedly death heat this weekend and I'm shivering.
Beautiful down south today. I’ve spent it umpiring U10 girls cricket this afternoon in the sunshine. Been horrendously humid the last few days though with flash flooding here. The British summertime never fails to surprise... Probably be snow storms next.
Cricket! - southern youngsters get all the benefits! Up here the ski jump competition was called off because the slope was iced over.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:00 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Cricket! - southern youngsters get all the benefits! Up here the ski jump competition was called off because the slope was iced over.
:lol:

More of a rounders girl myself tbh: Cricket = :zzz:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Just proceeded into 'town' [Chesterfield being the nearest large Metropolis] to arrange an upgrade to my wife's phone. I took the wife. And her stoneage phone.
The idea was to get her an identical phone to mine, and thereby I could seamlessly teach her the joys and wonder of the internet age!
Only, my phone (which was just released, as new as new could be, in November 2018), a Nokia 7.1 run on Android One using Oreo 8 is no longer available.
We were sold instead a Nokia 4.2. It still runs on Android One but uses Pie 9.
Guess what, despite the saleswoman's assurances that we wouldn't notice anyfxckingdifferencewahatsfxckinever, as soon as she turned it on I couldn't find the triangle/circle/square that sits at the bottom of my phone - instead is a 'pill'. And no matter how many times I prod, press, swipe, spit on said pill, will it fxck do what I want it to? Will it bollox.
Her phone, however, recognises her mush, and turns itself on everytime she beams at it. Progress of sorts I suppose...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:39 pm

Settings
System
Gestures
Then switch off "Swipe Up on Home Button".

You're welcome.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:39 pm
Settings
System
Gestures
Then switch off "Swipe Up on Home Button".

You're welcome.
Excellent. Are you standing for PM, coz you've got my vote... :pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Oh, the joys of never having to work again!
Walking the dog today I've been invited to:
Volunteer to post Brexit pamphlets in my area - like it's not his fxcking area.
To join Knit and Knatter in the Community Centre - I'd prefer to Poke My Eyes Out with a burnt needle.
To come and visit 'our Soup & Soul' morning at a local church - do fxck off, do I look that unkempt?
To help man the crossing for the infant's school - It didn't go down well when I pointed out that for the last 15 years at minimum, the fxcking crossing had been exclusively 'womaned'.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:54 pm
To join Knit and Knatter in the Community Centre - I'd prefer to Poke My Eyes Out with a burnt needle.
To come and visit 'our Soup & Soul' morning at a local church - do fxck off, do I look that unkempt?
To help man the crossing for the infant's school - It didn't go down well when I pointed out that for the last 15 years at minimum, the fxcking crossing had been exclusively 'womaned'.
Heh, heh.....welcome to old age Spots. :lol: I used to think it was only women who nattered and exchanged gossip and stuff, guess what....it ain't, I look round corners from behind trees and bushes and stuff before proceeding, with all the cunning and stealth of an Andy McNab trainee. :D ...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:54 pm
Heh, heh.....welcome to old age Spots. :lol: I used to think it was only women who nattered and exchanged gossip and stuff, guess what....it ain't, I look round corners from behind trees and bushes and stuff before proceeding, with all the cunning and stealth of an Andy McNab trainee. :D ...
I'm just beginning to realise we need a government sponsored training course: "how to navigate entering old age comfortably..." :evil:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm just beginning to realise we need a government sponsored training course: "how to navigate entering old age comfortably..." :evil:
Can't be done buddy. It's a minefield out here. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Yaxley-Lennon's been given nine months. Should keep that c*nt quiet for a while :)

Here's a photo of his house, look. :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Reading Michelle Obama's book and did a double take when I came across "and as with any game, like most any kid, I was happiest when I was ahead".

Googled it to find pages of Americans arguing about what "most any" means and trying to distinguish it from "almost any". Lord above, it's "I could care less" all over again!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm
Reading Michelle Obama's book and did a double take when I came across "and as with any game, like most any kid, I was happiest when I was ahead".

Googled it to find pages of Americans arguing about what "most any" means and trying to distinguish it from "almost any". Lord above, it's "I could care less" all over again!
Behold! The field in which I grow my feck*. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren. :)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:03 pm

I'm gutted for Tamara.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 am

Animals. Why do we have them? Currently stressed out about the dogs health issues and have to make some tricky decisions and now a chicken I thought was dead is in fact *just* dying. I know she’s likely dying, I know it’s probably best she’s pts and the vets receptionist said I can bring her in for that or I can take her in for an appointment and they can try and treat her, however given most vets know less about chicken health then me and chickens don’t tend to recover from whatever’s ailing them it would probably be wasted money we can ill afford given the dogs health. But then I feel bad that I might not have done best by her. :cry:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 am
Animals. Why do we have them? Currently stressed out about the dogs health issues and have to make some tricky decisions and now a chicken I thought was dead is in fact *just* dying. I know she’s likely dying, I know it’s probably best she’s pts and the vets receptionist said I can bring her in for that or I can take her in for an appointment and they can try and treat her, however given most vets know less about chicken health then me and chickens don’t tend to recover from whatever’s ailing them it would probably be wasted money we can ill afford given the dogs health. But then I feel bad that I might not have done best by her. :cry:
Was thinking of a couple of witty replies to the chicken thing but thought no don't, I actually sympathise with your problem.
See, I've just spent about £25 to humanely catch a bloody rat so we could release it back into the wild somewhere, fortunately with a bit of work blocking anywhere for it to go and keep moving stuff around the garden (apparently they don't like that) it seems to have done one.
Softy at heart :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:37 am
Was thinking of a couple of witty replies to the chicken thing but thought no don't, I actually sympathise with your problem.
See, I've just spent about £25 to humanely catch a bloody rat so we could release it back into the wild somewhere, fortunately with a bit of work blocking anywhere for it to go and keep moving stuff around the garden (apparently they don't like that) it seems to have done one.
Softy at heart :wink:
Ahhh, Hoboh’s softer side. Think we need to see more of this! We have a bit of a rat problem in our back garden. We live on the edge of a village right next to a field with a stream and keep chickens so I suppose it’s inevitable. One jumped on my leg the other day. Keep meaning to put more poison down but feel a bit sorry for them :oops:

Made the decision to have the chicken pts. :( I know thousands get killed for meat every day but it’s a bit different when it’s your pet.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:30 pm

My fault, I know, but 57 on St Peter's Way? What happened to 10% + 3?

Get some fecking burglars caught etc etc.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Got a job interview with Crawley Town FC next week. 2 free tickets to every home match if I get it. First come, first served next season guys ;)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 pm
Got a job interview with Crawley Town FC next week. 2 free tickets to every home match if I get it. First come, first served next season guys ;)

Good luck with the interview. Only down the road for me and Domingos too! :D