Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

I suppose if one were to sit down and analyse it, Bish, then I'm sure that'll stack up. Just doesn't seem fair though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I suppose if one were to sit down and analyse it, Bish, then I'm sure that'll stack up. Just doesn't seem fair though.
like I said - the explanation is no comfort and doesn't take away the feeling of injustice...

I suspect that there is no disproportionate distribution of bad stuff to "good" people over "scumbags" - that the shit falls on both alike...

the "effects" of shit happening CAN sometimes be alleviated by wealth - (better health care etc...) - and MAYBE some of that is ill-gotten gains...(scumbags!) and it is true that poor people are disproportionately affected by shit falling - simply because they don't have the same resources to deal with it (but "poor" and "good" are not always the same thing!)

I guess I have a real struggle to maintain a world-view (or a theological view) that sees these kinds of event as anything OTHER than simply random...

but - explanation/theory never takes away the pain of loss.....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:It's not, Bish, no. This has all happened within the past few weeks.
(
Heck of a coincidence then (though I did notice the Tony/Alex distinction) - or perhaps the two stories got confused at your office. Nothing much to say that hasn't been said. Only our own lives are within our control, and even than we can't control Bish's random factor.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:It's not, Bish, no. This has all happened within the past few weeks.
(
Heck of a coincidence then (though I did notice the Tony/Alex distinction) - or perhaps the two stories got confused at your office. Nothing much to say that hasn't been said. Only our own lives are within our control, and even than we can't control Bish's random factor.
There's quite a big age difference too, Monty.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
(
I didn't know Tony's age but was thinking of jobless, six year old daughter, suicide, BN, etc. Rest in peace both of them, since there was apparently no peace here.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
(
I didn't know Tony's age but was thinking of jobless, six year old daughter, suicide, BN, etc. Rest in peace both of them, since there was apparently no peace here.
No I know you don't, Monty, and I apologise if my remark came across as being a little shirty - that wasn't my intention. Both/all cases are just so very, very sad that they see nothing other than an unbearable future.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:We don't have a 'I'm a bit upset' thread so I'll put this in here. For about the past year this guy's turned up in reception at our place asking if we've any jobs going? It's quite a common occurrence for people to do this, but this one guy's been particularly persistent to a point of jokes (such as he'll be coming on the Christmas do despite him not working for us, and him having a better attendance record than so and so) being made. Anyway, we had a job going on the factory floor a couple of weeks ago so gave him an interview, for which he turned up in his best bib and tucker, keen to make an impression.

Though none of us doubted that he'd have been a good worker we were unsure as to whether he'd be able to handle the level banter on the factory floor, which can be pretty merciless, and the job was given to someone else.

We've just found out that he's hung himself. :(
Sorry about that Bruce tricky one is that did interviewing him give him false hope and all that? Not your fault you had a job and gave him a fair chance and tbh your reasons for not giving it him look to have been proved right. At least you interviewed him more than most do nowadays or even acknowledge you exist

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 am

I've woke up to find that I've got a load of little red spots on my legs. Nowhere else, just on my legs. More on my calves than my thighs. WTF? :conf:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 am

Stop wearing your girlfriend's pyjamas. :wink:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:27 pm

It's probably Down Syndrome, Bruce. No offence intended to those who have the real problem.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:33 pm

Dujon wrote:It's probably Down Syndrome, Bruce. No offence intended to those who have the real problem.
:conf:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've woke up to find that I've got a load of little red spots on my legs. Nowhere else, just on my legs. More on my calves than my thighs. WTF? :conf:
Just a silly quip Annoyed Grunt.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:59 am

Fleas, Bruce. Defo. You need to fumigate the wife.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks for the stout advice, Chaps, but they've pretty much gone now. Am wondering if they're anything to do with Friday and Saturday evenings over-indulgances? :oops:

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Today I'm neither angry nor happy about... mating my dog.
We took her round to one of the farms nearby to meet a big handsome B&W long-haired Border Collie, and despite the fact we arranged a candle-lit dinner for them (well it was dusk, and my dog helped herself to a cowpat or two, yum yum) nothing happened. He tried, believe me he tried, but she was having none of it.
Oh well, we'll try later in the week.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Slip some rohypnol in her pedigree chum.. Job done
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:Slip some rohypnol in her pedigree chum.. Job done
With dogs, I think you'll find they need to be upright and for that they need to be conscious.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Thanks for the stout advice, Chaps, but they've pretty much gone now. Am wondering if they're anything to do with Friday and Saturday evenings over-indulgances? :oops:

Vitamin C deficiency?

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Small_red_d ... tml?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Thanks for the stout advice, Chaps, but they've pretty much gone now. Am wondering if they're anything to do with Friday and Saturday evenings over-indulgances? :oops:

Vitamin C deficiency?

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Small_red_d ... tml?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hmm, could be. Cheers, Gary, I'll get some Vit C tabs (as opposed to fannying about with oranges) and see how it goes :oyea:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Dujon wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I've woke up to find that I've got a load of little red spots on my legs. Nowhere else, just on my legs. More on my calves than my thighs. WTF? :conf:
Just a silly quip Annoyed Grunt.
No worries, I'm not the PC police.